Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3 in April and finally received my VIN and delivery date this week. Tesla SA was able to cancel my original order and apple my VIN and delivery date to the new order I placed yesterday to qualify for the $5k Charge UP incentive. My advice is to keep your old order until you receive the VIN. You will need to pay the new pricing but won't need to lose your place in line .
how come you are getting 5K incentive? its just 2K for cars with MSRP > 45K?

I switched from cash to finance after getting vin and message to schedule my delivery.. They want us to finalize asap after getting vin and atleast 3 days before delivery
I applied for tesla finance today and approved for 2.49 and dcu is in review
Congrats. The rate is what I am worried about I just wanted to make sure it was as 2.49% like they said. My credit is around 741 hopefully I can get that same rate.

I ordered my M3 in April and finally received my VIN and delivery date this week. Tesla SA was able to cancel my original order and apple my VIN and delivery date to the new order I placed yesterday to qualify for the $5k Charge UP incentive. My advice is to keep your old order until you receive the VIN. You will need to pay the new pricing but won't need to lose your place in line .
NO they don't , I called and they are specifically instructed not to do this.

I switched from cash to finance after getting vin and message to schedule my delivery.. They want us to finalize asap after getting vin and atleast 3 days before delivery
I applied for tesla finance today and approved for 2.49 and dcu is in review
If you don't mind me asking, and just to confirm what I've read in other spots on the forum:

Once I put $100 down to confirm my MY LR order (as Cash), I don't need to immediately do anything else money-wise for a while.
I can at a later time apply and/or switch to Tesla Financing (if I so chose them ultimately).
The $2000 NJ EV rebate will be applied to the final invoice of the vehicle as some sort of line item or towards Down Payment line item?

Is your plan to get approved for DCU and then have Tesla Finance rate-match or you will just stick with a full-on DCU finance?

If you don't mind me asking, and just to confirm what I've read in other spots on the forum:

Once I put $100 down to confirm my MY LR order (as Cash), I don't need to immediately do anything else money-wise for a while.
I can at a later time apply and/or switch to Tesla Financing (if I so chose them ultimately).
The $2000 NJ EV rebate will be applied to the final invoice of the vehicle as some sort of line item or towards Down Payment line item?

Is your plan to get approved for DCU and then have Tesla Finance rate-match or you will just stick with a full-on DCU finance?
Yes for the cash and then switch to Financing
My plan is to get rate matched.. but DCU amount is total-trade in. Tesla amount is 50k so not sure how it works. I am waiting for dcu confirmation document

Reactions: Trip McNealy
I have a Model Y VIN assigned and a delivery for next week (blue 5-seater) and I'm canceling my order. So maybe one of you will claim it!

I opted instead for $44.5k ID.4 Pro S that just qualifies for the $5k.
I am so jealous that you get all the tech goodies I have to forgo on my Model Y. Looks like it would be another 3680 to add AWD though, so that would put it over the 45K limit. Nice choice. Best of luck!

I went ahead and placed the order with the 20" wheels and the tow hitch, both of which I thoroughly researched on the forums here for a few weeks. The 20" comes with better tires and the tow hitch I figure will be done right from the start and includes the software update for trailer mode/support. I was going to take that $2K rebate and buy 20" or 21" aftermarkets anyways, so it's a win already [in my mind] with the Inductions included LOL.

I'd play the waiting game and hope for a price reduction so I could qualify for NJ rebate and still get the goodies but I'm not holding my breath in this current economy/world situation. And if it does, hey, I'll just cancel and reorder. :)

I picked up yesterday. No rebate for me because of pre-phase 2 order date; out in 15-20 minutes.
I picked up from Springfield today. Car appeared perfect. Didn't have noticeable noise issues so double glass likely helped noise reduction. They had all paperwork on dashboard of car, remotely unlocked it. I signed, put bank check in envelope and was out of there in about 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 2021-07-22_16-37-30_319.jpeg
    2021-07-22_16-37-30_319.jpeg
    830.9 KB · Views: 82