Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't connect to Tunein

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several others have mentioned this, in other threads here on TMC and on Tesla groups on Facebook. So you are not alone. As for myself, playing podcasts, which come through TuneIn, has been very problematic since I installed the 2017.42 a88c8d5 last week. Hopefully Tesla knows about the issue and is working on it. I have filed several bug reports, but am always doubtful if and when anyone listens to those.

Reactions: JenniferQ
I called Tesla Service yesterday. They're having software issues with Tunein. Their engineers are working on a solution.
I was told that not all cars are experiencing this problem.
If you are, you might want to contact them to be put the list so they will fix the problem

• Informative
Reactions: JenniferQ
Broken for me as well. Is there any correlation with using our own personal login for TuneIn vs. Tesla's provided login? I'm using my own login. The thing is, when it doesn't connect, I cannot access the option to change the login information and revert to the Tesla default.

Myself and others have been having the "Loading Error" issue with Slacker for a week now. Coincidentally, I also got 2017.42 a week ago......
It literally does it at least twice every single time I get in the car. Sometimes it'll happen a half dozen times in one short drive.
I don't use Tune-In, but I'll try it tomorrow to see if it's doing the same.

I'm having the same issue. Constant "Loading Error" messages with TuneIn, AND with playing things off of the USB stick. Slacker working fine.

TuneIn didn't work yesterday morning or this morning on my commute to work. However it DID work yesterday evening on my commute home. USB stick is spotty - will work for a song and then I get the "Loading Error" on the next song.

TuneIn and song requests are not working EXCEPT when I am at home on wifi - then they work perfectly. Seems like an issue with the wireless connection. Talked with Tesla service who said that this may be the case. We need to let Tesla know en masse.

TuneIn and song requests are not working EXCEPT when I am at home on wifi - then they work perfectly. Seems like an issue with the wireless connection. Talked with Tesla service who said that this may be the case. We need to let Tesla know en masse.
Agreed.... I just informed my SA at the SC. He was glad I contacted him as opposed to the e-mail support people this time, as he says they are known to not be very knowledgeable or efficient. He's pulling my logs and scheduling a visit.

For what it's worse, another thread on here mentioned using Internet Speed Test | Fast.com to test your connection speed on your Tesla. What I found was staggering. I'm averaging between 80Kbps - 190Kbps. My car is a 2015 and has LTE. My buddy's 2014, with 3G, is averaging over 2Mbps.