Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center horn retrofit for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, there is definitely a horn coming. I just placed an order through my app for my MS and the appointment was confirmed. Part # 1965073-00-B clearly lists the part as:
ROUND STEERING WHEEL - MECHANICAL HORN
Steering Wheel 1965073-00-B must be installed with steering wheel DAB 1965183-00-A. Firmware update required.

and:

YOKE STEERING WHEEL ASSEMBLY PUR - MECHANICAL HORN
Steering Yoke 1965131-00-B must use yoke DAB 1965182-00-A. Firmware update required.
How did you place the order? I assume if current steering wheel working, it's not a service issue but a paid swap. Thanks.

They should force a recall to fix a problem of not having a horn where it should be. I agree with you 100% it is a stupidest place and I can never find it when I need it and there’s no grooves or anything so you know, you were actually on the button which is dangerous all the buttons have ridges on it so you know you’re on it is a rare. It’s so easy for me to get my thumb on it. He gets away with the stuff he does. I was never told that I didn’t have auto park summon I can’t even tell when it’s gonna hit the curb , I was never told or made aware of when I signed the contract when I purchased after I purchased it I find out I have the old computer and he says he can’t fix it because they don’t have space and the new one when my car is a 2024 January I told him in the first place I did not want the car if it didn’t have the high definition cameras and the new computer and they said they can’t tell you don’t get a bill of Leiden like a normal car and autonomous if you look it up, means you have human interaction he has been autonomous ever since 2012 and we all pay for it. I am a beta tester but every time I turn it on within about five minutes it makes a big screwup twice. Has it done really good for me and then I asked you why did you turn it off or something like I have time to sit there and talk to it rather driving or correcting its mistakes I’m really getting tired of tesla getting away with so much. It was five months before I even had the program for autonomous driving even though I was paying $105 they charged me.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird
I have made an appointment with my local service center to see about gettin my yoke replaced with the updated. Will see what happens

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    569.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: WeaponX and dsm363
So an update on the stiff yoke turn signals in my case.

What did they quote your replacement at price wise? They initially told me “we don’t have any of the new yolks” then a little while later said “we actually have one ordered for you and if it doesn’t show up by the time your mobile app is up then we will reschedule for you” then they just confirmed my appointment. The quote was ~1900 bucks. It still takes me forever to get used to how they do that.

Just a heads up, I just had a mobile service visit for replacing my yoke in my Model X. It was with the mechanical horn.

However, I didn't proceed with it because I had to be on at least 2024.2.7 firmware which would cause me to lose v12.3 FSD beta. I asked to just have the appointment pushed out a month as Teslascope on twitter thinks we'll be converged in end of March or April.

Just a heads up, I just had a mobile service visit for replacing my yoke in my Model X. It was with the mechanical horn.

However, I didn't proceed with it because I had to be on at least 2024.2.7 firmware which would cause me to lose v12.3 FSD beta. I asked to just have the appointment pushed out a month as Teslascope on twitter thinks we'll be converged in end of March or April.

Aren't they the same ones that said RGB lighting and front bumper camera were coming on March 1st?

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and brkaus

You do not need to be on 2024.2.7. The tech just needs to connect his laptop to the car to update the config file to tell it you have the mechanical horn, and that's it. I'm still on 11.4.9 with the 2023.44.30.8 build and the new yoke installed. Many of us are.