Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BUYING ANOTHER MODEL X AND I CANT BELIEVE THE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"...or try to assume a lease from someone"

Been there, tried that. Tesla has no incentive to help you assume a lease now. If you do try, make sure the lease isn't with Tesla Financial.

As a current S driver, in September I found a nearby Model X and agreed to terms with current lessee. I submitted credit app and fee to Tesla Financial. I am tier 1 credit so after a few weeks of no response I called the Tesla rep the current lessee had originally dealt with on the lease assumption process. Got an email on Oct 16 saying my credit had been approved and asking if i wanted to proceed. (Turns out credit had actually been pulled Sep 23.) Both the current lessee and I replied to the email saying we wanted to proceed. Long story short, after several more emails and phone calls, neither of us heard another word from Tesla. We finally abandoned the process.

Think I understand where the OP is coming from. He is frustrated and using this forum to vent. Good use of a forum.

Customers (especially previous owners) have pretty high expectation from the company. Years ago it was more of adventureous people, ordering a bleading edge vehicle from a company out to change the World for the better. Ordering was straightforward and buyers were willing to wait years for their "running on Sunshine" cars to be produced.

Now Tesla is running at full bore and churning out 10 times the cars, 3 models and more in the cue. Now peoples expectations have risen. We want to order a car today and drive it next week. We want special consideration because we bought another Tesla earlier and feel entitled to special service.

Buyers get all bent out of shape if a delivery is delayed, the paint has a speck of dust, the panels are not perfectly gapped and aligned. They want to change wheels or other option at the last minute, They want their cars fully charged, expect to spend an hour or so going over a multi-page checklist, inspect the cars with portable high intensity lights, want extended test rides, last minute financing and paperwork changes. They want to delay their deliveries because they believe something better is just around the corner. They want expensive display screens changed out just because a little yellow tint line shows around the edge.

They want free high performance upgrades, everyone want to instantaneously get the latest firmware updates that they see on the forum, then complain that something has changed and they liked the previous edition better. We want their cars to have the fastest charging, longest range, best warranty, finest sound system, never need service, get delivered the long awaited $35,000 car, but still get the current tax credits

The paint needs to be show car quaity, the lighting needs to be the best, the ride must be both smooth riding while still offer agressive handling. Superchargers must be located where it is most convenient to them and they must never be busy. They never want to share their Supercharging current with another Tesla, get upset if they need to pay for parking in a commercial parking garage Supercharger. They want their rental condos and appartments to provide them with free and convenient charging options.

We are a pretty demanding group....and yet the waiting line for new Teslas is around the block.

Tesla is running full bore. Little time to chat and sometimes they foul up, but overall they are still putting out some pretty magnificent car, with even more on the horizon.

Reactions: Doubletap67
If the belligerent, short-fuse ranting here is indicative of how he treated the Tesla employees, I'm frankly surprised they didn't just tell him to pound sand. I happen to know that they are insanely busy right now shipping cars before the tax credit gets cut in half at the end of the year and everyone has been working well into the night to get the cars into owners' hands. If you're going to be an ill-tempered sycophant it's not going to get you far.

While it was hard to follow, I can assure anyone that the OP isn't off base... At all...

If you're not buying a Model 3 then Tesla isn't really interested in your business these days, that's literally all they focus on now... This company cannot walk and chew gum at the same time...

Jeff
I agree tesla has gone down hill with their service, but come on! OP has not made any of his complaints clear enough to say he’s not off base.

Reactions: neroden
I agree tesla has gone down hill with their service, but come on! OP has not made any of his complaints clear enough to say he’s not off base.

Well you only have to look at Apple to see where things are heading. I remember when Steve Wozniak used to hand-build computers for customers, and sign the manual! Now they just get shipped from China by a FACELESS COMPANY... SMH...

Well you only have to look at Apple to see where things are heading. I remember when Steve Wozniak used to hand-build computers for customers, and sign the manual! Now they just get shipped from China by a FACELESS COMPANY... SMH...
Not necessarily, look at the current dealership model, high end vehicle dealers (bmw, Mercedes, Audi) they still value their loyal customers. Why? Because they have the resources, they have the proper people in place to do that.
Tesla on the other hand is only focusing on getting as many cars out the door as physically possible.
Maybe one day when they have enough employees and enough stores in place they’ll be a lot more customer experience oriented rather than here are your keys now get the frig out!

