Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SCIronMike, I ordered on Oct 4 at the Costa Mesa showroom. I ordered a Blue MYP no FSD, tow package. I was told it is going into production on Dec 23. I am hoping that I can pick it up on Dec 26. I assume you ordered from Costa Mesa, so it sounds like that is a good possibility based on what the SA told you.

Reactions: SCIronMike
I just called that customer support 888 number ... it's kinda useless ... the operation refuse to look up info based on my order number, the only info he told was all north Cal including bay area will get delivery between 12/27 and 12/31. Notification will go out couple days prior to the 12/27. I also asked whether all the new order Tesla trying to push through will interrupt my order placed in early Nov, he said no.

I believe he must have been repeating this same info million times a day now.

Latest update, this is what i got from my rep. I have no vin yet, he originally mentioned tentatively on the 16th it would arrive....
"HI Patrick
Your account looks good. Most of the Model Y’s will be coming down this weekend.
Ill keep on eye on it. But no need to worry, you will get the car by end of DEC and 1 year of supercharging"
This is exactly what I
They are doing an at home drop off since we live close to the Fremont factory in the Bay Area.

Out of curiosity, for the contactless deliveries, at the time of delivery are they requiring everyone be present that's going to be on the registration?

Bay Area ordered on 11/7, modify to white interior on 11/21. LR white/white/19/ no tow/no FSD... Still nothing, no VIN, no feedback from SA. Called the general number and was told (for sure) everything looks on track to get delivery by year-end. The waiting game is not fun. Wondering if it is the white interior that holds my order back...

This is exactly what I

Out of curiosity, for the contactless deliveries, at the time of delivery are they requiring everyone be present that's going to be on the registration?

Nobody was home when they delivered the car. We got a text when the car was dropped off and instructions to inspect the outside of the vehicle prior to accepting delivery. Once we click accept, we will be granted access in the app to get inside of the vehicle.

Bay Area ordered on 11/7, modify to white interior on 11/21. LR white/white/19/ no tow/no FSD... Still nothing, no VIN, no feedback from SA. Called the general number and was told (for sure) everything looks on track to get delivery by year-end. The waiting game is not fun. Wondering if it is the white interior that holds my order back...
I hear you, I ordered 10/19. had to just extend my approval(pass 60 days) and still no VIN. This is part of the Tesla experience

Same here and same specs except I added FSD (though FSD is a software update that it wouldn't affect the delivery date apparently). I ordered 10/17 and still quiet.

As for the white interiors, I am told it is a slight factor since a lot of orders are for the black interior seats.

Same here and same specs except I added FSD (though FSD is a software update that it wouldn't affect the delivery date apparently). I ordered 10/17 and still quiet.

As for the white interiors, I am told it is a slight factor since a lot of orders are for the black interior seats.
Just spoke to my SA, he states that there may be a lot of VINS released this weekend, (holding my breath) fingers crossed.

Reactions: marines310
Here's a fun question for home delivery recipients...

I'm scheduled for home delivery and it says, "Delivery Appointment: Dec. 18, 2020 at 12:01 AM" in my account. Are they really showing up at zero dark thirty, or is that just a placeholder?

Background: Ordered 11/16, text 12/15, (LR AWD Silver/Black, no FSD or hitch; vin 0862XX) in Los Angeles.

• Funny
Reactions: DoctorBenjamin
Here's a fun question for home delivery recipients...

I'm scheduled for home delivery and it says, "Delivery Appointment: Dec. 18, 2020 at 12:01 AM" in my account. Are they really showing up at zero dark thirty, or is that just a placeholder?

Background: Ordered 11/16, text 12/15, (LR AWD Silver/Black, no FSD or hitch; vin 0862XX) in Los Angeles.

Update: Minutes after posting this question, Tesla called to say the vehicle will arrive tomorrow between 3:30 and midnight. They also gave the option to receive it tonight - so delivery is confirmed for later tonight.

Reactions: Mitchoacan
Just got a VIN assigned this morning! 970XX white/black/20/tow/autopilot. Ordered 12/1 Phoenix Area

I just got my VIN this morning in the Phoenix area, 91XXX. I ordered on 12/4 black/black/20/ no tow/Autopilot!

Really praying that ordering from So Cal was a good idea. I am in the Phoenix area and I could have ordered here too. I ordered on Nov 25th and am still waiting on a VIN. However I have been assured that I will get delivery before the end of the month. So I should get my vin any min now. LR MY/White/Black/19".

Reactions: Dhardie29