Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I decline the VIN when it shows up, will it bring me back to the last spot of the queue? (which I would prefer, as I am not in a hurry to get this now)
Most reports I've read is that people get a new VIN within 1-4 weeks after declining one. So declining may not help much. People report Tesla allowing you to place order on hold for 30 days. Other reports say you can delay to whenever your original EDD was when ordering (but I think yours would have been September from the start?).

So to confirm; does the upgrade to EAP/ FSD cost increase to current cost once you take delivery? Meaning if I don’t add FSD now at $10.6k (based on my OD) will it change to $19k+ once I take delivery?
Yes I believe so. I can add FSD to my ordered Model Y (ordered July 1 EDD December 2022) for $12,800. My M3LR that was ordered July 4 and delivered on Aug 20 now costs $19,500 to add.

My delivery window has shrunk and I found a VIN in source code. Got the text to say my car is en route from the factory. I am tempted to make an excuse to defer but if my financing expires the rate will surely be higher, by upwards of 0.75% I'm assuming?

5.8%, and the traffic has been so bad in my Toronto neighbourhood that I don't care to drive anywhere right now.
I see; yes, it may go up depending on when the 5.8% was provided. We get such bad rates in Canada compared to the US, I politely declined at 5.8%.

It's a bit of a risk to decline, you never know what/when you will get the next one. I was supposed to pick up tomorrow but it was damaged, so who knows how long it will take to fix. It would be too bad if that happened to you when you needed it.

For me I would rather have a car in my driveway and not need it then the other way around. Obviously your situation may be different.

Good luck.

So to confirm; does the upgrade to EAP/ FSD cost increase to current cost once you take delivery? Meaning if I don’t add FSD now at $10.6k (based on my OD) will it change to $19k+ once I take delivery?
I ordered mine just before getting the delivery and still got it for the original price of 10.6K - My SA said as long as you add FSD before the delivery date, it gets added at the original price of FSD at the time of order.

Is it weird that I have had a VIN since Sept 1, received a coupon code for a free mobile charger Sept 2, but haven’t been asked to schedule a delivery day?

According to the Tesla employee I chatted with on Sept 6 is that the car had already departed the factory. It is expected to be at the service centre in Saskatoon by Sept 12.
Most I have seen on here and Reddit book their delivery appointment prior to it arriving at the service centre.
Any book it after the car arrived at their service centre?

Is it weird that I have had a VIN since Sept 1, received a coupon code for a free mobile charger Sept 2, but haven’t been asked to schedule a delivery day?

According to the Tesla employee I chatted with on Sept 6 is that the car had already departed the factory. It is expected to be at the service centre in Saskatoon by Sept 12.
Most I have seen on here and Reddit book their delivery appointment prior to it arriving at the service centre.
Any book it after the car arrived at their service centre?
Kind of weird, but this is Tesla lol

The first way I was notified was through an email that gave me several dates/times to choose from. This was probably 2 days after getting my VIN.

My SA called the next day and made a date change (and then another when it arrived damaged). I thought you would have gotten an email by now to schedule a day....

Kind of weird, but this is Tesla lol

The first way I was notified was through an email that gave me several dates/times to choose from. This was probably 2 days after getting my VIN.

My SA called the next day and made a date change (and then another when it arrived damaged). I thought you would have gotten an email by now to schedule a day....
lol yah Tesla does what Tesla wants 🤣😂

Thanks for the sharing your experience! Any news on the repair?

Other then my request via text to open back up my financing and me reaching out to Tesla to ask for an update there hasn’t really been any contact.

I was hoping to hear from my service centre today. But no dice…
They are closed Sundays and Mondays so if they are going to contact me it won’t happen now till Tuesday.

Picked up yesterday ; walked in, showed DL, they printed the paperwork and added Car to my App. Signed final agreement, handed them bank draft, online acceptance of delivery and then shown where the car was parked in the back lot.
On inspection the first thing noticed was a few scratches on the driver door , they tried to buff out but it couldn't be entirely removed so they didn't risk buffing it more - SA to make note to service centre for app't.
PPF on the sides present, but missing Mud Flaps - said they would mail it to me as they were out of stock. No mobile connector - mine won't arrive until a few days. Car @ 80% charge @ delivery. No cargo cover or rear plate holder, but yes to Matrix lights and door wood trim.
Car was a little dirty on the inside, mud on pedals, mud hand prints on seats which were cleaned right away.
Didn't notice any panel gaps or another other significant deficiencies.
SA spent a bit of time running through all the features of the cars operation, software (FSD) etc.
Overall a smooth process. a pity about the scratch on the door...