Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I would be receiving between aug 29-sep12 and looking for ppf. If you don’t mind could you please share the price and which package you have taken. Thanks
I’m not near Scarborough, but I am getting PPF done here in Hamilton. Full front including hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors, headlights, and a pillars. Also a ceramic coating. This is $2k total. It’s this place:
Ceramic Coating & PPF Solutions : Wrap Division & Customs
(647) 671-5607

FYI. This is the first MYLR that I've seen "Ready for Delivery" in Montreal since I started watching the daily inventory changes about 10 days ago.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 9.02.09 AM.png

Anyone in Van have a aug 24 - sept 1 edd? I order one out of inventory the Tesla rep said it’s still in China so the timeline seems aggressive. Hoping it is somehow true.
It might be on Morning Composer which is currently docked at Richmond. I don't see any other ships on the way from Shanghai to Canada. Ship tracking - Tesla Ship Tracker

If you have a vin I think there are reddit threads where you can check when it was built. That might give you an idea.

Hi all, for those of you who took delivery of your cars, if you made a down payment using a bank draft, did Tesla give you a receipt for it? Tesla told me they don't give receipts. A bit nerve racking giving away a draft without any proof, other than the car of course :)

Hi all, for those of you who took delivery of your cars, if you made a down payment using a bank draft, did Tesla give you a receipt for it? Tesla told me they don't give receipts. A bit nerve racking giving away a draft without any proof, other than the car of course :)
The car is the receipt! You traded a piece of thin paper with a large beautiful object. Fair trade.

It might be on Morning Composer which is currently docked at Richmond. I don't see any other ships on the way from Shanghai to Canada. Ship tracking - Tesla Ship Tracker

If you have a vin I think there are reddit threads where you can check when it was built. That might give you an idea.
Thank you! I hope that is the case. I was just thrown off by the rep saying it was still in China. Appreciate your reply.

If you’re worried about Tesla “losing it” then you can always issue a stop payment if they lose it and haven’t cashed it. Then you have to just get a new draft and give it to them. This is very rare and I think it’ll be a non-issue. Also, only the payee listed on the draft can cash it so it’s not like anyone can just take it and cash it.

If you’re worried about Tesla “losing it” then you can always issue a stop payment if they lose it and haven’t cashed it. Then you have to just get a new draft and give it to them. This is very rare and I think it’ll be a non-issue. Also, only the payee listed on the draft can cash it so it’s not like anyone can just take it and cash it.
Well, I work for a bank and can tell you that stop payment requests can only be made on cheques. We cannot place this kind of request on drafts or certified cheques since that's the whole purpose of such instruments in first place. If the draft is lost and is not yet encashed, then you can go to your bank and report it as lost. They will ask you full details of the draft and ask you to sign an indemnity agreement stating that if the original party (Tesla, in this case) does find the draft and tries to deposit it, then bank would take money out of your bank account to fund that transaction.

I believe you'll find the following helpful: (just search the name in Amazon.ca)

front underseat storage: temai (fits the front, not the back) very nice quality! A hard bin plus rubber insert.

back underseat storage: basenor (I put this at the back. Will block the floor vent, but works great otherwise. The driver side, there's a part of the seatbelt portion that will kinda hook into the bin. This will require you to put in the underseat bin at an angle to clear it.

rear center storage: basenor (just valcro to the back under the air-con part.

door side organizer: basenor (for the backseats, take out the original Tesla mat) (the original mat feels nice, but it's pretty flat, so it won't contain any spill)

console organizer: motrobe (this depends on your personal take). Many might like Spigen, but it's the harder material might make noise. So you want the felt version.

hidden armrest pocket: cusdusk (I like this design much more than all others. Others with the sliding cover, the cover might break easily. And it's hard to reach in to get stuff. This Cusdusk one opens magnetically, and very easy to reach everything, much more practical.

cup holder insert: temai (most others, when you take out your cup, it'll take out the insert with it, not so with Temai). Not the favorite color though.

glove box organizer: aramox (look for this design, the other design on Amazon is garbage and won't fit)

magsafe phone mount: magbak (this is arguably the best one, can route cable inside the trim)

floor mat: 3D Maxpider. Bought only because everybody else has this. Fit is perfect. Tuxmat should provide maximum protection. But I don't like mats that need to be installed with clips, which makes taking it out more complex (i.e. car wash).

cargo mats: kust. This is the ONLY single-piece mat that covers the entire trunk and the 2nd row seat back, all in one piece. Even 3D Maxpider will come in separate pieces. The drawback though, without this mat, you can open the sub-trunk cover and there's a spot to "hold" it. With the Mat on, you can't slide that into that slot, so you kinda have to open it up to a 90-deg angle and just let it sit there (opened). Getting into the upper sub-trunk you have to lift the whole back. Not deal breaker, but this should be the same for all trunk mats.

cargo pockets with covers: otrifowd. Perfect fit. And the covers match the Tesla too. The passanger side, I didn't think it would fit. The look is very confusing. But once you try it out, it's a perfect fit.

trunk/frunk mats: ldcrs. I don't see how anything more expensive can be better than these. The "frunk" floor is curved a bit. I'd say for the frunk, the fit is not 100% perfect, only because it doesn't "curve" the quite the same way. But once you put stuff on it to "push it down", it's all good.

mud flaps front/back: cyberbeans. I didn't know the Telsa would come with front mud flap. So I only installed the rear. Perfect fit. This is an actual "flap", not the regular mud "guard". I believe this should be more effective. The material bends really well, so highly doubt it'll ever break.

air vent covers: taruimoo. Really, just buy the cheapest valcro one you can find. Just don't get the hard plastic ones.

Visit EVACA, and buy their inlet vent cover, which will prevent leaves from getting into the air-con. Also, the front hood weather strip can protect things from getting into the frunk area. Easy to install, all perfect fit.

I got the Drop Stop seat gap insert. This prevents things from falling through the crack. This is so good!
Thanks for the detailed descriptions. Huge time saver, because lately I have stopped trusting Amazon reviews.

Anyone in east has a delivery window Sept 7-21, updated recently? I do think our Y was in Viking Seas.
Thanks for the info. What is the source of the info.

If you have a vin I think there are reddit threads where you can check when it was built. That might give you an idea
Anyone knows how trade-in works? I picked up no-trade-in on pre delivery preparation, and now I cant change it. I asked a trade in quote on my Lexus ICE car and thinking of giving to Tesla.
Call the location of pick up and ask them to cancel the trade in. And they will do it for you . I had to cancel the trade in as well . Tesla low balls the trade ins .