Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chill Mode usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“You can improve efficiency of the cabin heating by reducing your selected acceleration mode, allowing the heat pump to take more heat from the battery to efficiently heat the cabin instead of maintaining the battery’s ability to provide peak acceleration performance.

There is a presumption behind the above statement that one has been accelerating hard enough to require aggressive battery temp management efforts. In the winter.

That assumption is both season-dependent, and not valid for every-day casual driving.
In the latter case, throttle curve mapping has ZERO impact on efficiency and energy consumption, assuming the driver is aiming to achieve the same level of acceleration in the first place.

Common sense to the rescue!

HTH,
a

I put Acceleration Boost on my car before I ever put it in drive... Having said that, I put it in chill mode once and quickly put back to sport due to how gutless it is in chill mode.

Tesla's throttle mapping is great when you're not in lame (chill) mode. It's stupid easy to accelerate gently, or with vigor.

Good for you, but be sure not to set it to Standard, because you may never want to go back.

I've always had it on Standard. I got 25K miles on the first set of tires (original Michelins), and 60K on the second (Vredestein Quatrac pro), and I don't think I changed my driving habits.

Still considering the accel boost.