Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought so too. I also thought it was my water bottle in the cup holder because it makes a rattling noise all the time. However when I push on the drivers door panel or roll down the window a smidge, it goes away. Hopefully the SC can fix it since I narrowed down exactly where it's coming from. 🤞
I had a fantastic experience with the Tesla Oakville service department. My Model Y (the one you test drove) had stains on the 3rd row. They promptly replaced the entire row for me. They scheduled appointments as soon as the parts for the base, back, and bolsters were available. It took three appointments, but the car is now in perfect condition.

Highly recommend Tesla Oakville.

I had a fantastic experience with the Tesla Oakville service department. My Model Y (the one you test drove) had stains on the 3rd row. They promptly replaced the entire row for me. They scheduled appointments as soon as the parts for the base, back, and bolsters were available. It took three appointments, but the car is now in perfect condition.

Highly recommend Tesla Oakville.
I booked a mobile appointment at my house. If they don’t fix my issue then I’ll take it to Oakville! I found exactly where the two noises are coming from so hopefully they can fix it!

I booked a mobile appointment at my house. If they don’t fix my issue then I’ll take it to Oakville! I found exactly where the two noises are coming from so hopefully they can fix it!
They fixed rattle/metal-squeak in my 2021 Model Y back seat few years ago. Based on my experience the best method is to take the service rep with you on a short drive. Depending on sound let them drive or drive yourself and may be choose a road where rattle is prominent. Best of luck 👍🏻

Reactions: RedGing12 and SamGr
Wondering if someone can explain Tesla's "inventory" system. This page https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/inventory/new/my?arrangeby=plh&zip=B4A1X6&range=200 shows all the "Coming Soon" or "Ready for Delivery" Y's within 200Kms of Halifax. Last Friday there were zero, on Saturday there were nine, on Sunday or Monday it went up to about 14 then yesterday it went to one. Seems unlikely they would get that many orders over a few days. My theory is that they are re-assigning/transferring in-transit inventory on the fly based on local demand.

BTW, my OD was Aug 2 with EDD of Sep 7 to 21. That hasn't changed since ordering.

Wondering if someone can explain Tesla's "inventory" system. This page New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla shows all the "Coming Soon" or "Ready for Delivery" Y's within 200Kms of Halifax. Last Friday there were zero, on Saturday there were nine, on Sunday or Monday it went up to about 14 then yesterday it went to one. Seems unlikely they would get that many orders over a few days. My theory is that they are re-assigning/transferring in-transit inventory on the fly based on local demand.

BTW, my OD was Aug 2 with EDD of Sep 7 to 21. That hasn't changed since ordering.
If you like something with Ready for Delivery status then you can get it within next 1-2 days. Call your sales rep to assign you that car. If they tell you have to place whole new order then that’s just BS … my SA switched my config 3 times before I finally took delivery.

Coming Soon status is useless. The car can be on ship near China and have Coming Soon status.

Reactions: SamGr
If you like something with Ready for Delivery status then you can get it within next 1-2 days. Call your sales rep to assign you that car. If they tell you have to place whole new order then that’s just BS … my SA switched my config 3 times before I finally took delivery.

Coming Soon status is useless. The car can be on ship near China and have Coming Soon status.
I agree re Coming Soon. The only way to find out what "soon" means is to pay $250 and even then as we know, the EDDs usually change for the worse.

Yes. But for now HW3 is better, the FSD on HW3 is mature and HW4 release date unknown giving Elon always delay the promise, who knows when HW4 FSD will be released. Plus you are getting more memory and one more video cam with HW3
I guess my issue is that we’re buying outdated technology. HW4 may not be as good now, but I’m sure with firmware updates etc, things will improve. I feel like those of us who just bought a MY with HW3 are stuck with older cameras and hardware until we purchase a new car.

I purchased a new MY and my delivery date is next week. I just learned about HW4 now and am pretty disappointed to hear about all of this. I’m in Vancouver.
OD: Aug 25
DD: Sept 6
Earliest DD possible was Sept 2 but I’m unable to pickup till the 6th. A little over a week from order to pickup which is great.

I randomly got new emails about my order agreement and loan agreement, again over a week after all those were already confirmed. Everything looked to be the same as before. Very odd.

I didn't get any email(s) in last 24 hours but interestingly it seems my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement was updated recently with a "Final Price Sheet" which now includes the VIN. I'm pretty sure the Final Price Sheet wasn't there last time I looked a couple of days ago.

OD: Aug 2 and EDD of Sep 7-21 which hasn't changed since ordering.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamGr