Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I e-mailed them last night, and I received the approval e-mail this morning. Status on the website now says "Approved2". Not sure what the "2" means, but it looks good to me!

Is there a place I'm supposed to look on the website to track the status? I just sent my paperwork in this morning, but it's not obvious on the website how I would track the status.

Just got a personal reply to my e-mail inquiry about the "overdue" status:

"It seems you have accessed our internal tracking system, where the “overdue” label is one we use for applications that have not yet been processed. In the time since your initial email, your application has been approved. Please expect to receive your rebate within 60 days of your approval date (3/6/13)."

Is there a place I'm supposed to look on the website to track the status? I just sent my paperwork in this morning, but it's not obvious on the website how I would track the status.

It's a bit hard to find. You need to register and log-in first (check the upper-right corner). After that, click the "Your Events & Rebates" link under "User Menu" on the left-side of the page.

Just got a personal reply to my e-mail inquiry about the "overdue" status:

"It seems you have accessed our internal tracking system, where the “overdue” label is one we use for applications that have not yet been processed. In the time since your initial email, your application has been approved. Please expect to receive your rebate within 60 days of your approval date (3/6/13)."

It's a bit hard to find. You need to register and log-in first (check the upper-right corner). After that, click the "Your Events & Rebates" link under "User Menu" on the left-side of the page.

I wonder if their registration system is down. I tried to register on Friday but never received email to validate. Anyone else having an issue registering?

Just got my final approval email yesterday! Sounds like it will take up to 60 days to get the check.

Here is my timeline:
Feb 26th - final MVPA countersigned and I applied for the CVRP rebate online
Mar. 1st - conditional approval from CVRP
Mar 2nd - picked up car at factory
Mar 5th - sent in signed paper CVRP application and supporting documentation by regular mail
Mar 11th - received final approval email

I was a little nervous about the using Feb 26th as the purchase date because the temporary registration was dated March 2nd. But it looks like the people at the CVRP didn't mind.

Here's my timeline:
Online preliminary application: 1/15
email notification that application was received: 1/15
email notification that money was reserved: 1/21
complete application sent by regular mail: 1/21
email notification that complete application was approved: 2/7
check printed dated: 2/21
check arrived: 3/2
check deposited: 3/3. no problems.

Today I got an email saying that "Over the past few days we have been notified by a small number of rebate recipients that have encountered difficulties in cashing their rebate checks." It went on basically to say that if you've had a problem, they'll make it right.

I got my check yesterday (4/3). I took delivery of the car on 2/17, and sent in paperwork on 2/19 and completed application a few days later. I received an email indicating approval on 3/1 and was told I would received my check within 60 days, but it only took around 30.

I got my check yesterday (4/3). I took delivery of the car on 2/17, and sent in paperwork on 2/19 and completed application a few days later. I received an email indicating approval on 3/1 and was told I would received my check within 60 days, but it only took around 30.
Congrats!
Mine should be here this month. That being said, this is probably one of the MOST important threads here on TMC from a financial stand point. I've sent out an e-mail to my Tesla-mates telling them to read it for the details, and giving them the link, and I've had more than a few who replied that they (like me at one point in the past), thought that the CA, like the IRS, came off the tax return. They were beyond ecstatic to get the info!

anyone apply for the rebate without actually taking delivery of their car? I've got all the necessary info, but dont take delivery till next week. Want to get it out of the way...

I submitted the online application the day the final MVPA was signed since I interpreted the day the contract was executed as the sale date and I knew I would be able to mail all the final documentation by the 14 day deadline. Here is my timeline:
final MVPA signed and online CVRP application submitted Feb 27th
picked up the car March 2nd
mailed paperwork to CVRP march 5th
got final approval email from CVRP March 11 (still waiting for the check)

I was a little worried because the paperwork from Tesla listed the sale date as the delivery date of March 2nd rather than the day the final MVPA was signed. But at least in my case the CVRP didn't seem to mind. Your mileage may vary.

If you look at the data in the first post of this thread, you can see the funds have gone from $8 million on 3/16 to $4 million today. So the current funds will probably run out 3-4 weeks from now. But they've always re-upped the funds in the past, so they will probably do it again.

Just got my check!

Here is my timeline:
final MVPA signed and online CVRP application submitted Feb 27th
picked up the car March 2nd
mailed paperwork to CVRP march 5th
got final approval email from CVRP March 11th.
Got check on April 12th.

Kudos to John Anderson

Just got my check!

Here is my timeline:
  1. online CVRP application submitted 2/20/13
  2. CVRP app approved 2/20
  3. mailed paperwork to CVRP 3/11
    1. ​Needed a variance as only get 14 days
  4. CVRP paperwork signed for (via FedEx) 3/12
  5. got final approval from CVRP 3/13
    1. ​I did NOT get an e-mail explaining that until I sent an e-mail of inquiry to them
    2. Told it would be 30-60 days
  6. Got check on April 4/15/13 dated 4/9/13

Kudos to
John Anderson ([email protected]) who's hand-holding e-mails came extremely rapidly & courteously! :love:
Not only better than any government agency I've ever dealt with, but better than ANY large private company I've ever dealt with!