Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rejected deal seen on the news last night. I think one sticking point is wanting a shorter term to the deal (3 vs 4yrs?). Not sure what the other sticking points might be.

19.2% Compounded Wage increase (from $48.23 to $57.51/hr)
Average $3000 signing bonus (FT staff)
18.5% increase to retirement payout
Benefits for casual workers

If this strike goes on much longer I bet Elon will flip the switch and resume Fremont deliveries for LR and P. All the logistics are well established with 10 years of history. Should be simple. Won’t help the RWD orders though.
I really can't see this happening. What about the 1000+ cars on the boat heading for Vancouver? I don't think they'd just cancel all of those cars and start sending them from Fremont. Then they'll have a surplus of cars in inventory that they may or may not sell.

It sucks right now because it seems like us Canadians are getting ripped off. Lower range, no HW4, and now the strike delaying all of our deliveries. We'll just have to wait it out and hope that the strike ends soon so our cars come.

If this strike goes on much longer I bet Elon will flip the switch and resume Fremont deliveries for LR and P. All the logistics are well established with 10 years of history. Should be simple. Won’t help the RWD orders though.
Probably won't, although one can hope. They already made and "sold" all the MYLR/MYP that are sitting in the port and off the coast. If they replaced them with US built ones theyd have thousands of unsold that can only be sold in Canada (because tax credit ineligibility in USA for China made).

I think the only way they'd do this is if pre-orders outpace what China can produce by a very large margin. For now they continue to produce in spite of the shipping block up.

Reactions: Larrylotus
Probably won't, although one can hope. They already made and "sold" all the MYLR/MYP that are sitting in the port and off the coast. If they replaced them with US built ones theyd have thousands of unsold that can only be sold in Canada (because tax credit ineligibility in USA for China made).

I think the only way they'd do this is if pre-orders outpace what China can produce by a very large margin. For now they continue to produce in spite of the shipping block up.
Yes exactly this. They don't want to stick themselves with a bunch of cars that have such a limited market. I'm sure that they'd be able to sell them, but why would they take the risk.

I just hope this union isn't planning on dragging their feet for another 2 weeks to reach a deal. It seems like they were close to one, so here's hoping.

Yes exactly this. They don't want to stick themselves with a bunch of cars that have such a limited market. I'm sure that they'd be able to sell them, but why would they take the risk.

I just hope this union isn't planning on dragging their feet for another 2 weeks to reach a deal. It seems like they were close to one, so here's hoping.
Deal is not happening, I'd expect a recall of parliament and back to work legislation if it mean it.

Screenshot_20230719-083153.png

Reactions: CaptStealthy