Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it’s really happening. I know I have said this before but I’m really happy we finally have an option in North America for fast charging elsewhere than superchargers. Waiting for more results on 350kW stations and above all waiting for my adapter to make comparisons with OEM’s, which I also have.

34FDE39C-F089-4039-AD04-2EEEBD36837D.jpeg

Looks like it’s really happening. I know I have said this before but I’m really happy we finally have an option in North America for fast charging elsewhere than superchargers. Waiting for more results on 350kW stations and above all waiting for my adapter to make comparisons with OEM’s, which I also have.

View attachment 838265
Can't wait to get mine! Hopefully it arrives before my upcoming road trip

Guys what is the reason you think Tesla don’t sell the adapter in North America? Political? Economical?
Already discussed up thread, they have a shortage of CCS chips for the charge port (there were recent cars delayed waiting for them). Would be a disaster to launch without a good supply of them ready to retrofit for cars without CCS chip.

When they did the teaser it was shortly after they resumed production of cars with CCS chip, it could be they found out soon after the chip supply still remains unstable and they are not fully out of the woods yet.

I kinda hope Tesla doesn’t sell their adapters in the US. I imagine Tesla vehicles would completely take over the DCFC stations, leaving non-Tesla owners with no options for fast charging. The charging infrastructure is too weak to support this level of demand.

I kinda hope Tesla doesn’t sell their adapters in the US. I imagine Tesla vehicles would completely take over the DCFC stations, leaving non-Tesla owners with no options for fast charging. The charging infrastructure is too weak to support this level of demand.
Full chargers are profitable chargers, and profitable chargers encourage installing more, which means a crunch of supply not meeting demand is a path to more chargers being built. As, of course, if $5b in federal money being spent in the next four years to something like triple to quadruple the number of chargers out there, which helps get the process started.

Reactions: spokey and iamnid
Full chargers are profitable chargers, and profitable chargers encourage installing more, which means a crunch of supply not meeting demand is a path to more chargers being built. As, of course, if $5b in federal money being spent in the next four years to something like triple to quadruple the number of chargers out there, which helps get the process started.
agree. much as we'd like to keep 4 open stalls for each of us, demand is what will make the network grow.

Reactions: dodukes
We got our A2Z a few days ago just in time for our road trip. We didn’t have it a day before the A2Z guys were reaching out to us to make sure all was going well and check to see if we had any questions. Wow. Great Canadian service.

Anyway. It’s a heavy sucker, like in a pinch heavy enough to use as a weapon heavy. What’s in there? Snug fit. Kinda clicks in and not easy to get apart but that’s a good thing. Works really well. We are totally happy customers.

6A6EB52C-A4F7-4777-A65A-F06051D7CF51.jpeg

AEA3D70C-4035-4E89-B942-9E29EBDE3E08.jpeg

We got our A2Z a few days ago just in time for our road trip. We didn’t have it a day before the A2Z guys were reaching out to us to make sure all was going well and check to see if we had any questions. Wow. Great Canadian service.

Anyway. It’s a heavy sucker, like in a pinch heavy enough to use as a weapon heavy. What’s in there? Snug fit. Kinda clicks in and not easy to get apart but that’s a good thing. Works really well. We are totally happy customers.

How exciting! I can't wait to get mine!!

View attachment 840069

View attachment 840070
Thank you so much for your update on this product. I hope you will keep us informed as you use this device on your road trip. What amps/kw did the device use while charging. Did you have any concerns about using an aftermarket product? What model and year is your car. Thanks for any additional info

I ordered on aug 3 and since then have no update from a2z. just spoke with the owner who said my order is in the second batch, this was not clear from their website or on the confirmation email. he told me my order should arrive before end of month and they use ups for orders going to usa which takes about 5 days. hope this helps others to set their expectations

Thank you so much for your update on this product. I hope you will keep us informed as you use this device on your road trip. What amps/kw did the device use while charging. Did you have any concerns about using an aftermarket product? What model and year is your car. Thanks for any additional info
We used in on our last road trip up the valley but we only used on a couple of 50 kw Flo stations. 47 or 48 kw on those at peak.

There are some 100 kw and higher rate machines on our route but we are towing our travel trailer so access is harder.

2022 model Y.

It’s always iffy dealing with a new company but these guys have been around for awhile and they pick up their phone to answer questions so we weren’t too worried.

I ordered on aug 3 and since then have no update from a2z. just spoke with the owner who said my order is in the second batch, this was not clear from their website or on the confirmation email. he told me my order should arrive before end of month and they use ups for orders going to usa which takes about 5 days. hope this helps others to set their expectations
I ordered on July 22nd. Mine was shipped on Tuesday and I should be getting it next Wednesday.

Reactions: Yipsan
I wonder if this one is a legit tesla one since the legit tesla ones are not available anymore

good experience with this company

I wonder if this one is a legit tesla one since the legit tesla ones are not available anymore

It's says "OEM", but it doesn't have the locking pin. I interpret that as meaning that it's not the Tesla adapter, but rather an adapter manufactured by the same company that made the Tesla adapter

Last edited:

No, it’s not a legit Tesla adapter and it seems like they are starting off the wrong foot and lying.

150A and 150kW. Big LOL. Looks like a copycat of something we already have.

Attachments

• D9E3AEF8-9079-424B-93F3-62314C5CE76B.jpeg
    D9E3AEF8-9079-424B-93F3-62314C5CE76B.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 114