We recently visited our local tesla showroom/service center. It was like Black Friday! Hectic, full of people taking deliveries, test driving etc
Every employee is busy

Walk into a Mercedes or Audi dealership and you’ll be greeted and you’ll downright need a restraining order to keep them away while you browse

Reactions: traxila and neroden
Not necessarily, look at the current dealership model, high end vehicle dealers (bmw, Mercedes, Audi) they still value their loyal customers. Why? Because they have the resources, they have the proper people in place to do that.
Tesla on the other hand is only focusing on getting as many cars out the door as physically possible.
Maybe one day when they have enough employees and enough stores in place they’ll be a lot more customer experience oriented rather than here are your keys now get the frig out!

The problem with this approach is they may not have enough customers to to keep happy by the time their done treating the rest of us in a negative manor. Tesla is the only company I've ever seen that acts like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to purchase one of their products...

Jeff

Yep, got a call from one a month or so ago, her job was basically fishing for anyone who’d like to trade in for a newer tesla. No specials no incentives, basically a sales person.

I got a call from one of those. She wanted me to trade in my S so I could get new HOV stickers that aren't expiring this year. I thought that was a fascinating sales pitch. Not sure how big the market of folks is who will spend $80k or more just for new HOV stickers. Nothing about selling the new AP 2.5 as an upgrade or anything. Just HOV stickers.

I am just waiting until the day I start getting unsolicited letters in the mail from Tesla about the GREAT trade in offer they have waiting for me for my 2015 S.

The problem with this approach is they may not have enough customers to to keep happy by the time their done treating the rest of us in a negative manor. Tesla is the only company I've ever seen that acts like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to purchase one of their products...

Jeff
I agree and that shouldn’t be.
I understand they are swamped and just can’t pamper the customers but I remember your situation with tesla and that’s absolutely unacceptable.
I feel like these young folk (says a 27 yo) they have working there just don’t really care, they don’t have the incentive traditional car sales people do AND they don’t have much experience in the car business.

However getting back to the OP, There’s not enough information to clearly understand the issue. And when op was asked to clarify he called us “keyboard gangsters” and let us all know he’s a badass in real life.

Trying to buy a new model X has been such a horrible experience!!!!

Lets start w their customer loyalty dept/manager that hasn’t returned an email or phone calls in almost 4 weeks after they contacted me about getting a new car!

original inventory car I wanted was sent to Seattle for some reason and Tesla wants me to pay to have it sent back, are they on drugs?? Then my car was supposed to be delivered on the Nov 30th but I get a text it’s coming Dec 9. The car is a hour and half away are you kidding me!!!

Could not get any calls back from anyone, so I decided to drive to different showrooms in so cal to get some answers since I felt the original showroom/manager didn’t want to bother with me since I wasn’t getting an calls. I got a kid in Brea that doesn’t know his job and starts to argue with me, a manager in Buena Park that gives me a attitude so I walk out, while I am walking the lot in Buena Park just to waste time while my S is charging the manager comes back to me and tells my car is sitting there w service notes written on the window, charge port broken, really, it’s a new car???

Still haven’t heard back from loyalty to get the model S traded in.

I CANT BELIEVE I AM BUYING ANOTHER TESLA AND I GET THIS CRAP SERVICE!! AS MANY TOP OF THE LINE CAR BRANDS I HAVE PURCHASED I HAVE NEVER EVER FELT THAT I WAS BUGGING MY SALES TEAM, WOW TESLA U JUST ACCOMPLISH THAT!!

I wanted to change the wheels since my car is sitting there and don’t like the way they look, and out of good customer service you would think they would say let’s take care of you, HECK NO THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $3000 more SMH

APPARENTLY WHEN U GO TRY TO TALK TO SOMEOME IT SENDS A INTERNAL EMAL TO YOUR PLAYERS IN THE DEAL WITHIN 10 MINUTES LEAVING 4th SHOWROOM I GET CALLS FROM EVERYONE BUT NO ANSWERS, EXCEPT WE’LL CALL U BACK. REALLY CALL BACK THAT WAS LAST SAT AND TODAY IS FRI NO CALLS!!!!!

