Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen the Hanshow and also the tesplus but wonder what kind of adapter they are actually pre selling.
in the Question someone asked the samething. here is their response. in short same OEM one:

Hi dear, our adapter is designed by Tesla OEM one.It is same charger speed as OEM one. If you are interested in buying, i share 15% discount code with you. 15% code: Teslahsvera

The reason i wondered along with you all is because is you go to both the tesplus and the hanshow website, they have the same exact photos. so it leads me to believe that they are going to be copies not actual anything. which is to be expected but the photos have an actual tesla box probably from the korean ones. Either way, i plunked down for tesplus last week so we will see.

Although i am very close to just giving harumio my tesla info and getting an actual tesla one. I'd rather have an actual tesla one that whatever knock off might be out there. And to boot if it is a knock off, the prices are absurd.

The reason i wondered along with you all is because is you go to both the tesplus and the hanshow website, they have the same exact photos. so it leads me to believe that they are going to be copies not actual anything. which is to be expected but the photos have an actual tesla box probably from the korean ones. Either way, i plunked down for tesplus last week so we will see.

Although i am very close to just giving harumio my tesla info and getting an actual tesla one. I'd rather have an actual tesla one that whatever knock off might be out there. And to boot if it is a knock off, the prices are absurd.

I tried to order on harumio with my tesla account info and could not check out.

The sellers of this Chinese version say it’s an OEM product which means it’s made by the company that produced the Tesla branded units. It’s that’s the case I would expect better quality than that of a knock-off.

The sellers of this Chinese version say it’s an OEM product which means it’s made by the company that produced the Tesla branded units. It’s that’s the case I would expect better quality than that of a knock-off.
Well harumio takes your information, do you mean you tried buying directly on the korean site?

Which version are you talking about the hanshoww? Yes, i see what you are saying, i hope the tesplus one is the same. and im hoping it comes quick, we realy could have used one this past weekend.

Well harumio takes your information, do you mean you tried buying directly on the korean site?

Which version are you talking about the hanshoww? Yes, i see what you are saying, i hope the tesplus one is the same. and im hoping it comes quick, we realy could have used one this past weekend.
If my memory serves me well, Harumio took my info but I could not check out, hence there was no payment.

Reactions: dodukes
Was it really? They bill completely differently when it is but the minute, which I think it is in Georgia. Depending on your particular charge session it could be very different than you think.
Yes, it is per minute in Georgia and tiered based on the rates. Its slightly higher than Tesla's old per minute pricing, but significantly lower than Tesla's pricing as of today. Its also significantly lower than EA in neighboring per kwh states. I think I ended up close to $.17/kwh. It'll be a little worse the more your charge rate tapers.

Yes, it is per minute in Georgia and tiered based on the rates. Its slightly higher than Tesla's old per minute pricing, but significantly lower than Tesla's pricing as of today. Its also significantly lower than EA in neighboring per kwh states. I think I ended up close to $.17/kwh. It'll be a little worse the more your charge rate tapers.
EA isn't really tiered based on rates, it is tiered based on the the maximum charge rate your vehicle can accept, not based on what you are using. So for a Tesla you would always be charged the 1-350kW rate for your full session regardless of how many kW you actually draw.

So say you start charging at 95kW you would be paying Tesla 29-34 cents/min until your rate drops below 60kW then you would pay 15-18 cent/min. With EA you would be charged the full 24/32 cents/min for your entire charge session.

Here is a made up example; 61-95kW: 15 minutes, under 60kW: 30 minutes, at the most expensive rates I saw:
  • EA: $14.40 ($10.80 if you pay for their $4/month plan.)
  • Tesla: $10.50 ($8.85 at the cheapest station I looked at.)
Huh. What do you know, it can actually be cheaper to charge with Tesla's higher rates. :rolleyes:

To get the cheapest charge:
  • For EA you would want to come in, preconditioned, with the lowest SoC possible and stop charging when your rate starts to taper too much.
  • For Tesla you want to come in with a higher SoC to avoid the higher rate buckets. (i.e. you have to pay more if you want the fastest charging possible.)
Tesla is sort of encouraging slower charging, which I think is a bad idea.

The way they word it is very confusing. They say: "our adapter is designed by Tesla OEM one". Leaves some room for to be a clone, that is not necessarily Pegatron made (manufacturer of the Tesla adapter which is making them in Taiwan). I talked about this before upthread, I would say the chances of a Taiwan manufacturer selling these out the back door is much lower than if it was made in mainland China. It seems more likely this is a clone.

EA isn't really tiered based on rates, it is tiered based on the the maximum charge rate your vehicle can accept, not based on what you are using. So for a Tesla you would always be charged the 1-350kW rate for your full session regardless of how many kW you actually draw.

So say you start charging at 95kW you would be paying Tesla 29-34 cents/min until your rate drops below 60kW then you would pay 15-18 cent/min. With EA you would be charged the full 24/32 cents/min for your entire charge session.

Here is a made up example; 61-95kW: 15 minutes, under 60kW: 30 minutes, at the most expensive rates I saw:
  • EA: $14.40 ($10.80 if you pay for their $4/month plan.)
  • Tesla: $10.50 ($8.85 at the cheapest station I looked at.)
Huh. What do you know, it can actually be cheaper to charge with Tesla's higher rates. :rolleyes:

To get the cheapest charge:
  • For EA you would want to come in, preconditioned, with the lowest SoC possible and stop charging when your rate starts to taper too much.
  • For Tesla you want to come in with a higher SoC to avoid the higher rate buckets. (i.e. you have to pay more if you want the fastest charging possible.)
Tesla is sort of encouraging slower charging, which I think is a bad idea.
Yeah, I know, but presumably we are all experience road trippers and don't show up at the DCFC with 60 planning to get to 100%. 🤣 (yes, I know that exceptional situations exist, this is a bit tongue-in-cheek)

I had a similar charge in Georgia at a supercharger not too far from the EA station on the same trip. It started at .91/min and then dropped all the way to the low-low price of .56/minute. Of course, I never dropped below 100KW on the session, because charging past that in the situation would have been dumb.

In looking through my past charges, for the Tesla rates to be cheaper, I'd have to start at close to 70% SoC. TBH, I haven't tested it, but I also have a feeling that starting at 70% SoC on an EA dispenser would start you in their <90kw tier, which is also cheaper. You'd have to start there, as if you started higher the rate won't automatically lower on EA, just as you pointed out.

I had a similar charge in Georgia at a supercharger not too far from the EA station on the same trip. It started at .91/min and then dropped all the way to the low-low price of .56/minute. Of course, I never dropped below 100KW on the session, because charging past that in the situation would have been dumb.

So you have never charged above 60%? Though I've gotten way lower than 100kW below 50%.

I haven't tested it, but I also have a feeling that starting at 70% SoC on an EA dispenser would start you in their <90kw tier, which is also cheaper.
It does not, they base it on vehicle capabilities. From Pricing and Plans for EV Charging | Electrify America:

In per-minute locations, how does power level pricing work?
When you plug in to charge, your vehicle tells the charger the maximum power it can accept. Based on that communication, your vehicle will be assigned to the corresponding power level offered by the charger

As long as the vehicle says it is capable of more it gets charged at that rate even if it only asks for way less.

Supposedly Tesla is cancelling any orders that are successfully placed if they think the SK address given is a proxy's. I think the SK->US CCS1 adapter train has forever been derailed.
Ugh this sucks! I'd like to have one for an upcoming road trip but don't want to pay an arm and leg for one. I did order the A2Z adapter which is supposed to start shipping next week so hopefully they'll come thru.