Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV White sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied for the ugly stickers on Jan 5 before I had received license plates, using requested personalized plate number, for which I had applied back on November 6 when I ordered the car. (Thanks to the tip on this thread I believe). Regular plates arrived late January. Today I received the CA HOV lane white stickers, which showed up associated with the issued regular license plates. I sure had a hard time deciding to put these stickers on. I guess white on black isn't too bad- it could be worse - bright green like the hybrid stickers. Still waiting for the personalized black 1960 vintage plates.

Attachments

• IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 105
It would be great to have more discussion of mounting methods for these stickers, which appear to be very tough on the paint finish if applied directly. Have others attempted maneuvers such as TR5642's? Has anyone figured out a way of being able to remove/reapply the stickers safely?
May have been discussed already - but I guess you can cut a small piece of 3M wrap (or whatever clear wrap) and apply it on the paint, then stick the sticker on there instead?

May have been discussed already - but I guess you can cut a small piece of 3M wrap (or whatever clear wrap) and apply it on the paint, then stick the sticker on there instead

I am testing a solution right now
I found this company www.stickergenuis.com
They have all sorts of decal products and will send you out a kit of fre samples
I am testing their "StickleMe" product
StickleMe is a reuseable decal in white only. So I would order enough to put my HOV stickers on it and cut to size
It would be pretty easy for anyone to remove but they'd have to know they were removeable before they'd likely try to remove. Another possible issue is the longevity of the product. If I couldn't use it anymore my stickers are still on the white decal. Guess I could and another layer of StickleMe as a solution. But they appear to be likely to last quite a while

Not sure how much this would differ from 3M/Xpel but I'm familiar with those materials and this is much thinner and easier to work with

The sample I got included a small rectangular piece and I have been mounting it very very low on back panel. So far, so good. Removing is easy and no paint issues
I want to use and reuse to see how well it works after multiple usages.

Anyone else ever tried this?

Will try to post pic later

I am testing a solution right now I found this company www.stickergenuis.com
They have all sorts of decal products and will send you out a kit of fre samples I am testing their "StickleMe" product
StickleMe is a reuseable decal in white only. So I would order enough to put my HOV stickers on it and cut to size
It would be pretty easy for anyone to remove but they'd have to know they were removeable before they'd likely try to remove. Another possible issue is the longevity of the product. If I couldn't use it anymore my stickers are still on the white decal.
Guess I could and another layer of StickleMe as a solution. But they appear to be likely to last quite a while

Very bad idea ... sticker theft is common in California

I forgot to mention I got my stickers this past Saturday. So in short here was my experience on the timeline:

Sent app via snail mail on 1/10
Check got cashed on 2/6
Stickers received 2/11
Took 24 business days from time I put the app in the mailbox

Last edited:
I cannot believe this but my check and application was returned today in the mailbox. Bummer!

It came with Change of Address form. Maybe sending my Corporate Check was the blame??

Gonna be at least another month to proceed. *faint*

I bet you'll see it today or tomorrow in the mail. If your check was cashed, there's no need to check status as your stickers are most likely in the mail already.
Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself, it'll be there in the mailbox today and it hasn't been. They've had 6 mail delivery days since then, and I'm a stone's throw from Sacramento where they should be mailed from. It looks like yours only took 5, and you're probably an extra day away in transit from Sacramento.

What number are you guys calling to get a status update? My check cashed last Wednesday and I still haven't got my stickers, been poring over the mail every day in disappointment. Sent in 1/14.
DMV Special Program Processing Department: (855)230-8747
If you call them, they will tell you that your stickers have been processed and to wait for the mail. It may be possible they mail out stickers in batches, so you'll just need to wait a few more days for them to come in.

What number are you guys calling to get a status update? My check cashed last Wednesday and I still haven't got my stickers, been poring over the mail every day in disappointment. Sent in 1/14.

Recevied by DMV on 1/11, told it was processed 2/4, still waiting in the mail for my stickers...told 4 weeks, though others who submitted well after me have received them so who knows.

I cannot believe this but my check and application was returned today in the mailbox. Bummer!

It came with Change of Address form. Maybe sending my Corporate Check was the blame??

Gonna be at least another month to proceed. *faint*

Sigh, mine got kicked back yesterday as well. I bought a CPO, but it didnt have stickers on it so I had to guess whether the prior owner had signed up previously or not. 50/50 shot and I lost. So now I have to resubmit with the correct boxes checked. Dang.