Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they have fun switching up EDD's cuz otherwise why even bother, I hope someone's having a laugh
MYP, Blue\black, Enhanced Auto Pilot, No Tow. New Jersey

Ordered 8/21
EDD 1- Sept 18 - Oct 16
EDD 2-Oct 2 - Oct 30
- Switched to FSD (before the bump to $15k)
EDD 3-Sept 22 - Oct 6
EDD 4-Sept 24 - Oct 6 (longest one that didn't change for about a week and half/ 2 weeks)
- Contacted regarding if I wanted to trade in.
EDD 5-Oct 3 - Oct 17
EDD 6- Oct 2 - Oct 16 (a day after EDD 5 was issued)

EDD update this morning. 5 week to 4 week but pushed a week later with 2 weeks cut off the front end. Makes sense as it seems too late now for them to get me a car by EOQ which is likely why I had Sept 28th in my previous EDD in case they did.

New EDD: Oct 13th to Nov 10th
Previous EDDs:
(8/10): Sep 28 to Nov 2
(8/3): Nov 6 to Dec 18
(7/7): Nov 12 to Jan 7 (After adding blue color option on 7/6)

Finally got! MYLR5, No FSD, Gemini 19", Black Interior
OD: 01/12/21
VIN: 09/04/22
Pickup: 09/19/22
Had around 4 different 2 week EDD, had pickup date delayed once.
So it took you 1 year, 8 months to get the car? Wow.

I don't want to here Elon talk about Tesla's goal is sustainability and making EVs affordable.

They are doing their best to keep you from getting MYLR at cheaper locked in price and kept giving to higher margin orders. Hoping you would give up!

At the end its all about $$$

Ordered 8/21
EDD 1- Sept 18 - Oct 16
EDD 2-Oct 2 - Oct 30
- Switched to FSD (before the bump to $15k)
EDD 3-Sept 22 - Oct 6
EDD 4-Sept 24 - Oct 6 (longest one that didn't change for about a week and half/ 2 weeks)
- Contacted regarding if I wanted to trade in.
EDD 5-Oct 3 - Oct 17
EDD 6- Oct 2 - Oct 16 (a day after EDD 5 was issued
9-28 VIN ASSIGNED! F564
EDD 7- Oct 11 - Oct 20

Seems silly to add it onto my insurance now but don't want to cause any sort of delay?

Reactions: dgbehrends
Yes Im very torn now, I ordered my MYLR at the end of June/22 in MSM. I really wanted blue but thought at the time I'd save the cash as I liked the MSM and I was getting the tow hitch so thought that would speed up delivery anyway. My EDD at time of order was Jan23-Mar23 and in early September it moved to December/22-January/23 and then to Dec 11 to Jan 22. I decided to switch my design to blue and now I'm hoping that's not going to mean I end up waiting a year....the edd hasn't changed since I switched it to blue - still is Dec 11 to Jan 22. Im not in a huge rush for it but still would like to get it soon...

So it took you 1 year, 8 months to get the car? Wow.

I don't want to here Elon talk about Tesla's goal is sustainability and making EVs affordable.

They are doing their best to keep you from getting MYLR at cheaper locked in price and kept giving to higher margin orders. Hoping you would give up!

At the end its all about $$$
You're absolutely right. I mean, their supply costs went down ~60% in the past 5 years, price just keeps going up.

Reactions: acpd