Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like a third party adapter already exists

Yeah, I've been curious if anyone has tried this since the most recent update. It does seem like it should work now.

We have a July 2020 Model Y. In the car page listing the installed components (HomeLink etc) it doesn't list CCS as an option.
Is this due to the module not being installed or is it that the FSD Beta 10.6.1 doesn't yet have the CCS code merged in?

With the July 2020 date should I have the hardware in my car?

Is this due to the module not being installed or is it that the FSD Beta 10.6.1 doesn't yet have the CCS code merged in?
You have to have at least 2021.40.x to see the CCS adapter information. So it is because of the FSD beta. Though it sounds like FSD beta 10.8 will start rolling out Tuesday and it is supposed to have waypoints, so it will likely have the CCS adapter support as well.

What do you mean ?

Fsd beta runs an older branch of the software and misses some of the newer features outside of fsd.

It sounds like that situation will improve with 10.8, hopefully next week.

Yes, that's right. The people testing FSD Beta (e.g., with firmware update 2021.36.8.10 and FSD Beta 10.6.1) have not been getting certain features that others with recent Production Build firmware (e.g., update 2021.44.6) are getting. See this the table in Post #1 here Trying to Make Sense... showing the two hypothetical update "branches." I am in the FSD Beta branch and hoping to get the features in the Production Build branch when the two branches merge again at some point; maybe this week?

Reactions: kayak1 and jsight
FWIW, I just got the 2021.44.6 update and my September 2021 delivered Vision-Only Model 3 LR does not have CCS support! 🤬

0D35B3E5-7A52-4AE9-A8ED-199192E6C0C5.jpeg

Last edited: