Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure. I probably just crossed the 12v and 10v together and blew the fuse somehow. I finished the job earlier today. It looks very clean. The wires are only visible for about an inch below the auto pilot camera and when it comes out the back hatch molding to the rear camera. I was able to run the wire to rear camera through the headliner seams and up through the rubber boot into the hack back hood. I drilled a hole to get the wire back out and ran it under the black molding at the top of the rear window. It took a long time but I have to admit it came out looking great at the end. Now I can return my unused OBI adapter to Amazon.

I'll post notes and photos on Thursday.

Reactions: SwisSojourners
image.jpg

image.jpg

Does anyone know what the small vent on the very front of the plastic autopilot/mirror assembly is for? I'm guessing ventilation.

So I used a variety of guides and go my blackvue install today. I noticed though tonight my display "auto brightness" doesn't seem to be adjusting anymore. Did I somehow inadvertently unplug something up by the speaker/mirror? If so is there any particular plug I need to look for to check? Thanks.

I just tried it again two days later with the same result--positive indication of a Trojan. Up-to-date Windows 10.

I emailed BlackVue support to see what they say . . .

This is their reply . . .

We have confirmed this with the blackvue Software security team. This is not a virus but a precautionary mesaure from the windows defender since blackvue PC viewer is not a well known program.

Also this problem is just with Windows 10 defender and sometimes with Norton antiviruses for some reason. You can also scan your computer with another antivirus to confirm it. People all over the world are using it without any hassle on other operating systems.

Reactions: hiroshiy
This is their reply . . .

We have confirmed this with the blackvue Software security team. This is not a virus but a precautionary mesaure from the windows defender since blackvue PC viewer is not a well known program.

Also this problem is just with Windows 10 defender and sometimes with Norton antiviruses for some reason. You can also scan your computer with another antivirus to confirm it. People all over the world are using it without any hassle on other operating systems.

They got to get someone to do their CS more professionally instead of google translate

I just got delivery of a 70D with autopilot. There is a sensor/camera in the lower corner of the rear view mirror (driver's side) which doesn't exist in non-AP models. How far away from that camera does the BlackVue need to be so as not to interfere with it?
Thanks in advance.