Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not waking up via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, here is what I noticed, when getting into the car it initially shows no service then quickly goes to full LTE, so it seems that the car is turning the signal off when sleeping for some reason

Is that definitely just when you get into the car? I'm just making the distinction from entering the car and taking it out of Park ... because that's what it's supposed to do in that circumstance. If you hadn't moved out of Park then it's certainly an issue.

I see this about once a week where the car won't wake, either by API (teslafi) or the app.
(Since I've had the car)

I used to go out and try a door handle which would wake the car up...

Then I discovered that if the phone key is connected, which it usually is in the house, you can tap the button to unlock the doors and this also forces the car to wake up.

Certainly saves me from going outside in my pyjamas so I can start pre conditioning!

Hope this helps.

Well, I’ll go to the foot of our stairs! That seems to do the trick. Nice one smeg9, it will certainly do until Tesla sort their sh1t out :cool:

Is that definitely just when you get into the car? I'm just making the distinction from entering the car and taking it out of Park ... because that's what it's supposed to do in that circumstance. If you hadn't moved out of Park then it's certainly an issue.

entering the car when the screen just comes on, it goes from No signal to LTE.

For reference I’m not talking about WiFi I’m talking about mobile signal as I disabled WiFi

Last edited:
entering the car when the screen just comes on, it goes from No signal to LTE.

For reference I’m not talking about WiFi I’m talking about mobile signal as I disabled WiFi

I noticed the same today with my car. Couldn't connect to went into the car and saw no signal and this quickly switched to LTE - as others have said must be an issue when the car goes into a deep sleep which is probably happening a lot now for most people given the current lockdown and subsequent lack of use of the cars