Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row and plan for this purchase well in advance. I realize i posted in the MY thread but my question still pertains for a canadian purchase. I do hope everything goes smoothly, if something cant be corrected then i am kind of suck on accepting the car or paying for a flight back and making it a round trip for 3 people which would suck.

My wife and son probably wouldn't mind doing a road trip back to Toronto to fix the car and make a vacation out of it in th future though . lol .. It is a 19hr drive though :oops:
does that include charging time? lol. congrats again!

My car is coming from Fremont, idk if Austin Vins have been given out yet
I believe Austin's vehicles are still undergoing final certification so they cant ship any of their cars yet.

Anyone know which factory the Canadian model Ys come from? Austin is on 4680 cells in Q1
I had read somewhere that it's based on the region. East coast will get Austin and West Coast gets Fremont. I hope it's true. Would be awesome if I get the 4680. EDD is suppose to be mid Q2.

How do pickup dates work, are they defined or is there some leeway to when you can pickup the car when the time comes?
The reason i ask is i placed my order for M3LR on Jan 17 2020
I have a EDD April 3-May 1

Its a long ways away but i'm in Northern Ontario and will need to fly to Toronto to pickup the car and drive it back - Just curious how much time they give you to pickup the car as i will need to plan a mini vacation once i get a date/book a flight, etc
I came to the dealership. My SA said the vehicle is now in CA and will arrive between Feb 3rd and 7th. For now, he booked me in for the 4th as a tentative date and will text me once he sees any movement of the vehicle.

Question for you canucks. When you filled out your profile did you upload your proof of insurance? I didn’t as my insurance is not in place for this new car. I won’t change it until I get a delivery date. Curious if I screwed it up or not.
First you need a VIN before you can get insurance. No you didn’t screw up, once you get your VIN you will be able to schedule your pick up with your Tesla SA, from there you will need your insurance to be downloaded to Tesla with proof when you take deliver. Hope this helps.

MYLR 7S
Ordered Aug 27,2021
EDD Feb 22
EDD Dec 16 - 31
EDD Jun 2022
EDD Jan 24 Feb 23
EDD Jan 27 Feb 16
Now Feb 9 to Mar 8
Loosing patiences 😡
Hello Toronto!
OK, here is the update,
Jan 27th Called Tesla 10:15 AM & they told me it is delayed....Nothing they can do...:rolleyes:
Jan 27th Woke up after Nap 1:30 PM & got msg for Vision Acceptance & balance payment 😕
Now called & booked appointment to pickup @ Feb 02 VIN end with F366***

I have a MYP (Red with hitch) with an estimated date of Feb 5 to Mar 5. I had all but given up hope of the possibility of getting the 4680. Now, I'm not so sure...

After the recent updates, and a lot of rumors that they may strategize to use 4680's for MYPs first (to avoid creating two different MYLR from Fremont or Austin). Also, being in the GTA, I wonder which provinces will be supplied by which factories. While it was announced that Fremont will supply the West in the US and Austin will supply the east, we cannot just assume that it will be the case for Canada too. Perhaps BC and Prairies supplied by Fremont and Central/Atlantic by Austin?

Really, no one knows and everyone's opinion will be narrated by their own unique bias. I know that my perspective is DEFINATELY heavily skewed.

Just got the Vision Agreement and now asking to pay off balance prior to delivery. Going to wire. Still no VIN. **update I see VIN in the MPVA 36839* ** wonder if this is ryzen it does appear newer 364s in the MYP wait thread. Dates updated to Feb 8-Feb 12 woo

Can I reject when getting the delivery if it’s not ryzen? Lol that’s like the most important to me with kids in the car, YouTube loads super slow and I know it’s suppose to be double or more as fast to load.
Man, still no VIN for my MYLR (still Feb 8-22). I should've gotten the MYP like you said! Getting so impatient