Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonnie,
I got to take a very close look at Founder's ViN 3. The X6ish rear end that I feared so much was rather attractive. The new headlights combined with a painted nose was also attractive. The rear doors were a sight to behold but I look at all the actuator motors (mid row seats, front and rear doors,,) and I remember all the times I spent working on cable rigging and actuator motors for sun roofs. They are neat features but I fear they will be a weak link for some time to come.

The view from the front seat is spectacular. The helicopter bubble front window is innovative and appealing without a hint of baking in the sun. The rotating sun visors were a nice touch.

Overall impression was very good but, after seeing it in person, I suspect my wife will go for a S90D to replace her S85 instead of the X. The primary issue for me was the "why?" factor. The S likely has more utility for us in most every situation as we very rarely need room for seven people. There is less useable space in the X even though it is bigger. That said, the front trunk is much bigger. That's just our situation. I still think the X will do very well in the market.

I hope you see yours soon.

It's ON. Picking up Sig #2 this weekend. It would be earlier, but I'm out of town til Sun afternoon.

Let the party begin :).
Yay! Must say your priorities are backwards...I saw the tweet first, then came here. Took a while for you to post here. Hmm, is the magic of TMC wearing off?

Congrats!