Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 1/15
EDD - was feb
EDD- started changing starting Feb2 (day by day slip
EDD - Feb 8th - Feb 18th (As of this morning)
Never got any VIN assigned
EDD (Now) - March - May!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Am I pissed? I sure am.....

What just happened? contacted their customer service and got nothing but "wait until you receive a text from us"

Ordered on 1/15
EDD - was feb
EDD (Now) - March - May!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What just happened? contacted their customer service and got nothing but "wait until you receive a text from us"
Is your "Mar-May" just general or specific dates in Mar and May? If just general months (like a new order) that often will happen right before you get your VIN. Fingers crossed that is why. Expect VIN within 24hrs if I'm correct.

Last edited:
Is your "Mar-May" just general or specific dates in Mar and May? If just general months (like a new order) that often will happen right before you get your VIN. Fingers crossed that is why. Except VIN within 24hrs if I'm correct.
Just general with no dates. Just the month/s like the new order

I sure hope you are right that my VIN is coming. Holding my fingers crossed. Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Ordered on 1/15
EDD - was feb

Bro thats crazy, That's why im not going to hold my breath on my dates. I'm excited and like the earlier EED I got today. I want my new car but don't want to get stressed expecting it sooner than later. I really hope what Rhuse said is correct for your sake and mine.

Just picked up my car, fit and finish were on point! Very pleased to see that for the most part, Tesla appears to be putting more emphasis on quality control in many instances but perhaps not all. Either way, a major improvement over my December 2020 MYP!

I'm also pleased to report that the updated suspension on this car is NOTICEABLY better than my previous 2020 MYP and 2022 M3P. I'm extremely happy with the ride quality! Here are a few pics that I was able to snap when I arrived home.

IMG_4064.JPG
IMG_4065.JPG

I’m kinda stumped. A lot of people got huge push outs for their delivery dates from April-May. Mine changed from 3/22-3/31 to 3/30-3/31 which is super specific. Only a 2-day window. Some say that means a vin could be coming, but this far ahead? I consider myself lucky because it’s still saying March even though I ordered 1/27, but maybe it’s because I’m on the east coast and black exterior isn’t the most popular color?