Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked using the Chrome Extension method and a VIN shows up: 5YJYGDEE7MF303xxx. So they are still assigning 2021 VIN at least for deliveries to Toronto in the next few weeks (EDD is Nov 11 - 17). I guess it must have been manufactured last week (pre-Nov 1) but takes longer to transport to us? Oh well. Was hoping for a 2022 but my EDD has already moved a few times and I sold my VW a few weeks ago. Won’t be able to keep driving the Boxster once we get frost in the morning with summer tires so don’t want to refuse delivery and end up waiting another month to be reassigned a 2022 🤔
I received my delivery text yesterday. I have delivery set up for Nov 16th in Oakville, but still don’t officially have a VIN, I just know it via the source code. I assume the VIN will show up on my account this week so I can set up insurance and make final payment. Ordered on July 25th, I have never talked or heard from a SA. Even this delivery text was a generic text from Tesla, not from an SA.

I received my delivery text yesterday. I have delivery set up for Nov 16th in Oakville, but still don’t officially have a VIN, I just know it via the source code. I assume the VIN will show up on my account this week so I can set up insurance and make final payment. Ordered on July 25th, I have never talked or heard from a SA. Even this delivery text was a generic text from Tesla, not from an SA.
I’m picking up in Kitchener on 13th and VIN started to show in account a day or two ago. I arranged the insurance from the vin in the source code and it’s the same as the one now showing in the account.
Got an email from my SA today (though I had to send one to him to get a response) saying what to take in and who to make bank draft made out too.

I’m picking up in Kitchener on 13th and VIN started to show in account a day or two ago. I arranged the insurance from the vin in the source code and it’s the same as the one now showing in the account.
Got an email from my SA today (though I had to send one to him to get a response) saying what to take in and who to make bank draft made out too.
Thanks for the confirmation. I assume the VIN won’t change from the source code, but I can also wait till next Friday to set up the insurance for the Tuesday pickup. Does anyone have an email or cell for an Oakville SA?

Hey guys, congratulations to some who have recently taken deliveries of their new MY (2021?) and those receiving new VINs. New development on my end just now. My account's Dashboard shows for the first time I will be getting a 2022 MY. However still no VIN and EDD window is still the same at Nov 16-30. Great news about the '22 model year as it would be a bummer to get a '21 this late in the year. I'm expecting a VIN within the next few days. Hoping you guys will be getting some good news as well. Cheers from Toronto.

Reactions: 4the6
Congratulations to all who have an EDD in Nov or Dec!

We ordered White+White MYLR at the end of August, EDD is now in June :(

It's hard to believe.
Something is not right with your EDD which surely should move up to at least Dec/Jan. Your OD was only a couple of weeks behind mine. Good luck bro. On a side note, your white on white will look awesome. I ordered Blue/Blk but wish I got the white interior.

Reactions: TheNorthMan
I also got the vision agreement and my Tesla is now showing as 2022 model Y. I can see my vin in the source code but my EDD is still 18-29 Nov. No communication from the SA. I am in Oakville, ON. How long does it take from the VIN assignment to actual delivery?

Reactions: 4the6
I also got the vision agreement and my Tesla is now showing as 2022 model Y. I can see my vin in the source code but my EDD is still 18-29 Nov. No communication from the SA. I am in Oakville, ON. How long does it take from the VIN assignment to actual delivery?
My VIN showed up in source code on Oct 28th and I'm picking up on Nov 13th. I could have got it earlier but 13th was the first date that really worked for me without any messing around.

Its a 2021 VIN but that doesn't bother me in the slightest that its not a '22

Congratulations to all who have an EDD in Nov or Dec!

We ordered White+White MYLR at the end of August, EDD is now in June :(

It's hard to believe.
Mine went to June for 2-3 days right when it hit my one month range EDD then it came back to Nov 18-29 and today its Nov 19-23 and I got my VIN. I believe yours will also follow the same pattern. My OD is 14th Aug.

Reactions: EDDYSTONE
My VIN showed up in source code on Oct 28th and I'm picking up on Nov 13th. I could have got it earlier but 13th was the first date that really worked for me without any messing around.

Its a 2021 VIN but that doesn't bother me in the slightest that its not a '22
Glad you didn't care about '21 or '22 MY. I think this is why you are getting yours so quickly. My OD is Aug 10 and a few weeks ago I asked my SA if I can get a '22 VIN and it worked. My EDD is Nov 21-25.

Glad you didn't care about '21 or '22 MY. I think this is why you are getting yours so quickly. My OD is Aug 10 and a few weeks ago I asked my SA if I can get a '22 VIN and it worked. My EDD is Nov 21-25.
wow, all your SA's seems knowledgeable and helpful. i asked mine for a 2022 vin, she told me she can put the request in, but i'd have to go to the back of the line meaning its like putting in a new order. smh.

My EDD window is coming up and I had a question for you guys:

How does it work with a custom plate? I made sure to select the option that I do *not* need a plate from Tesla. How do I arrange getting them my custom plates and having them handle everything?

For past cars, I'd drop my custom plates at the dealership and everything would be registered and ready to go on delivery day. I'm having trouble figuring out how this works with Tesla.

Thanks.

My EDD window is coming up and I had a question for you guys:

How does it work with a custom plate? I made sure to select the option that I do *not* need a plate from Tesla. How do I arrange getting them my custom plates and having them handle everything?

For past cars, I'd drop my custom plates at the dealership and everything would be registered and ready to go on delivery day. I'm having trouble figuring out how this works with Tesla.

Thanks.
Please note online orders and personalized Green Vehicle licence plates are not available.

To learn more contact ServiceOntario at 1-800-387-3445or 416-235-2999.