Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not waking up via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No luck here. I’ve rebooted and reset every device I have, removed and reinstalled every app, known WiFi connections, the lot! Given that everything else is working and has had no version updates, firmware updates or owt else, it kind of points to the car...... come On Tesla, release a stable version!

I know this is deffo first world problems we are talking about here, but it’s ok to be frustrated at the little things in life, in fact it’s a welcome distraction!

ok, here is what I noticed, when getting into the car it initially shows no service then quickly goes to full LTE, so it seems that the car is turning the signal off when sleeping for some reason

Interesting, I’ll see if I mine appears to do the same - I have noticed that Spotify seems to take a while to sort itself out when the cars been locked for a while.....

Still not working for me.

in my 4 years of owning a Tesla I think 20.4.2 is the biggest bag of shite I’ve ever had the displeasure to use.

Almost everything is screwed up.
  1. Can’t wake the car with the app.
  2. Voice controls totally messed up.
  3. Can’t navigate by voice.
  4. Can’t call by voice. I say “call peter smith” and it navigates me Peterborough.
  5. Can’t reply messages by voice. Well maybe I can at 3pm but at 3.05pm it’s bust again.
  6. When voice does understand 50% of the time nothing happens.
  7. Screen selections are hit and miss.
Rebooted, re-installed stuff. Spent hours troubleshooting.

Thankfully I still love the car to bits but somebody in the software quality control team needs a swift kick up the arse.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Still not working for me.

in my 4 years of owning a Tesla I think 20.4.2 is the biggest bag of shite I’ve ever had the displeasure to use.

Almost everything is screwed up.
  1. Can’t wake the car with the app.
  2. Voice controls totally messed up.
  3. Can’t navigate by voice.
  4. Can’t call by voice. I say “call peter smith” and it navigates me Peterborough.
  5. Can’t reply messages by voice. Well maybe I can at 3pm but at 3.05pm it’s bust again.
  6. When voice does understand 50% of the time nothing happens.
  7. Screen selections are hit and miss.
Rebooted, re-installed stuff. Spent hours troubleshooting.

Thankfully I still love the car to bits but somebody in the software quality control team needs a swift kick up the arse.

All those issues have been happening since I got the car :(

I see this about once a week where the car won't wake, either by API (teslafi) or the app.
(Since I've had the car)

I used to go out and try a door handle which would wake the car up...

Then I discovered that if the phone key is connected, which it usually is in the house, you can tap the button to unlock the doors and this also forces the car to wake up.

Certainly saves me from going outside in my pyjamas so I can start pre conditioning!

Hope this helps.