Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chadstone Store - Closed 24/10/23

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the destination chargers at Chadstone (4 in total)

DCchadstone.png

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and callmesam
Where about in Chadstone are the destination chargers? Going to tomorrow and I could find them last time! Thanks

I was unable to find it too, and when I phoned the shopping centre management for directions they sent a security vehicle to lead the way!

I added the following instructions to PlugShare -

Enter underground "Myer" car park. Turn left at T Junction then immediately left again, then right at the end. Chargers are another ~20m away on your left.

Someone else added the following:

If entering from middle road, turn left at roundabout to enter underground parking. Turn right at T junction. Follow right after pillar "10" towards Myer underground parking. Another right at junction and immediately left again towards the shopping centre entrance.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
The supercharges @ Chadstone were supplied by IKEA and work as well as the IKEA TVs

Yep, one on the end works ok, the other I tried wouldn't disconnect from the car until I used the app. The others there seem to not be even turned on. But got a few of kms the couple of times I've visited. Also handy to get a park saved by the entrance, especially this time of year, instead of fighting for a spot. Handy.

Also I spoke to a Tesla staff member there and he said they have plans for a higher Kw 3 phase destination closer to the store because they have to keep charging the test drive car at the public one on the other side of the centre. He said would be open to owners too apparently. Be good if that happens.

I hate to ask this, but what is the purpose of a destination charger at Chadstone or Castle Towers or any urban shopping centre?
  1. To save Tesla owners a couple of $ of home charging? - I doubt it.
  2. To help out the few Tesla owners who don't have a home charger? - I bet they never thought of that.
  3. To help interstate and regional visitors? - Just maybe, but if it is not well signed then no.
  4. To provide an easy parking spot for Telsa owners? - I doubt it.
  5. To charge and park the Demo Car at Chadstone? - Yes but justifies just one spot with patchy availability for public Teslas.
  6. To create the impression of doing something green at minimal cost, without having to think thru what it actually achieves.
So I reckon it's 6 (+ 5 for Chadstone only). To achieve 6, it doesn't have to be accessible, and doesn't have to be functional all the time. Just has to exist !

Was seeing a movie on the weekend and while parking I noticed Tesla are expanding their charging area behind the store.

Currently there are 5(?) carparks but they're for demo cars only. 6 new (extra wide) spots with wall chargers installed and embossed Tesla signage on the carpark pillars are to the right of the existing demo charging spaces. This is on level 2 (or 3?) of the B carpark, where the new area is, target/legoland/hoyts/new dining area parking about 50m from the entrance to the shopping centre.

I wonder if this means the existing chargers down in the lower Myer carpark are going to go away or if these new spots will be in addition to the existing customer parking.

Or if these 6 are also for demo cars once the M3 comes out to Aus to generate pre-orders.

[Note: The sixth charger is behind the pillar on the right]
g3ew5Ze.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bradjc and LGGD
Bound to be left-hand drive. Doesn't matter to me, I just want to get a feel for size and materials, boot space etc.
I have an S75D, which is a bigger car than I normally buy. I just hope the 3 doesn't feel too small now that I've been driving the S for so long.