Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C6B12266-BC60-46AF-8148-0DFD459B73B5.jpeg
Are these numbers based on rated or estimated range?

I checked the Stats app this morning when my car was supposed to be doing the "Smart Battery Prep" (because I like to see the app lit up like a control panel). However, the settings were now set for 0800, instead of 0700 which is what I usually have it at. I'm 95% percent sure I never made that change. Any chance it's related to DLST?

It was an easy fix and I'm happy to submit it in the app if it's a real bug.

I checked the Stats app this morning when my car was supposed to be doing the "Smart Battery Prep" (because I like to see the app lit up like a control panel). However, the settings were now set for 0800, instead of 0700 which is what I usually have it at. I'm 95% percent sure I never made that change. Any chance it's related to DLST?

It was an easy fix and I'm happy to submit it in the app if it's a real bug.
Yes, Daylight Savings is the culprit. Please edit your schedule. When you opened the app today you should have received a reminder about that. I should have sent the reminder on Saturday.

We may see it from Tesla, but in the meantime: If not at [whitelisted location list] and locked and unoccupied, automatically enable sentry.
Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more complicated than that because the app doesn't run continuously in the background so location of the car is not monitored constantly. I also don't want a server to monitor location of the car constantly as it affects the phantom drain. Still, I'm thinking along those lines.

The Siri commands that I've added for Sentry mode and enable/disable Sentry mode for now. The upcoming Watch app also has a button for this (in addition to Siri on the watch).

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more complicated than that because the app doesn't run continuously in the background so location of the car is not monitored constantly. I also don't want a server to monitor location of the car constantly as it affects the phantom drain. Still, I'm thinking along those lines.

The Siri commands that I've added for Sentry mode and enable/disable Sentry mode for now. The upcoming Watch app also has a button for this (in addition to Siri on the watch).

I grant that I haven't thought it through, but off the top of my head:
- You're doing something presumably event-driven to detect unoccupied and unlocked. Use the same trigger to check whether sentry should be enabled.
- If you aren't already using it, the common trick seems to be to use location services to wake the app occasionally. Some combination of noting the car location vs. the phone location shouldn't require waking the car at all to notice that te car and the phone are now in different locations and the check should be performed.

(I note that I'm presuming the logic is driven from a phone that is with the car and then not with the car, which is a stateful presumption rather than an elegant presumption. Still, I'd bet it's the 90% case.)

I grant that I haven't thought it through, but off the top of my head:
- You're doing something presumably event-driven to detect unoccupied and unlocked. Use the same trigger to check whether sentry should be enabled.
- If you aren't already using it, the common trick seems to be to use location services to wake the app occasionally. Some combination of noting the car location vs. the phone location shouldn't require waking the car at all to notice that te car and the phone are now in different locations and the check should be performed.

(I note that I'm presuming the logic is driven from a phone that is with the car and then not with the car, which is a stateful presumption rather than an elegant presumption. Still, I'd bet it's the 90% case.)
I'm on it. Yes, I am using the same algorithm that I have used for locking the car. There are a lot of details that need to be worked out, but that's my job.

New version of the app is just released.
This update includes a watch app and the ability to selected from several color schemes. With the watch app Siri commands are processed locally on the watch, so it should be faster.

Did you thoroughly test the watch app for vampire drain? The reason I deleted the other tesla watch app was because it was talking to the car too much.

New version of the app is just released.
This update includes a watch app and the ability to selected from several color schemes. With the watch app Siri commands are processed locally on the watch, so it should be faster.
The climate screen shows the correct car (model 3 in my case) but the interior pic for the seat heaters appears to be a model S. Any chance of updating that so the carpet matches the drapes?