Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Not Waking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Open the car door. I'm not taking the ..... but i had this the other day when i wanted to preheat the Car. Went down to the car opened the door then closed it. Tried the app and it worked and has been since. I just think my car, like my children was in a deep sleep and just didn't want to wake up.

Open the car door. I'm not taking the ..... but i had this the other day when i wanted to preheat the Car. Went down to the car opened the door then closed it. Tried the app and it worked and has been since. I just think my car, like my children was in a deep sleep and just didn't want to wake up.
Yeh once I open the car door mate, app is up and running

Next morning if I wanna pre-heat like I always have before, car not waking

Is it parked in the exact spot it usually is? I've had this occur 2 or 3 times at random over past 2 months of ownership - I put it down to the car being parked in a random spot with a limited signal and the wake-up command wasn't going through for some reason - when you get in the car does it say it has no signal on your screen?

Like you, as soon as you open the door the car jumps to life and the app seems to reconnect fine.

Can the app connect directly to the car, via Bluetooth for example?

I wonder if a direct connection works, which is activated when the door is opened. But sometimes a remote connection via mobile data/wifi doesn't establish. Wi-fi out of range or mobile mast down, for example.

There have been issues in the past that caused this that are supposed to be fixed.
If your car definitely has a mobile signal i.e. there is not an issue with the network then you will need to raise a service request.It may well be something that can be fixed remotely.
Would be worth trying a re-boot first though

There have been issues in the past that caused this that are supposed to be fixed.
If your car definitely has a mobile signal i.e. there is not an issue with the network then you will need to raise a service request.It may well be something that can be fixed remotely.
Would be worth trying a re-boot first though
Signals and all that jazz are fine yeh

will try reboot

Is it parked in the exact spot it usually is? I've had this occur 2 or 3 times at random over past 2 months of ownership - I put it down to the car being parked in a random spot with a limited signal and the wake-up command wasn't going through for some reason - when you get in the car does it say it has no signal on your screen?

Like you, as soon as you open the door the car jumps to life and the app seems to reconnect fine.
Exact same spot on the driveway

this ha only started happening since updating to latest software

I've had similar issues since 40.4. My phone as a key and app had been flawless and since the update the app takes about 15-20 seconds to wake up (although sometimes just fails and I give up) and the phone as key is basically useless. I bought the key fob as an alternative which has been working much better...

I've thought about raising this as a service request only because of the noticeable different since 40.4 but not sure if I'd just been lucky before hand and now having the issues that I'd previously read about.

Loads of people had problems last month with this. Turned out to be a network provider issue. Tesla fixed it by reprogramming the eSIM to move to a provider in the Netherlands from one in Spain. Maybe this is a different problem, but worth checking who your network provider is. When you're off line from WiFi, use the browser to go to

What Is My IP? - Shows your real public IP address - IPv4 - IPv6

See where the ISP is.

Reactions: Obliter8
Loads of people had problems last month with this. Turned out to be a network provider issue. Tesla fixed it by reprogramming the eSIM to move to a provider in the Netherlands from one in Spain. Maybe this is a different problem, but worth checking who your network provider is. When you're off line from WiFi, use the browser to go to

What Is My IP? - Shows your real public IP address - IPv4 - IPv6

See where the ISP is.

Good suggestion but unfortunately I'm in the Netherlands. Maybe it is time for a service ticket...

Update, back to it not waking up again.
Tried WiFi and LTE
I’m on EE and it’s worked perfectly up until recently
Service ticket I guess
It's not to do with your phones connection, it is the car. If you go in the web browser and type in whatismyip.com what location does it show? I doubt this is the issue though. Does your car have good LTE connectivity in the location your trying to wake the car up?

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
It's not to do with your phones connection, it is the car. If you go in the web browser and type in whatismyip.com what location does it show? I doubt this is the issue though. Does your car have good LTE connectivity in the location your trying to wake the car up?
Dan, yes mate. Cars been spot on since May. This has only started happening in the last week. I’ve rebooted the car, reinstalled the app, rebooted phone, all kinds