Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my Model Y LR up yesterday from Oakville.

Build date was 1/22 and it came with the AMD processor and 12v battery.

Have not found any defects yet.
Congratulations...I got my vision agreement yesterday but I'm traveling in the 2nd week of Feb...approx how much time after you got your vision agreement did you take delivery. I'm also taking delivery in Oakville....

Reactions: Rennei and KateEdm
Hi!
Waiting has been interesting with all the EDD changes. Which has kept me entertained lol.

Model Y LR| Ext White | Int Black | Seats 7 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No
Pick up Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

OD : Oct 25/2021
Original EDD: May 2022

EDD updates:
Nov 14/2021: June 2022
Dec 8/2021: Mar 4-April 1
Jan 11/2022: June 2022
Jan 14/2022: Mar 11-Mar 31
Jan 22/2022: Mar 25-31
Jan 29/2022: April 8 - May 6

What has been everyones experience with financing with Tesla? How long does it take to be approved etc?
I bet someone can chime in with more experience, but what I have seen online are that most wait till they get their VIN. I have had 8 delivery dates since ordering October. Which have ranged from March to June.
But that is my plan, to wait till my VIN is assigned and I will call then to change my payment from cash to loan.

Hello, Im new here. Question - my MYLR White, black int, 20'- ordered in Sept at Yorkdale, delivery location is Oakville. I've had a similar experience original EDD was march, moved up to Jan 25- Feb 22 for the longest time, randomly moved to June - i called my rep furious and he updated it to Feb 10 - March 10. Two days ago it changed to Feb 13-27. I wanted to apply for financing and i'm not sure when i should do my application. I don't trust the EDD and would prefer to do one check against my credit. The approved rate only lasts for 30 days.
What has been everyones experience with financing with Tesla? How long does it take to be approved etc?
Even though I might have vehicle on Friday, I didn’t apply for financing yet. I want to know that the vehicle has arrived to the dealership prior to application.
Not sure how long the inspection will take.
So far, I have arranged the sale of my current vehicle and got an insurance quote.
Might give up at any point and apply for financing earlier 🤣.

First post… hello.

I ordered my MY in October:

MY LR/white/ white interior/19”/tow hitch
Will pay in cash..no financing
OD Oct 5 2021 for Vancouver, BC

I’ve now had nine changes to my estimated delivery date, including dates as far out as June and as early as last December. I’ve not yet or ever been assigned a VIN.

Twice I have had a seemingly imminent delivery window— where the early date in the window comes and goes and then the estimate resets by a day or two later before resetting again to months in the future. This happened just this past week where over 3 days I had a date of January 27 and then 28 and then 29 until this morning when the new date range says late March.

A few questions from the newbie…

1. I don’t have a SA but a lot of people mention having dialogue with one. Should I have been contacted and can I seek out a SA at the stage to get clarification or updates on order status etc.? Given my job in essential service health care and timing, I am also anxious about getting a very short pick up window when they actually have a car for me so I would really like a SA to dialogue with.

2. My original order was with no trade-in but I would now like to consider a trade-in and to get a possible proposed value for the trade-in vehicle. Is it possible to change the order to include a trade-in without losing my place in line or my original quoted price?

3. With the price increases since ordering, will my original contract price hold when I eventually get my car.. even if delivery ends up being 9 or 10 months later and with possibly several price increases?

4. I know a lot of these questions have been addressed in the forums and I’ve read a ton but I’m wondering about any Canada-specific answers. Anything else I should know about this unbelievably exasperating wait situation?

Thanks for helping the newbie!

Hi!
Waiting has been interesting with all the EDD changes. Which has kept me entertained lol.

