Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I Please Get Basic Cruise Control Enabled on my New Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you brought it in to service? And suggest stop calling it "basic cruise". You should have TACC if you have AP2.0 and purchased the EAP option.

I'll have it looked at, as soon as I can get an appointment... whenever they "choose" to schedule me...

Traffic Aware Cruise Control doesn't work.... The service center asked me to try turning everything off.. and then try to get the normal cruise to work...

They seemed to think it might...

Again, they aren't very helpful and sound pretty clueless themselves...

bro... buddy...... ?

take it easy ....
I have a similar problem. My 75D on AP2 with 2,000 miles was working great then today I lost TACC, Autosteer etc. We are packed and ready to leave on 2,000 mile road trip tomorrow. But without even some form of CC we are going to have to go without the Tesla. Called Tesla support number and tried resetting per instructions but no go. They are turning my data file over to service center. Says they will call me within 48 hours. 48 hours? Six figures for this? Just glad it did not happen a thousand miles from home. I was so impressed with the Ap1 test car I drove, but am out of patience with the many missing features. Should have bought the Panamera my wife wanted. Probably would take about a $40k hit but my wife is in favor of that, she hates the Tesla.

I'll have it looked at, as soon as I can get an appointment... whenever they "choose" to schedule me...

Traffic Aware Cruise Control doesn't work.... The service center asked me to try turning everything off.. and then try to get the normal cruise to work...

They seemed to think it might...

Again, they aren't very helpful and sound pretty clueless themselves...

Sorry about #66. I haven't posted here in a long time.
My Model S 90D with about 3k miles "lost" TACC and EAP today also. I have contacted service. After the update on Mar 30/31, I successfully drove the car using EAP at about 75mph on the interstate for about 40 miles. This morning I was surprised not to have the cruise icon on the dashboard. This afternoon after 60 miles, I became concerned. I was not on freeways but that has never mattered with TACC. My situation and the OP may be different but the result is the same. I think SocalMS is correct about the car and I'm sure Tesla will address it.
This is my second S and I loved AP1 and TACC on that car. When that car arrived, it had AP hardware but not software; just like my 90D except the EAP and TACC functions are coming faster. I am spoilt by having AP1 but I am also confident that EAP, after a balancing step backward will soon make a leap forward.

Holy OP read this bro, IF YOU have AP2 car and bought the EAP then you have TACC. There is no STANDARD CRUISE CONTROL unless you didn't buy EAP. Everyone else's TACC but yours hard to believe buddy.
Scroll through the thread, he posted a screenshot of his IC with TACC not working.

OP might not have the terminology correct, no need to be condescending to him, but he does have a problem with his car.

I have a similar problem. My 75D on AP2 with 2,000 miles was working great then today I lost TACC, Autosteer etc. We are packed and ready to leave on 2,000 mile road trip tomorrow. But without even some form of CC we are going to have to go without the Tesla.

I would like to update my experience. I now have all the functions back. Turns out I had mentioned reading about the Easter egg touch screen drawing to my wife. She tried it and when selecting herself as driver she must have selected instead Valet. That turned off all my AP 2 features. When I got in the car this morning I was unable to select my profile from Valet setting. Called Tesla and turns out I had never set up Valet so I simply had to sign in and set up password, then select my profile and that turned all the AP2 functions back on. Much chagrined that I did not see that yesterday. Guess we will keep the Resla a while longer now!

I would like to update my experience. I now have all the functions back. Turns out I had mentioned reading about the Easter egg touch screen drawing to my wife. She tried it and when selecting herself as driver she must have selected instead Valet. That turned off all my AP 2 features. When I got in the car this morning I was unable to select my profile from Valet setting. Called Tesla and turns out I had never set up Valet so I simply had to sign in and set up password, then select my profile and that turned all the AP2 functions back on. Much chagrined that I did not see that yesterday. Guess we will keep the Resla a while longer now!
Whatever it was, glad it was an easy solution. I guess others that experience similar to should check their valet settings too.

I had the problem this morning that I could not get autosteer to work on the freeway, it said it was limited to 35mph or lower. This was puzzling to me as I had just used it to drive from L.A. at 80mph the whole way.

Then I discovered something interesting, my GPS wasn't working! The car thought I was still parked in my driveway, and my driveway is not rated for autosteer over 35mph :)

A hard reset, soft reset, and about 30 minutes of time, and it appears my GPS is back (according to my Tesla mobile app). I expect autosteer to work fine now.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

I've emailed Tesla in Fremont, emailed my local service manager..

Got a reply back from Fremont saying they'll forward the request to a local SC. (that's what they usually do.. just forward stuff) (Two requests, two replys saying they'll foward the request)

Haven't heard back yet from an actual SC .. It's almost a week.

Scroll through the thread, he posted a screenshot of his IC with TACC not working.

OP might not have the terminology correct, no need to be condescending to him, but he does have a problem with his car.

I get that message if I try to activate autosteer either too quickly or do it while lane markers aren't clear enough to offer autosteer. It won't do tacc either if you rapidly pull the activation lever.

Just wanted to update, SC replaced the camera and now it's working. ~30 miles and a day for the camera to calibrate.

Symptoms:
  • Speed limit graphic showed when initial startup, but goes away after ~10 sec.
Work done:
  • Firmware update (they did this a lot)
  • Replace Autopilot ECU. I don't think they needed to - they just had the parts on hand? I say this because the car was still the same after.
  • Replace camera. Tesla's wait time on parts for service is legendary here.