Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trunk area -

12v on the left side.

The parcel shelf can be in two positions - flush or low. With my suitcase in the back last night, the area was deep enough that it was easily covered with the shelf in the flush position.

Here are three photos showing no shelf, low position, and flush position:

View attachment 105065

View attachment 105066

View attachment 105067

The low position.

Whoa! This may be new. I don't recall noticing this at the reveal. I remember the flush being the level with the folded third row. This might just make the presence of the third row doable for a use I have in mind. We're going to need some confirmed measurements on the height differences for sure (not asking you to do them bonnie, just pointing out that it would great if someone did ;-) ).

Thanks again for sharing with us!

I haven't found that post, I guess. I've seen many requests for them, though...
People seem to be looking for two different measurements
a) maximum space with 2nd row all the way forward
b) practical space with someone sitting in the 2nd row (in my case kids)

Here is a post on the space behind seats.

Model X Cargo Measurements

Rear cargo well, 45x15x18" deep, above the cargo shelf, 18" to the curve of the hatch (lowest point). 12" from back of 3rd row to hatch (approx) at top of seat, 15" at bottom of seat back.

3rd row folded, 50" from back of middle seats to hatch when middle seats are all the way back, 60" if they are in their full forward position. 27.5" from folded rear seats to C pillar cross beam, which appears to be a constant as there's a beefy support for the FWD hinge there the full length of the back.

In 6 seat config. You have a 15" gap between the middle seats and an 80" linear space to the back. One of the test ride cars was configured this way with a center console that provided an arm rest.

Frunk is about 44" wide, 22" deep and roughly 15-18" long. (I wasn't able to get that measurement with the crowd)

A 6' man can easily stand up in the 3rd row seat area with the FWD open and the middle seat in forward position for 3rd row access.

Adaptive FWD open/close is amazing to watch with people nearby.

Peter+​

Whoa! This may be new. I don't recall noticing this at the reveal. I remember the flush being the level with the folded third row. This might just make the presence of the third row doable for a use I have in mind. We're going to need some confirmed measurements on the height differences for sure (not asking you to do them bonnie, just pointing out that it would great if someone did ;-) ).

Thanks again for sharing with us!
Yeah I'd double check this one. It seems to me it would have to be the flush position that's level with the back of the third row seats, as that's the proper increase in height to account for the thickness of the third row seat backs when folded. The low position would be the position that's flush with floor level if the car was not equipped with third row seats.

I'm still trying to decide between the 5 and 6 passenger option, but without the 5 seat configuration in production it's a guessing game what the cargo area would look like. Taking a closer look at how the seats are installed might give a better indication what the surface would be like without them. The biggest question would be if it looks like you could fit a long object under the second row seats if the third row seats weren't there.

Thanks for the clarification. In the picture in post 716 it's nice to see that there's a TON of space. Post 684 and a couple other worried me. I'm 6'4"...
Just went and looked at post 684 again and that first picture doesn't show the fwd up all the way on the side facing the camera. The far side is though (or closer to all the way up anyway).

I'm 6'1" and remember having a good 4 inches or so clearance when staning on the ground at the very edge of the door. It might be close for you but you should be OK.

Just went and looked at post 684 again and that first picture doesn't show the fwd up all the way on the side facing the camera. The far side is though (or closer to all the way up anyway).

I'm 6'1" and remember having a good 4 inches or so clearance when staning on the ground at the very edge of the door. It might be close for you but you should be OK.
Thanks for the additional data point. Much appreciated. Now all we need is a Model X at the Portland store so we can take it for a test drive. Or a Sig X delivery around here with an unreasonably generous owner :)

Yeah I'd double check this one. It seems to me it would have to be the flush position that's level with the back of the third row seats, as that's the proper increase in height to account for the thickness of the third row seat backs when folded. The low position would be the position that's flush with floor level if the car was not equipped with third row seats.

I'm still trying to decide between the 5 and 6 passenger option, but without the 5 seat configuration in production it's a guessing game what the cargo area would look like. Taking a closer look at how the seats are installed might give a better indication what the surface would be like without them. The biggest question would be if it looks like you could fit a long object under the second row seats if the third row seats weren't there.
Agreed. Will definitely confirm before configuring. Trying to decide on the 5 or 6 as well.

From what I can tell, there still will be a hump where the third row is placed even without them. Unless that area is built up for the third row. Perhaps they are trying to make this go away for the 5 seater though. Even if they are, I might still prefer the extra space down the middle offered by the 6 seater.

Decisions, decisions... ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the additional data point. Much appreciated. Now all we need is a Model X at the Portland store so we can take it for a test drive. Or a Sig X delivery around here with an unreasonably generous owner :)
You're welcome.

We've got a couple sig folks offering to meet up and let us explore up here, maybe they're up for a little day trip! ;-)

Love the artistic impression, but adore that until this pic, I didn't realize the trunk glass extends under spoiler! I had thought it was bodywork, not glass work, under there!
Actually, I don't believe that it does.

The picture isn't clear, but that small thin trace of white below the spoiler might be the bodywork, though it could also be the bottom of the spoiler.

What I remember, though, is that the black you see below the spoiler is just black shiny plastic, not the glass extended from the rear window - and that it sits below the curve of the window. The spoiler, which is a large fraction of an inch thick, sits over that plastic panel and fits flush with the window and the bodywork when it is down.

Love the artistic impression, but adore that until this pic, I didn't realize the trunk glass extends under spoiler! I had thought it was bodywork, not glass work, under there!

I took these Sept 29th.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZnR9Lja.jpg
ZnR9Lja.jpg

Image: http://i.imgur.com/Y0VEICa.png
Y0VEICa.png

How does the auto opening front door work?

Auto opening will be in the next firmware update. It's in the owner's manual, though. Right now the door opens by pressing the handle. That will be updated shortly.

Also in the next firmware update, Cargo Mode. Selecting Cargo Mode on the 'doors' screen (according to the manual) will cause the entire second row to tilt forward and the third row to fold flat. That will be fancy!

First I'd be interested in hearing if you've ever hit your head on the frame of a vehicle you own with normal doors. Well, okay, I'd like to hear how often you do that. Because I know you do. :)

First I'd be interested in hearing if you've ever hit your head on the frame of a vehicle you own with normal doors. Well, okay, I'd like to hear how often you do that. Because I know you do. :)

My wife complains that she hits her head on our MS hatchback fairly regularly. I have it set as high as it can safely open without hitting our garage door. This is a slight concern for us as well, but it's way down the list.