Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No I just use this. It might be the same thing I suppose. Someone is just trying to make money lol. I cut all of them out of one sheet. It came with 6.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_i2BnFbM8BY0M9

That's pretty cool. I'm curious though, the 'Clean-Cling' states it can be used dozens of times. So what happens after you've put it on/off a few dozens of times? Does it not work anymore and now you have to get replacement HOV decals?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
It looks like there’s an outline on your bumper where you put the magnet? Is that just due to dust and dirt or did the magnet affect the paint?

The bumper is plastic, so the outline is magnet film under black vinyl.

I drive on the HOV lanes 5 days a week and take the decal off on weekends. If you use the HOV lane less frequently - then the cling-film is probably a better solution.

The ONLY location for my California HOV stickers are shown. I've been driving on HOV lanes for 2 years with only these sticker without getting stopped by police.
HOV StickerPlacement.jpg

I bought this one off of amazon. easy to cut with scissors after sticking the HOV sticker onto the magnet sheet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXIG11X

I saw your suggestion a few days ago and purchased a set. Thank you!! I was all set to get the cling cling but that costs as much as the stickers.

Troll factor went up exponentially whilst trying to carve the magnet for the sticker so its FAAARRRR from perfect but at 78 MPH you don't notice.. ;)

I got my stickers finally yesterday. I am just using this one at the moment. lets see how this goes.... :p

cav.jpg

I saw your suggestion a few days ago and purchased a set. Thank you!! I was all set to get the cling cling but that costs as much as the stickers.

Troll factor went up exponentially whilst trying to carve the magnet for the sticker so its FAAARRRR from perfect but at 78 MPH you don't notice.. ;)

I got my stickers finally yesterday. I am just using this one at the moment. lets see how this goes.... :p

View attachment 579071

Nice, glad it helped! Looks good, like you said, the only time it's on is when you're flying down the HOV lane so no one will notice the jagged cuts. :p

• Funny
^^^ That is similar to what I did. Do you have one on both sides?

(I wish mine had the dual-motor performance logo below!)

i just put it there for the moment. i have the other big fat one on a magnet but its in the glove box.

ironically, i didn't know the side of the rear panel was metal :rolleyes: as i saw in an another post earlier in this thread. i may put the small ones higher up in the metal parts..

I do wonder if the enforcement for stickered cars has gone down, they may figure the program is coming to an end soon so if you have a sticker that isn't white or yellow you are good to go until the program ends (is it this year?) and then you can't use them anymore and we'll treat them like everyone else at that point. Tired of answering "Did my sticker expire??"

I do see them pulling people outta the express/commute lane for single occupancy/no transponder, but not if they have ANY sticker on the car, they just let those people go by.

I do see them pulling people outta the express/commute lane for single occupancy/no transponder, but not if they have ANY sticker on the car, they just let those people go by.
I’m sure CHP has a way of knowing invalid single occupancy but I don’t think me, the average joe, has a way of knowing if all the single occupancy cars on the freeways actually have a transponder and are paying. So if CHP is doing that, I’m glad. I myself have a CAV transponder for my Teslas and paid for the stickers but I would never actually put those hideous stickers on my car. My reasoning is that my CAV transponder proves my car qualifies for the stickers and if pulled over I can show the officer the certificate and the actual stickers which I have in my glovebox. Now if the officer is having a bad day and decides to make an example out of me for not having the stickers placed on my car then it will be my unlucky day but I’m crossing my fingers that is not likely to happen.

Has anyone been pulled over and actually gotten a ticket for doing something like this?
I HIGHLY doubt anyone would get pulled over for not having the stickers placed in the perfect place. Especially since at one point the placement instructions that came with the stickers in the mail differed from the web site. This particular car has two on the back: this is more than many do.

I have 75K+ miles on my car with a good majority driving solo in the diamond lane. I have never put the stickers on: I don't want an ugly permanent* sticker on my car for a temporary permit. Knock on wood that I continue to not get pulled over for it (though I did see one CHP check his computer to make sure I did have the tags - he didn't pull me over thankfully).
*Yes, I know there are things you can do such as the die-cut vehicle wrap material. I even bought a set but never used them - I still didn't want that ugly sticker on my car.

Reactions: brianbcc