Model Y LR| Ext White | Int Black | Seats 7 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No
Pick up Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

OD : Oct 25/2021
Original EDD: May 2022

EDD updates:
Nov 14/2021: June 2022
Dec 8/2021: Mar 4-April 1
Jan 11/2022: June 2022
Jan 14/2022: Mar 11-Mar 31
Jan 22/2022: Mar 25-31
Jan 29/2022: April 8 - May 6
Impressed that you’re entertained. I’m closer to exasperated (!) at a similar stage in the waiting game…

Hello, Im new here. Question - my MYLR White, black int, 20'- ordered in Sept at Yorkdale, delivery location is Oakville. I've had a similar experience original EDD was march, moved up to Jan 25- Feb 22 for the longest time, randomly moved to June - i called my rep furious and he updated it to Feb 10 - March 10. Two days ago it changed to Feb 13-27. I wanted to apply for financing and i'm not sure when i should do my application. I don't trust the EDD and would prefer to do one check against my credit. The approved rate only lasts for 30 days.
I’ve done it twice already and you get approved instantly, or within the hour if I remember correctly. I would wait till you actually get a VIN number on your account to apply for financing.

Impressed that you’re entertained. I’m closer to exasperated (!) at a similar stage in the waiting game…
I am sure I will be there soon! I think because winter still has a firm grip here I am not too anxious to get the new car. I want some time to enjoy and get the learning curve of a being a new EV owner in warmer weather.

Reactions: Dimundz and KateEdm
First post… hello.

I ordered my MY in October:

MY LR/white/ white interior/19”/tow hitch
Will pay in cash..no financing
OD Oct 5 2021 for Vancouver, BC

I’ve now had nine changes to my estimated delivery date, including dates as far out as June and as early as last December. I’ve not yet or ever been assigned a VIN.

Twice I have had a seemingly imminent delivery window— where the early date in the window comes and goes and then the estimate resets by a day or two later before resetting again to months in the future. This happened just this past week where over 3 days I had a date of January 27 and then 28 and then 29 until this morning when the new date range says late March.

A few questions from the newbie…

1. I don’t have a SA but a lot of people mention having dialogue with one. Should I have been contacted and can I seek out a SA at the stage to get clarification or updates on order status etc.? Given my job in essential service health care and timing, I am also anxious about getting a very short pick up window when they actually have a car for me so I would really like a SA to dialogue with.

2. My original order was with no trade-in but I would now like to consider a trade-in and to get a possible proposed value for the trade-in vehicle. Is it possible to change the order to include a trade-in without losing my place in line or my original quoted price?

3. With the price increases since ordering, will my original contract price hold when I eventually get my car.. even if delivery ends up being 9 or 10 months later and with possibly several price increases?

4. I know a lot of these questions have been addressed in the forums and I’ve read a ton but I’m wondering about any Canada-specific answers. Anything else I should know about this unbelievably exasperating wait situation?

Thanks for helping the newbie!
Hello :). I have been waiting since end of August. My EDD has been jumping in the same way as for everyone. I maintained 100% positive mindset and if everything goes well will be picking up the vehicle on the 4th.

1. I got my SA prior to putting in order as I wanted to test drive the vehicle and stopped by the dealership for that. Didn’t bug him at all until he contacted me recently with details. I knew that there is going to be a waiting time and didn’t find it reasonable to poke him all the time. Sorry, not much help here. Maybe stop by the dealership if it is close by ;).

2. I was not going to do trade-in either but changed my mind and asked my SA to change settings. He did a few days ago. This didn’t impact my delivery date at all. Someone recommended clutch.ca before and I am very thankful - they gave me a much better deal than Tesla.

3. You will have to pay the original price (at the time of order).

Hello :). I have been waiting since end of August. My EDD has been jumping in the same way as for everyone. I maintained 100% positive mindset and if everything goes well will be picking up the vehicle on the 4th.

1. I got my SA prior to putting in order as I wanted to test drive the vehicle and stopped by the dealership for that. Didn’t bug him at all until he contacted me recently with details. I knew that there is going to be a waiting time and didn’t find it reasonable to poke him all the time. Sorry, not much help here. Maybe stop by the dealership if it is close by ;).

2. I was not going to do trade-in either but changed my mind and asked my SA to change settings. He did a few days ago. This didn’t impact my delivery date at all. Someone recommended clutch.ca before and I am very thankful - they gave me a much better deal than Tesla.

Thanks. How did you get your SA when you wanted to test drive? I’ve had no contact and don’t know how to reach an SA.