Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, still no word on my car, no responses to email/texts, I'm in the 5th day of the 7-day return window and haven't even driven it, and I just got an email saying there was a technical difficulty with my loan signing and need to re-sign it right away.

How inclined do you think I am to resign that document right now? What a freakin' mess. Any suggestions? Do I just call and cancel /return the damn thing at this point? Sorry to vent.

Have them either start the 7 day clock again or walk away. This is ridiculous, you have been more than patient.

Reactions: Dayreg
9/9 - 2-3 weeks text
9/17 - 3-10 days text
9/22 - 4-8 days text

Still not seeing MVPA in account or option to get Tesla insurance quote.
If you have a VIN but won't let you get a quote the workaround is

Call - 1-844-34-TESLA

Then give them your VIN you can get a quote or get insurance for me I guesstimated my pick up date.

It will magically show up in your tesla acct that you couldn't click.

I was off by one day so I started a day early.

Side note they are closed Sundays - so you can only do online.

So, still no word on my car, no responses to email/texts, I'm in the 5th day of the 7-day return window and haven't even driven it, and I just got an email saying there was a technical difficulty with my loan signing and need to re-sign it right away.

How inclined do you think I am to resign that document right now? What a freakin' mess. Any suggestions? Do I just call and cancel /return the damn thing at this point? Sorry to vent.

Cmon man you ordered on the 25th and you actually got a car. We haven't received *sugar* and I ordered on the 12th. They actually just cancelled my appointment today ( we received a call literally 3 hours before our pickup) Although to be fair, the first pic you have in regards to the alignment on one of your older posts is unacceptable on Tesla's end. As for us, we are back to square one. 12 days from now we will have been waiting for 2 months.

I'm venting as well, best of luck on to you. and I hope you get it sorted out. On a side note, I have had better response by calling our local Tesla SC directly and choose "for new deliveries" to talk to your local TA. Our TA in Fremont has been less than stellar. The only time Fremont calls is when they want to cancel.

Got VIN two days back but waiting for delivery to be scheduled. I called Tesla Customer Care and they said the Fremont office is open until midnight tonight understandably so to meet their Q3 goals but folk who are still waiting, you may get a delivery text today.

I'm in the same boat as cabbqking - I don't see anywhere in my account an estimated delivery time frame, only this:

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

maybe they are skipping the OC
I'm in the same boat as cabbqking - I don't see anywhere in my account an estimated delivery time frame, only this:

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Y new order is showing 3 to 7 weeks this afternoon, instead of 4 to 8 weeks. But CM Center is telling me my car won't be in until Dec. Not sure I understand the logic at all.

Cmon man you ordered on the 25th and you actually got a car.

I have a feeling the only reason I got a car is because somebody else rejected it and I happen to live 15 miles from the factory and was willing to accept immediate delivery. How else would a new car coming directly from the factory have 56 miles on it when it got to my house? My M3 had 6 miles when I picked it up in Fremont in March.

Just got a call and paid for the MY. Looks like they aren't accepting physical checks at pickup and all payment is done online. Was told car is ready, detailed, and just needs to be driven up front for me to pickup. Tesla engineer who called me stated the vehicles coming out now are leaps and bounds better than vehicles made earlier (taking with a grain of salt until I see my actual car). Will report back once I bring the MY home

maybe they are skipping the OC

Y new order is showing 3 to 7 weeks this afternoon, instead of 4 to 8 weeks. But CM Center is telling me my car won't be in until Dec. Not sure I understand the logic at all.
I've been the squeaky wheel enough with my 'Customer Experience Manager' (who is at the delivery center) and he found a vehicle just like mine but WITH tow hitch (which I didn't order/need). Rather than wait until December (which seems like the next available timeframe for those of us who didn't make the September cutoff) I said 'go for it' and he's trying to get the vehicle to CM tonight. I have an appointment at 11 pm, have a VIN, down payment finished, lease agreed upon, etc. We'll see...

Just got a call and paid for the MY. Looks like they aren't accepting physical checks at pickup and all payment is done online. Was told car is ready, detailed, and just needs to be driven up front for me to pickup. Tesla engineer who called me stated the vehicles coming out now are leaps and bounds better than vehicles made earlier (taking with a grain of salt until I see my actual car). Will report back once I bring the MY home
I confirmed with 3 folks from Tesla Delivery today that I was just bringing a check to my pickup. All said it wouldn't be an issue. My car's not finished yet, though, so who knows.

That said, I did get 3 calls to pay my balance.

The only time Fremont calls is when they want to cancel.
They, apparently, also call when they want payment (see above). :D

• Funny
Reactions: Sixth and alexcue
I've been the squeaky wheel enough with my 'Customer Experience Manager' (who is at the delivery center) and he found a vehicle just like mine but WITH tow hitch (which I didn't order/need). Rather than wait until December (which seems like the next available timeframe for those of us who didn't make the September cutoff) I said 'go for it' and he's trying to get the vehicle to CM tonight. I have an appointment at 11 pm, have a VIN, down payment finished, lease agreed upon, etc. We'll see...

nice!!! congrats...I texted my sales guy this am and told him I would take a car with a different exterior color...he never replied me....just told me he can't talk as they are all doing delivery...

nice!!! congrats...I texted my sales guy this am and told him I would take a car with a different exterior color...he never replied me....just told me he can't talk as they are all doing delivery...
Ugh, sorry, man - I talked to my guy at 8:45 this am and he found the vehicle while browsing inventory of what was not yet assigned, it's a 49 VIN so it's not a reject. Keep on him if you can

I confirmed with 3 folks from Tesla Delivery today that I was just bringing a check to my pickup. All said it wouldn't be an issue. My car's not finished yet, though, so who knows.

That said, I did get 3 calls to pay my balance.

They, apparently, also call when they want payment (see above). :D

Haha can't trust anyone from tesla...stories are always changing I can't even keep track anymore