Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't wake from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps this is just an issue with the API POST method for wake up?

Everything Teslamate does uses the GET method, as it just pulls data about the car, and doesn't have control capabilities like TeslaFi and the app. If there's an issue around the way that POST is being handled by the Tesla API, then that might explain what's going on.
For context I am using a Node-Red flow to handle charging, and it has successfully woken my car from sleep via the API wake-up method several times in the last 48 hours.

Also on 2020.36.10, and haven't seen issues with the app on iOS 13 either.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Looking back, it seems that mine used to wake up at around 00:15 most nights, for about 10 to 15 minutes, then stay asleep if not used until the same time the following night. After waking up at 17:15, it stayed awake until I went out to collect a takeaway at 18:08, and I've not seen it stay awake that long after a routine wake up call from Tesla before.

I came back from getting the takeways at about 18:40, and it's not gone back to sleep again yet, nearly an hour later. It normally seems to fall asleep within 10 to 15 minutes of locking the car. Definitely something odd going on, as it's going to significantly increase the vampire drain if it carries on like this.

Looking back, it seems that mine used to wake up at around 00:15 most nights, for about 10 to 15 minutes, then stay asleep if not used until the same time the following night. After waking up at 17:15, it stayed awake until I went out to collect a takeaway at 18:08, and I've not seen it stay awake that long after a routine wake up call from Tesla before.

I came back from getting the takeways at about 18:40, and it's not gone back to sleep again yet, nearly an hour later. It normally seems to fall asleep within 10 to 15 minutes of locking the car. Definitely something odd going on, as it's going to significantly increase the vampire drain if it carries on like this.
I agree mine also seems to be staying awake longer after a drive, I have charging scheduled in the car which wake up at 12.30 and then will go back to sleep shortly after that isn’t a problem. The last few days since updating to .10 it’s weirdly been waking up sometime between 10am-10.30am and stays away for around an hour and a half, which is pretty odd to.

Just had a look back through the logged data, and there was a regular pattern of the car waking up at 00:15 every night (when not charging), staying awake for ~15 minutes, then going back to sleep. That's now changed, as apart from staying awake for over an hour after I locked it yesterday evening, it didn't do the normal overnight wake up, but instead woke up at 04:52 and stayed awake for 2 hours until 06:52.

It seems as if something has changed in the way Tesla are polling the fleet (I assume that's what the 00:15 wake ups were about) and that now they are keeping cars awake a great deal longer. This isn't going to be good for vampire drain if they keep it up, as the car uses a fair bit of power when it's awake.

Spent yesterday testing out waking the car up. It takes a while to connect and would always time out.

If I click into controls and then back out while it's trying to connect then it takes a while but connects. If I don't it times out.
This may just be coincidence but I was able to wake my car several times yesterday using this method.

Hopefully they sort it out soon.

Obvious on reflection, but I just discovered this breaks ev.energy’s smart charging. :mad:

Thankfully it hasn't (yet) broken charge point controlled timed charging. My charge point sits at state A with the car plugged in, and when it starts sending the car the Control Pilot PWM signal the car wakes up and starts charging, as it used to. Smart charge points should be able to do this, now that Tesla have fixed the problem with the car not waking up with a change in CP status.

Thankfully it hasn't (yet) broken charge point controlled timed charging. My charge point sits at state A with the car plugged in, and when it starts sending the car the Control Pilot PWM signal the car wakes up and starts charging, as it used to. Smart charge points should be able to do this, now that Tesla have fixed the problem with the car not waking up with a change in CP status.
Ah, so they eventually fixed that then!

Just had a look back through the logged data, and there was a regular pattern of the car waking up at 00:15 every night (when not charging), staying awake for ~15 minutes, then going back to sleep. That's now changed, as apart from staying awake for over an hour after I locked it yesterday evening, it didn't do the normal overnight wake up, but instead woke up at 04:52 and stayed awake for 2 hours until 06:52.

It seems as if something has changed in the way Tesla are polling the fleet (I assume that's what the 00:15 wake ups were about) and that now they are keeping cars awake a great deal longer. This isn't going to be good for vampire drain if they keep it up, as the car uses a fair bit of power when it's awake.
Agreed - there is definitely a big change on sleep patterns. I parked my car up at 18:30 last night, charger unplugged, but it didn't sleep until 20:02. It then slept through the night (bless him), but woke up at 6:02 and didn't sleep again until 8:17. So, it seems to be taking an hour and a half to two hours to enter sleep which is a lot more then I'd expect.