Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying CPO, but window tint requires modification agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to buy a model S CPO. It has window tint on it and Tesla is saying I have to sign a 'modification' agreement because of the window tint. My attorney says this agreement can potentially void the warranty. Has anyone had this issue?I live in Texas and window tint is a requirement in the 100+ summers.

What does the modification agreement say? I'd wager it just says "not responsible for any issues relating to the aftermarket window tint on vehicle. Will not warranty or repair any issue relating to window tint. Window tint is the sole responsibility of buyer" Otherwise, have them pull it out and then add your own window tint, again that they won't warranty

I am trying to buy a model S CPO. It has window tint on it and Tesla is saying I have to sign a 'modification' agreement because of the window tint. My attorney says this agreement can potentially void the warranty. Has anyone had this issue?I live in Texas and window tint is a requirement in the 100+ summers.

You ever get this resolved? Picking up my CPO at the Dallas SC next week and my NJ originating MS has no tint. I have an appointment to get Huber Optik tint installed the next day due to our 100+ degree summers.

My CPO came with tint (from Florida, I believe). I asked them to keep it and they did; however, there was this oddity on a small part of the driver's side window. There is a sticker of unknown purpose to me and whoever tinted apparently tinted around this sticker. Odd. My wife tried pulling it off but we would have been left with a small rectangle of no tint.

I'll have to get this fixed and matched to existing tint as close as possible, but it's such a small area and won't be a big deal. It's just weird.

IMG_1561.JPG.jpeg IMG_1562.JPG.jpeg

My CPO came with tint (from Florida, I believe). I asked them to keep it and they did; however, there was this oddity on a small part of the driver's side window. There is a sticker of unknown purpose to me and whoever tinted apparently tinted around this sticker. Odd. My wife tried pulling it off but we would have been left with a small rectangle of no tint.

I'll have to get this fixed and matched to existing tint as close as possible, but it's such a small area and won't be a big deal. It's just weird.

View attachment 237508 View attachment 237509
Looks like an RFID tag. Possibly for parking or community access.

You ever get this resolved? Picking up my CPO at the Dallas SC next week and my NJ originating MS has no tint. I have an appointment to get Huber Optik tint installed the next day due to our 100+ degree summers.
I did get this resolved. they sent me an email saying the tint was not covered by warranty, I acknowledged the email, and we went on. the individual I spoke with was the CPO manager for this region. He lives in Houston, and understands window tint is mandatory in this area. He also said he understood why I wouldn't sign the modification agreement for window tint.

BTW, I use the SC at Love Field as well, they are great! Love the car!!