Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ordered with just a VIN loaded in their account and haven't taken possession yet? I'm hoping to get a VIN soon, and want to order soonest (vice waiting 2 more weeks until delivery).
Try it can you checkout with anything from the tesla store. If you can then it's enough to place an order.
You can cancel the order before payment when you're testing.
You could try it right on the KR site CCS 콤보 1 어댑터

Reactions: afscotch
Try it can you checkout with anything from the tesla store. If you can then it's enough to place an order.
Still waiting on my order but was able to add MY all-weather mats and the 1772 adapter. Does this mean that even without the car, I can just get whatever I want as long as I have a Tesla account? I'll just create a complete dummy account if that's the case. Doesn't make sense why they'd need anyone's login at all at that point.

Still waiting on my order but was able to add MY all-weather mats and the 1772 adapter. Does this mean that even without the car, I can just get whatever I want as long as I have a Tesla account? I'll just create a complete dummy account if that's the case. Doesn't make sense why they'd need anyone's login at all at that point.
Oh I couldn't checkout with the ccs adapter on a dummy account it said you need a car registered. wonder if it's certain items?

I was able to get to the point in the checkout process that asked for an address, but guess it could stop the checkout up until payment is submitted.

I could only add one to my cart.

When I started the checkout process it had a warning that said, "There are no vehicles delivered to the account." which I think it also said when I bought a 14-50 adapter.

Reactions: OliverM3
Has anyone ordered with just a VIN loaded in their account and haven't taken possession yet? I'm hoping to get a VIN soon, and want to order soonest (vice waiting 2 more weeks until delivery).
I don't think the car is in your account until after you take delivery. Buying things like acceleration boost work the same way. Car has to be in the account.

Add me to the list of people who were successful is receiving the Tesla CCS1 adapter through Harumio!

I placed my order on Monday April 25th when I provided my Tesla account login (after changing the password) and requested that Harumio send an invoice. I paid via PayPal ($318.50) and Harumio confirmed payment on April 26th. I also got an email from Tesla Korea on the 26th confirming an order had been placed for the adapter. DHL sent me an email confirming they shipped my order on Monday May 2nd. Estimated delivery was for May 5th.

I received the adapter today, May 4th (one day early). It's amazing it took only 2 days to reach Colorado from South Korea (via Cincinnati and Denver) and it only took nine days to receive the adapter after I ordered it! I was a bit concerned because I've ordered with DHL a couple of times before and once the order reached the US, DHL sent it to me via another carrier (post office in one case) which added several days. I guess DHL Express handles the whole delivery.

One more thing I can contribute is that I got one of the cases (the hard case) that @android04 suggested and the CCS1 adapter fits perfectly in it with no rattles when I shake the case after zipping it closed (the price was great too!). I can even add the Tesla J1772 adapter with the CCS1 adapter in the case, again with no rattles. However, it does press on the top of the case and although it's still not hard to zip the the case closed, it is a bit raised on one side due to the height of the J1772 adapter.

Hard case from Amazon

Here are some photos:

View attachment 800611View attachment 800612View attachment 800614View attachment 800615View attachment 800616
LoL.
It is sold out now. I managed to buy the second from the last one. Thanks for sharing this info.

Add me to the list of people who were successful is receiving the Tesla CCS1 adapter through Harumio!

I placed my order on Monday April 25th when I provided my Tesla account login (after changing the password) and requested that Harumio send an invoice. I paid via PayPal ($318.50) and Harumio confirmed payment on April 26th. I also got an email from Tesla Korea on the 26th confirming an order had been placed for the adapter. DHL sent me an email confirming they shipped my order on Monday May 2nd. Estimated delivery was for May 5th.

I received the adapter today, May 4th (one day early). It's amazing it took only 2 days to reach Colorado from South Korea (via Cincinnati and Denver) and it only took nine days to receive the adapter after I ordered it! I was a bit concerned because I've ordered with DHL a couple of times before and once the order reached the US, DHL sent it to me via another carrier (post office in one case) which added several days. I guess DHL Express handles the whole delivery.

One more thing I can contribute is that I got one of the cases (the hard case) that @android04 suggested and the CCS1 adapter fits perfectly in it with no rattles when I shake the case after zipping it closed (the price was great too!). I can even add the Tesla J1772 adapter with the CCS1 adapter in the case, again with no rattles. However, it does press on the top of the case and although it's still not hard to zip the the case closed, it is a bit raised on one side due to the height of the J1772 adapter.

Hard case from Amazon

Here are some photos:

View attachment 800611View attachment 800612View attachment 800614View attachment 800615View attachment 800616
Wow does this side profile show how absurdly big the CCS connector is compared to the Tesla connector. It's really too bad other EV's didn't adopt Tesla's connector since it is significantly more compact and easy to plug in with one hand.

CCS adapter will be very helpful in the future but it's too bad that it's become the universal connector instead.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
OK, back to the CASE (not the CCS adapter which is in stock) which is now out of stock at Amazon...

In just one day they sold 12 of the cases, so hopefully they will restock soon. If they don't, I do see a couple of potential hard shell cases from the same manufacturer which might work.

This one is even cheaper at just $9.96 but there are currently only 14 left. It looks very similar but is not the same. The dimensions are identical to the other case, but the description states these dimensions are external and not internal (the original out of stock case stated internal dimensions). So is this in error? Even if the dimensions are external, the case might still work because there is a fair amount of flex in the case, but someone would have to be the guinea pig and try it.

First Case

This other case has the same internal dimensions as the original out of stock one. However, there is a divider in the case which does not appear to be removable. If it can't be removed, can it be cut out?

Second Case

OK, back to the CASE (not the CCS adapter which is in stock) which is now out of stock at Amazon...

In just one day they sold 12 of the cases, so hopefully they will restock soon. If they don't, I do see a couple of potential hard shell cases from the same manufacturer which might work.

This one is even cheaper at just $9.96 but there are currently only 14 left. It looks very similar but is not the same. The dimensions are identical to the other case, but the description states these dimensions are external and not internal (the original out of stock case stated internal dimensions). So is this in error? Even if the dimensions are external, the case might still work because there is a fair amount of flex in the case, but someone would have to be the guinea pig and try it.

First Case

This other case has the same internal dimensions as the original out of stock one. However, there is a divider in the case which does not appear to be removable. If it can't be removed, can it be cut out?

Second Case
Its funny they're probably like wtf is there a mad rush on these projectors? They'd better stock up for these crazy Tesla shoppers.

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1
I'm not sure if that question has been answered. I recall someone saying Harumio might still need access to your Tesla account even after they order from Tesla in order to track the shipment.

In my case, I changed the password about two days after Harumio ordered the adapter from Tesla. It usually takes about four days for Harumio to receive the adapter so I changed the password back about two days before Harumio got the adapter.

So my guess is that you can change your password back right after your receive the email from Tesla in Korea that your order has been shipped. That would mean you can change it just a day or two after ordering from Harumio. If I'm wrong, then I guess Harumio would send you an email asking to give them access again which would cost you another day in the total process.

Has anybody actually changed their password back with no issues right after Tesla Korea shipped the adapter?
I asked Harumio and they told me not to change my password until they shipped the item to me, so I waited until that point. Not sure if it makes any difference, but that is what they instructed me to do.

Keith

Reactions: kayak1