Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Profile completion means Tesla needs to know how you are going to pay for the car upon delivery (Of coz you can change it before delivery). Without that info, your reservation is just a reservation, and your order will not be moved to production que.

Hmm, well I selected Financing (Loan) and they did the loan approval, but I didn't press "Confirm" on that yet as it's still so far away and said I couldn't change it on the account page. It would only be good for 60 days anyway and it's probably double that.

Here's the wording they used on the account page:

"By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method.

CONFIRM [blue button]"

It says this on the same page as well (on the sidebar):

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Hmm, well I selected Financing (Loan) and they did the loan approval, but I didn't press "Confirm" on that yet as it's still so far away and said I couldn't change it on the account page. It would only be good for 60 days anyway and it's probably double that.

Here's the wording they used on the account page:

"By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method.

CONFIRM [blue button]"

It says this on the same page as well (on the sidebar):

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."
Well, you could've selected cash as payment method and change it to loan before delivery, but since you already applied the loan and got the credit check, you better confirm it now. After this step, your profile is complete.
Of coz it will expire, 60 days is too short. Current delivery takes more than 3 months. Many of us here have expired loan approvals and we have to reapply before delivery.

Reactions: Falcon73
Well, you could've selected cash as payment method and change it to loan before delivery, but since you already applied the loan and got the credit check, you better confirm it now. After this step, your profile is complete.
Of coz it will expire, 60 days is too short. Current delivery takes more than 3 months. Many of us here have expired loan approvals and we have to reapply before delivery.

I hit confirm and "Prepare for Delivery" is now checked in the Overview. They already ran my credit, so this will expire before it's ready. Well, nothing I can do about it now.

I also see the Insurance and Agreements sections now. This is looking a lot better.

Thank you!

I should have found this forum before ordering, but oh well...

I’ve been lurking around multiple waiting rooms but only saw a handful of Blue MY being delivered recently. It seems like Tesla does manufacturing in batches for orders with similar specs, so was hoping to gather more data points from those that ordered Blue.

Here’s mine:
OD 6/10, completed profile next day
Blue/White LR, no tow hitch no FSD
Current EDD: Aug 10 - Aug 30
Bay Area
Thanks for starting this thread!

Here's mine:

OD 5/17 on hold. Released order 7/12
Blue LR, 20" induction wheels
EDD bouncing end of Sept. (see signature)
Santa Barbara, Ca pick up

Reactions: tsam23 and heyitsme
I'm on the VA state "waiting room" thread as well. Details in the signature... but yeah. Ordered 5/25 and feel like there aren't many blue's getting delivered. Or maybe its the white interior? Who knows. Really hoping for a VIN in the next week.

based on the data sheet of recent orders i saw, blue is the second most popular color after white.

Yet in this forum and also on the road it seems like that’s not the case. Which is great btw, but not sure if that impacts manufacturing/delivery. I’ve only seen a handful of blue VINs recently compared to white/msm

I originally ordered 5/19
LR 5 seat, Blue on White, std wheels, no tow.

EDD was showing August, then unexpectedly got a Schedule Delivery message on June 17 that I just could not take due to family travel.
Put order on hold then re-activated July 19.

New EDD was running Sept 15-30 but disappeared a few days ago and still that way.
Just waiting - I have one other conflict end of September, so obviously that's when they'll suddenly pressure me to take end-of-3Q delivery!
Update - today my EDD reappeared, showing the same Sept 15-30 estimate as it did when I reactivated the order. I don't know if I should call them and ask not to be slotted right into that late-Sept / early-Oct time. I don't want to be kicked all the way into Nov-Dec.