Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I signed the document immediately after receiving. Any my account shows the delivery appointment is today and has passed. Following by a text with delivery today and replyby 8pm to ensure priorty. They always find a way to entertain me...
This is turning out to be quite the roller coaster ride, isn't it? I just got a text saying the car hasn't left Fremont yet, so they are delaying delivery until tomorrow night @8pm. Now I'm worried...really do not want to take delivery at night, hopefully the place is well lit! (that is, unless it get's delayed again...) So much drama, just to pick up a car.

Curious to know what you plan to do if you don't get any resolution by day 7.

Doesn't this essentially prevent you from submitting a new order for the exact same trim if you return within the 7 day window?

I’m going to insist they restart the 7 day clock when (if I ever) take delivery. Right now I’m ready to call the whole thing quits. Buying a new car should be fun. You shouldn’t feel dread going to pickup a new car. :( Hoping this will all be sorted out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexcue
Picked up ours this afternoon at Serramonte (sfbay). Everyone onsite was efficient and friendly, and we were off the lot in 15 minutes.

Overall the car is in fantastic shape, though there are a few obvious blemishes that I think will be easily resolved. For example, there is some obvious glue residue on the sunroof and the driver's door is a bit tougher to shut than it should be.

Dumb things: the car is filthy. Piles of dust inside, plenty of dirt on the exterior (which made it difficult to inspect paint). Lots of smudges on everything in the interior. Nothing looks permanent but will spend time to validate that over the next few days. Not fully charged, but given the rush of the EOQ would have expected a credit for supercharging to compensate. Software was not current so we updated when we returned home.

Weird things: screen rebooted a few times as we sat in the lot after connecting a phone, but has not shown issues since.

Overall: ridiculously happy. We took a drive in the evening and this car is simply amazing. Looking forward to trying out more of what makes Tesla unique.

Reactions: heems
My current delivery situation... original order 9/7

9/27 4PM Text. Delivery tentatively scheduled for 9/29. Delivery to home or pickup from factory. Selected factory.

9/28 VIN assigned 59XXX, 8AM completed loan agreement/down payment.
Delivery Appointment shows 9/29 2AM (Yes AM) and shows my home address below it.

9/29 Got a text that I will be contacted by someone to schedule a delivery date. Meanwhile in my online it account it shows a 9/30 12AM appointment at the factory.

Around 1PM I was asked to re-e-sign loan docs

Around 430PM I got a text to go to the factory to pickup the car.

I accepted the car. No major issues. White AWD, 20's with hitch

Tesla need to work on the online delivery notification system backend after this quarter. I have never been so exhausted.

Fix this and you could push out a 1/4 more cars to the people who want them.

I went to bed Sunday(after being on the phone with them till 11pm) thinking the car would arrive at my house. Woke up monday website changed to random delivery schedule numbers are in weeks and then double checked with chat - confirmed delivery to my home. An hour later says my car has arrived. Go outside no car anywhere. Decided to accept delivery to see location. Car appears to be in Fremont. Think maybe they are driving it down now. Text and call no response. Then shortly later a text from Tesla your car is in stall 6 at Fremont and you have 24 hours to get it. Load my family in a car, make it to a place Uber will pick me up and then Uber from Monterey to Fremont. The entire time keep checking location data freaking out they may be coming south.

Pick up staff at Fremont was great and helpful. Bring a pen and you can leave the FedEx envelope with them and avoid a stop after picking up the car.

Reactions: Sixth
Here's my story. Ordered on 9/4, MSM, 20" wheels. Last text I got was estimate 9-13 days. I contacted my TA a week after to make sure everything is on track and he reassured I will for sure get the car by end of month. Up 'til last weekend he was still very positive and his end shows the car is on track for 9/29 out of factory. This morning I still have no VIN and I told him I have made plan based on the new car this weekend and worry I would not get a car for a while. I have also told him that I am okay with a different color so he started to search a different car. He found a DBM soon after but it was taken before he could. Few hours later I saw my account got updated with another DBM and VIN!!

Here's how it went.

5:22pm: New DBM in my account with a VIN.
6:50pm: Receive lease agreement for 9/29 delivery
6:53pm: A text for delivery today
7:06pm: 4 calls from delivery team but my phone silents the unknown callers
7:07pm: A new lease agreement for 9/30 delivery
7:34pm: Another phone call from delivery team to ask to deliver tonight, I accepted.
7:46pm: A new lease agreement for 9/29 delivery
8:51pm: Driver is almost ready
9:31pm: The car showed up at my drive way

The saga continues. I got a text at 11:55pm last night
Things aren't looking good for me. I talked to my advisor and it sounds like my car is behind schedule and still being built, so it won't make it to Dublin for pickup. Since I didn't want home delivery, he sounded pretty certain I won't get the car at all.

It's really hard to describe how awful this process has been. I ordered in February and asked for early August delivery, which didn't work out. Ok, fine. But in the last two weeks I've been:
  • Confirmed to pickup in Fremont
  • Forcibly reassigned to home delivery
  • Reassigned by request to pickup in Serramonte
  • Forcibly reassigned to pickup in Dublin
  • Forcibly reassigned to home delivery
  • Final request to pickup in Fremont, with apparently low likelihood of being honored
And if I don't agree to take home delivery, I don't get the car. I don't feel like it's unreasonable to see the car before I accept and pay for it.
The saga continues. I got a text at 11:55pm last night saying my car has been rescheduled for Fremont pickup and asking to reply to confirm I'd like to take delivery, which I did. So we'll see what happens today. Should be pandemonium at the factory today.

Reactions: Sixth
The saga continues. I got a text at 11:55pm last night

The saga continues. I got a text at 11:55pm last night saying my car has been rescheduled for Fremont pickup and asking to reply to confirm I'd like to take delivery, which I did. So we'll see what happens today. Should be pandemonium at the factory today.

We are supposed to pickup ours as well today at Buena Park. We are not signing the lending agreement till everything is ok.

Wasn't directed at me, but mine says 5-9 weeks, which is the same as it did when i ordered. But it also says "from order placed date" I ordered on 9/16.
I'm in the same boat as cabbqking - I don't see anywhere in my account an estimated delivery time frame, only this:

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

We are supposed to pickup ours as well today at Buena Park. We are not signing the lending agreement till everything is ok.

So, still no word on my car, no responses to email/texts, I'm in the 5th day of the 7-day return window and haven't even driven it, and I just got an email saying there was a technical difficulty with my loan signing and need to re-sign it right away.

How inclined do you think I am to resign that document right now? What a freakin' mess. Any suggestions? Do I just call and cancel /return the damn thing at this point? Sorry to vent.

My SA has been on radio silence for the last 2 days on any updates.
So, still no word on my car, no responses to email/texts, I'm in the 5th day of the 7-day return window and haven't even driven it, and I just got an email saying there was a technical difficulty with my loan signing and need to re-sign it right away.

How inclined do you think I am to resign that document right now? What a freakin' mess. Any suggestions? Do I just call and cancel /return the damn thing at this point? Sorry to vent.

I feel you've been pretty patient. Honestly, if I were in your shoes I would have rejected the vehicle after Tesla supposedly "fixed" all the issues. At least you can get back in line to get another vehicle/vin - correct?