TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BUYING ANOTHER MODEL X AND I CANT BELIEVE THE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by ZenMonk21, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ZenMonk21

ZenMonk21 Member

Trying to buy a new model X has been such a horrible experience!!!!

Lets start w their customer loyalty dept/manager that hasn’t returned an email or phone calls in almost 4 weeks after they contacted me about getting a new car!

original inventory car I wanted was sent to Seattle for some reason and Tesla wants me to pay to have it sent back, are they on drugs?? Then my car was supposed to be delivered on the Nov 30th but I get a text it’s coming Dec 9. The car is a hour and half away are you kidding me!!!

Could not get any calls back from anyone, so I decided to drive to different showrooms in so cal to get some answers since I felt the original showroom/manager didn’t want to bother with me since I wasn’t getting an calls. I got a kid in Brea that doesn’t know his job and starts to argue with me, a manager in Buena Park that gives me a attitude so I walk out, while I am walking the lot in Buena Park just to waste time while my S is charging the manager comes back to me and tells my car is sitting there w service notes written on the window, charge port broken, really, it’s a new car???

Still haven’t heard back from loyalty to get the model S traded in.

I CANT BELIEVE I AM BUYING ANOTHER TESLA AND I GET THIS CRAP SERVICE!! AS MANY TOP OF THE LINE CAR BRANDS I HAVE PURCHASED I HAVE NEVER EVER FELT THAT I WAS BUGGING MY SALES TEAM, WOW TESLA U JUST ACCOMPLISH THAT!!

I wanted to change the wheels since my car is sitting there and don’t like the way they look, and out of good customer service you would think they would say let’s take care of you, HECK NO THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $3000 more SMH

APPARENTLY WHEN U GO TRY TO TALK TO SOMEOME IT SENDS A INTERNAL EMAL TO YOUR PLAYERS IN THE DEAL WITHIN 10 MINUTES LEAVING 4th SHOWROOM I GET CALLS FROM EVERYONE BUT NO ANSWERS, EXCEPT WE’LL CALL U BACK. REALLY CALL BACK THAT WAS LAST SAT AND TODAY IS FRI NO CALLS!!!!!

Well Still no answers, so at this point not sure I want to give Tesla more money. either going to cancel the order and go buy that sick Mercedes gle coupe amg 63 or try to assume a lease from someone.

I AM SO DISGUSTED W TESLA

OH BY THE WAY AM I THE ONLY OWNER THAT FEELS NO LOYALTY THAT I LOSE MY FREE SUPERCHARGING BCUZ I WANTED TO STAY LOYAL TO TESLA AND GET ANOTHER ONE?? I GUESS THE OWNERS THAT BEEN LOYAL WE MEAN NOTHING TO ELON AND TESLA

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Your post would be more helpful if you were to present the facts more coherently

• Like x 11
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I understand your frustrations. I agree the Tesla is experiencing growing pains to put it nicely.

My family has bought 5 (3 P85D, 2 P100D) Teslas. I have referred several more. My partner is buying an X now - I get treated worse than my employee who I directed to buy a base model 3.

But for now this is no competition so I dont have much of a choice.

• Love x 1
  4. patrick40363

patrick40363 Active Member

Don't buy it.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. Zextraterrestrial

I was told that all CAPS means you are an A-hole...
    Zen ? lol
    one more reason to stay away from so-cal, thanks

• Like x 1
  6. ZenMonk21

ZenMonk21 Member

Same here I have referred so many people and to your point the people that ordered the 3 get better loyalty.... It’s incredible!!

7. WaitingForY

WaitingForY Banned

If you are a current Tesla owner login to your mytesla page and log an escalation to the executive team. I bet you get a call from senior management pronto and they fix the issues with a good will gesture to you

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

That does nothing. You get a generic response.

• Love x 1
  9. WaitingForY

WaitingForY Banned

Not in my case or others I’ve spoken to. Did you try speaking to the head manager of the store?

10. ZenMonk21

ZenMonk21 Member

I’ve tried speaking to about every manager in oc and la, all I got out of it was feeling like I was bothering them when I’m trying to buy another car SMH

11. Compton

Compton Supporting Member

Did you use the same style of writing to try contact Tesla - i.e. incoherent rants with all caps, plenty of exclamation marks and few punctuation marks? If so, I'm not surprised by the lack of responses.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  12. animorph

animorph Active Member

I think all of these rants that I've seen before have similarly been for inventory Teslas. Clearly that process has not received much attention since the good old days of CPO cars.

• Informative x 1
  13. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Many posts later and OP has yet to clarify the issues

Did you put down a deposit on an inventory model and it was sent to the wrong location and Tesla wants you to pay to bring it back? OR was the car sent prior to you putting down a deposit?

Were you trying to upgrade wheels that cost 3k more, for free of charge just because you’re a returning customer?
    If so, that’s absurd, Tesla doesn’t owe you anything more than what you pay for
    I’ve bought 3 model s’s so far, Tesla should throw in a Model X with my next Model S purchase! Otherwise I’ll be steaming mad!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. ZenMonk21

ZenMonk21 Member

15. ZenMonk21

ZenMonk21 Member

The people that have positive feedback THANK U FOR YOUR TIME, MUCH APPRECIATED!!

THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO BE KEYBOARD GANGSTERS AND TALK SMACK UR A CLOWN CIRCUS AND BET IT WOULD BE A LOT DIFFERENT RESPONSE IN PERSON.....TRUST (ALL CAPS HOMEBOYS!!!!!).

• Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 4
  16. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

“Zen monk”. The irony.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

My thought is: If I want customer service, I would go to Mercedes.

If I want a Tesla, I have to really, REALLY want it and work my way in to get it.

Owners have brought donuts, pizza, gifts to Tesla workers.

So I hope you are actually SUPER NICE to Tesla workers instead of just ALL CAPS WORDS.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  18. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

No one is being a keyboard gangster, just trying to figure out what the heck you’re talking about

But after this post I can only assume you’re some troll, and rest assured if we were to speak in person I would have no problem calling you out on your bull**** “homeboy”

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  19. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

While it was hard to follow, I can assure anyone that the OP isn't off base... At all...

If you're not buying a Model 3 then Tesla isn't really interested in your business these days, that's literally all they focus on now... This company cannot walk and chew gum at the same time...

Jeff

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  20. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Really? If you want customer service then purchase a Mercedes?

This is how bad it's become... If any other manufacturer could produce an EV on par with Tesla, Tesla would evaporate overnight...

Jeff

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1