Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got VIN'd from source code, F506 and EDD is Aug 7 - 11! Also App tells "Model Y set your phone as a key". As my current financing expires Aug 10, so texted SA and they set the tentative schedule Aug 8!
Screenshot_20220725-091119_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
This morning my EDD got bumped from Aug 7-21, to April-Oct 2023.
I hope it's a reset before they assign the VIN 🤞
I have read similar stories on TMC
Just got an email saying car ready for delivery!!!! :mindblown:

25-30 July delivery, need to finalize the payment right away.

I wasn't prepared for such a short notice. Prob going to ask for 1 more week if possible. I hope I didn't get matched with a rejected car.

Will keep you guys posted. 🤞

Hi all, just wondering is there is a process to sell / transfer a Tesla reservation spot? What does Tesla allow or not allow?

If I have to buy it, pay taxes on it and sell it, does Tesla require a minimum "holding period" - i.e. some kind of anti-flipping policy?

This is for Canada, of course. I saw on this forum some people were selling Model X reservation on the US side, but wonder if things are different in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

I wasn't prepared for such a short notice. Prob going to ask for 1 more week if possible. I hope I didn't get matched with a rejected car.

Typically they wont let you to have another week since this is likely a car didn’t get delivered by previous reservation. You might only have one week to decide before it get passed onto next one in line. Let me know if my guess is correct lol. Good luck !!

Reactions: wolfgang007

I'm picking mine up July 30th ...

Got the call that mine is ready for pick up on the 30th. I pushed by a day to 31st.

If anyone is picking up on Sunday in Toronto, would be nice to say hi. Maybe help each other with “inspection”.

Responding to a few questions above.

1. Confirmed mine is Fremont
2. Mine will take ~ 1.5 weeks in transit (not arrived yet)
3. Financing was easier for me because I’m selling a MYSR and surprisingly it’s appreciated in value.
I can see this being frustrating for others though. Very short notice and the credit app expired after numerous delivery extensions.

If anyone wants an MYSR around Toronto, please PM.

Ok, just received a call from Vaughan store advisor to pickup the car on Thursday or Saturday. We have weekends plans, so Thursday it is.
Could not even push to next week, as he said it'll go to next customer and I may have to wait for few more weeks.
I have had enough of waiting!!

Note: I got the best insurance quote with The Personal, you need to be a member of OSPE or IEEE.
I handled for home+auto
198$ for MY and 100$ for home.
Total is cheaper than my current one with Belair.
Savings pay for the membership costs

Ok, just received a call from Vaughan store advisor to pickup the car on Thursday or Saturday. We have weekends plans, so Thursday it is.
Could not even push to next week, as he said it'll go to next customer and I may have to wait for few more weeks.
I have had enough of waiting!!

Note: I got the best insurance quote with The Personal, you need to be a member of OSPE or IEEE.
I handled for home+auto
198$ for MY and 100$ for home.
Total is cheaper than my current one with Belair.
Savings pay for the membership costs
I was at the Vaughan store around 5pm today, a truck was unloading new Teslas. I saw a white Model Y and checked the VIN which matches mine 😀. Going to pickup this Saturday morning.