Well Still no answers, so at this point not sure I want to give Tesla more money. either going to cancel the order and go buy that sick Mercedes gle coupe amg 63 or try to assume a lease from someone.

I AM SO DISGUSTED W TESLA

OH BY THE WAY AM I THE ONLY OWNER THAT FEELS NO LOYALTY THAT I LOSE MY FREE SUPERCHARGING BCUZ I WANTED TO STAY LOYAL TO TESLA AND GET ANOTHER ONE?? I GUESS THE OWNERS THAT BEEN LOYAL WE MEAN NOTHING TO ELON AND TESLA

I had similar terrible service when I bought my S and have had terrible service every time I needed to take it for the warranty repair. I have just come to accept that I will never get progress on anything unless I ask at least twice and get ignored a couple times for each action I need them to do

• Love
Reactions: neroden

Jeff

"We're the phone company. We don't have to care."

I had similar terrible service when I bought my S and have had terrible service every time I needed to take it for the warranty repair. I have just come to accept that I will never get progress on anything unless I ask at least twice and get ignored a couple times for each action I need them to do

Yeah, I also add a demand for a local phone number each time. It's getting to the point where some people are just showing up in person and refusing to leave until their problems are addressed.

Reactions: jeffro01
Think I understand where the OP is coming from. He is frustrated and using this forum to vent. Good use of a forum.

Customers (especially previous owners) have pretty high expectation from the company. Years ago it was more of adventureous people, ordering a bleading edge vehicle from a company out to change the World for the better. Ordering was straightforward and buyers were willing to wait years for their "running on Sunshine" cars to be produced.

Now Tesla is running at full bore and churning out 10 times the cars, 3 models and more in the cue. Now peoples expectations have risen. We want to order a car today and drive it next week. We want special consideration because we bought another Tesla earlier and feel entitled to special service.

Buyers get all bent out of shape if a delivery is delayed, the paint has a speck of dust, the panels are not perfectly gapped and aligned. They want to change wheels or other option at the last minute, They want their cars fully charged, expect to spend an hour or so going over a multi-page checklist, inspect the cars with portable high intensity lights, want extended test rides, last minute financing and paperwork changes. They want to delay their deliveries because they believe something better is just around the corner. They want expensive display screens changed out just because a little yellow tint line shows around the edge.

They want free high performance upgrades, everyone want to instantaneously get the latest firmware updates that they see on the forum, then complain that something has changed and they liked the previous edition better. We want their cars to have the fastest charging, longest range, best warranty, finest sound system, never need service, get delivered the long awaited $35,000 car, but still get the current tax credits

The paint needs to be show car quaity, the lighting needs to be the best, the ride must be both smooth riding while still offer agressive handling. Superchargers must be located where it is most convenient to them and they must never be busy. They never want to share their Supercharging current with another Tesla, get upset if they need to pay for parking in a commercial parking garage Supercharger. They want their rental condos and appartments to provide them with free and convenient charging options.

We are a pretty demanding group....and yet the waiting line for new Teslas is around the block.

Tesla is running full bore. Little time to chat and sometimes they foul up, but overall they are still putting out some pretty magnificent car, with even more on the horizon.

Or you know... Tesla could simply not lie to it's customers... Tesla could reply to emails/voicemails in a timely fashion... I really don't see what is so hard about those two things... Your post mentions a myriad of things that are irrelevant to the core issue Tesla has today, it's singularly focused on one thing and to hell with everything else. This is not a sustainable business model, it just isn't. So long as there is no real competition for Tesla, they can get away with it, when that changes someday, Tesla is screwed...

Elon's complete willingness to openly talk about how he doesn't really care if another company comes along and kills Tesla with a better product so long as Tesla advances it's core mission of advancing the availability of sustainable transportation, is emblematic of the issues Tesla faces today. It doesn't have to be this way but clearly this is the way Tesla wants it to be.

Jeff

• Disagree
Reactions: InDaClub