Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text to re-e-sign my loan docs... After that I got a call that delivery will happen today early afternoon in Fremont... please wait for text to confirm a time...

I got a similar call today, something about a delivery... but the voice was so low, all I could make out was something about a delivery. I tried to return the call, but no dice. It came from the Milpitas area.

Turns out mine was hanging out at Serramonte but nobody had called to schedule delivery (!). I found out by calling back the number which called me to originally delay my delivery, which ended up being Tesla of Burlingame. They set me up for a delivery today. If you're also in the same camp (had a vin, delayed delivery, etc.) try to find a human at a showroom to help.

Strange. I logged in this morning and my delivery appointment that was scheduled for tomorrow 2pm disappeared. Reverted back to 5-9 week estimated delivery. Was bummed.

Just logged in and got a VIN and request to submit final payment for delivery. Quit playing games with my heart....

• Funny
Reactions: alexcue and jmatero
Happy update: Got my VIN (58,xxx) and paid today. Looks like I am all set for delivery tomorrow!

I paid Saturday and I'm waiting for my 3rd delivery. LOL.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.38.43 PM.png

Strange. I logged in this morning and my delivery appointment that was scheduled for tomorrow 2pm disappeared. Reverted back to 5-9 week estimated delivery. Was bummed.

Just logged in and got a VIN and request to submit final payment for delivery. Quit playing games with my heart....

So my situation is similar... I was texted to re-e-sign my loan agreements this morning 9/29 at that time my online account said 2AM delivery (which I read is a placeholder)... shortly after re-e-signing my docs I get a call saying the delivery will be early this afternoon at Fremont... well its 2:42PM and haven't heard back yet. Meanwhile in my Tesla account it says delivery is 5-7 weeks from time of order...

I just called and spoke to someone. Was told they're still trying to find a vehicle for me (?), but in the meantime I'm in the "front of the queue" for October. Meanwhile, they withdrew the money from my bank a week ago (because I had an appointment for delivery last Thursday that got cancelled) and I sold my Model 3. Getting a little frustrated.

Finally have my deliver set up for this afternoon. Had some issues with final payment on the website but someone was able to fix it. If you're trying to reach someone call Serramonte 650-488-2984 and select option 3 and 3 again, this is new sales, they picked up every time. If you select the new delivery option nobody picks up.

Things aren't looking good for me. I talked to my advisor and it sounds like my car is behind schedule and still being built, so it won't make it to Dublin for pickup. Since I didn't want home delivery, he sounded pretty certain I won't get the car at all.

It's really hard to describe how awful this process has been. I ordered in February and asked for early August delivery, which didn't work out. Ok, fine. But in the last two weeks I've been:
  • Confirmed to pickup in Fremont
  • Forcibly reassigned to home delivery
  • Reassigned by request to pickup in Serramonte
  • Forcibly reassigned to pickup in Dublin
  • Final request to pickup in Fremont, with apparently low likelihood of being honored
And if I don't agree to take home delivery, I don't get the car. I don't feel like it's unreasonable to see the car before I accept and pay for it.

Things aren't looking good for me. I talked to my advisor and it sounds like my car is behind schedule and still being built, so it won't make it to Dublin for pickup. Since I didn't want home delivery, he sounded pretty certain I won't get the car at all.

It's really hard to describe how awful this process has been. I ordered in February and asked for early August delivery, which didn't work out. Ok, fine. But in the last two weeks I've been:
  • Confirmed to pickup in Fremont
  • Reassigned by request to pickup in Serramonte
  • Forcibly reassigned to pickup in Dublin
  • Final request to pickup in Fremont, with apparently low likelihood of being honored
And if I don't agree to take home delivery, I don't get the car. I don't feel like it's unreasonable to see the car before I accept and pay for it.

It's an absolute madhouse right now at the factory in Fremont. Chaos. Assembly line full speed, cars going through quick prep, and an employee jumping behind the wheel to deliver it as soon as "pay your balance" is clicked. With only 32 hours left in the quarter, I wouldn't be shocked to see Elon himself in glasses and a fake mustache installing hundreds of floor mats.

I feel for all of you, honestly. It makes what is supposed to be an exciting experience, a total letdown... even if you get a perfect car. Heck, I paid Saturday, had the car sent back to the factory twice, and haven't heard a thing in over 24 hours. I've been anxious for FOUR DAYS. I watched my car in the app go from building to building today (no details on what work was performed) and now it's parked back at "the tent" according to my app but radio silence. And as they already have my money and I had to accept delivery in order to gain access to the car (to inspect it...) it counts toward a Q3 sale. I'm 4 days into the 7 day return window and don't even have a car. I'm giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt and hoping they provide me with an acceptable specimen. I'm just glad they're trying to make things right vs me having to make service appointments where I'll be told "it's in spec..."

You can always accept home delivery, but tell them that if there are any major issues with the car that aren't resolved by day 7, you intend to initiate a return. If you read through the other model forums, repair appointments are longer than 7 days out.

Just my 2 cents. Fingers crossed for you and everyone. I never thought living so close to the factory would actually make things MORE complicated.

Deliver was scheduled for tomorrow at 11:30am. Just got a call from the Buena Park SC that my car is still at the factory and that they hope it will be one it’s way tonight and moved my appointment to 9:00pm tomorrow. Said if not tomorrow then prob this weekend or next week.

It's an absolute madhouse right now at the factory in Fremont. Chaos. Assembly line full speed, cars going through quick prep, and an employee jumping behind the wheel to deliver it as soon as "pay your balance" is clicked. With only 32 hours left in the quarter, I wouldn't be shocked to see Elon himself in glasses and a fake mustache installing hundreds of floor mats.

I feel for all of you, honestly. It makes what is supposed to be an exciting experience, a total letdown... even if you get a perfect car. Heck, I paid Saturday, had the car sent back to the factory twice, and haven't heard a thing in over 24 hours. I've been anxious for FOUR DAYS. I watched my car in the app go from building to building today (no details on what work was performed) and now it's parked back at "the tent" according to my app but radio silence. And as they already have my money and I had to accept delivery in order to gain access to the car (to inspect it...) it counts toward a Q3 sale. I'm 4 days into the 7 day return window and don't even have a car. I'm giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt and hoping they provide me with an acceptable specimen. I'm just glad they're trying to make things right vs me having to make service appointments where I'll be told "it's in spec..."

You can always accept home delivery, but tell them that if there are any major issues with the car that aren't resolved by day 7, you intend to initiate a return. If you read through the other model forums, repair appointments are longer than 7 days out.

Just my 2 cents. Fingers crossed for you and everyone. I never thought living so close to the factory would actually make things MORE complicated.

Curious to know what you plan to do if you don't get any resolution by day 7.

Doesn't this essentially prevent you from submitting a new order for the exact same trim if you return within the 7 day window?

I kept on pressing my TA and told him that I am willing to go with DBM instead of MSM and now I have a VIN matched with DBM. I don't understand this process at all. It seems like some TAs are more aggressive in matching cars versus others?! What bothers me the most is there is a person in FL ordered a MSM on 9/17 and already matched with a 59xxx VIN.