Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, most of the expected etiquette about DC charging doesn't really make sense when applied to AC charging.

If someone is slow charging while at a restaurant or movie (say, parked for 3 hours) they shouldn't be expected to come out and move at the 2hr 30m mark. (But similarly if they know they'll be full within an hour, they probably didn't need to use the charger anyway).

To use your example - if someone uses the same park and ride every day, then no problem with, once a week, plugging in on arrival, staying for 8 hours, even if charging takes 6 hours. But conversely, don't plug in every day if you're only charging for the first ~1.5 hours.

And hotels - treat them like your home charger. I got into a heated discussion on reddit with some guy who said that if you use an AC charger at a hotel, and the charge finishes at (e.g.) 2am, you should have to move your car then.
💯
The Seaford charger here is a rare commodity, and rarer that it’s actually working.
Next to it is a type2 charger which is not billed, everytime I go past it during the week, and sometimes on Saturdays the same car is parked there, plugged in, no one in sight. I’ve gone past in the morning and afternoon. Obviously works at the shopping centre and knows there is no idle fee.its behaviour like that which attracts complaints, then expedites the billing charges and mess it up for everyone.

Reactions: Vostok
There were 3 last night at 8pm at the Macquarie University West 3 car park Ocular chargers with 100% charge still connected with no driver to be found
They are free after 5pm which partially explains why
This one of the chargers at the Uni near me.
I went and had a look and it's not an error.
1714549980350.png