Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargeplace Scotland charges from 1st June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if this is being introduced Scotland wide or just by local authority but in Aberdeen charges will apply from 1st June.

38p Connection Fee, 19p/KWh which is inline with Dundee and Orkney.

This seems fair and should stop hoggers. Folk without home charging may disagree. No sign of any overstay fees.

I couldn’t find anything on the chargeplacescotland website to confirm if these apply nationally.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Roy W.
I don’t know if this is being introduced Scotland wide or just by local authority but in Aberdeen charges will apply from 1st June.

38p Connection Fee, 19p/KWh which is inline with Dundee and Orkney.

This seems fair and should stop hoggers. Folk without home charging may disagree. No sign of any overstay fees.

I couldn’t find anything on the chargeplacescotland website to confirm if these apply nationally.
I believe that this down to each Local Authority to decide and for moment at least most still don't charge.

Looks like free charging in Scotland is coming to an end then.

Annoying that although registered with charge place Scotland there was no notification of this, all seems a bit hush hush.

This is the state of play in Fife now:

20200530_153325.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MacPaul
I don’t know if this is being introduced Scotland wide or just by local authority

just by local authority ... mixed bag at the moment. Still free in the Scottish Borders but I don't know if there are plans to charge in the future. Chargeplacescotland still say free in most parts of the country ... Any changes and charges need to come with a committment to maintain the equipment so as to guarantee reliability... the Borders is OK but some areas seem to have patchy support.

Reactions: Roy W.
A chargepoint is the states which is mostly going away from time billing is $1.25/hr (some free) for four (or X) hours and then $3.00/hr.

I get very annoyed by hoggers. Plug in hybrids that can top in and hour but stay all day - arg

Fife council are resuming their postponed implementation of charging fees as of 16 November 2020.

£1.60 connection fee and £0.15 per kWh.

I completely understand the need to charge for the provision of charging points. The £1.60 connection is a little steep though and some of the chargers I have used have a tendency to stop charging sporadically requiring a new connection. I hope their billing technology is clever enough to understand the difference between a new connection and resumption of an existing failed connection.

Fife is introducing a charging tariff - Charge Place Scotland

"connection fee" seem likes a bad option as it makes it cost more to have two charges from a low state of change to middle, then one charge that blocks the charger for match longer in total.

If anything, there should be an additional cost of using a charger for more then 30 minutes in any 90 minutes period.

Inverclyde council implementing charges from the 1st November.

— Connection fee for all chargers: £1.00 per connection.

— 22 kW and lower chargepoints: £0.20 per kWh.

— 43 kW and higher chargepoints: £0.30 per kWh.

Updated, thanks.

I'd heard South, North and East Ayrshire will charge from Nov this year but just word from a friend of a friend. I rely on them as I live in a flat but 15-20p per unit seems OK. The connection fee means people will only charge when they need it, reducing hoggers who see them as handy EV only parking spots. Hopefully PHEVs will move along too, really bugs me when they hog a rapid while they use the tethered Type 2 for hours charging at 3.6KW. I see the latest rapids CPS have installed no longer have a tethered Type 2, wish they'd remove them all. End of rant.