Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the email as well. Showed a pic of a white M3. Does that mean that's the color that will be on display? I've seen a red on display in San Diego and have seen a couple blues in the wild in San Diego as well (looks fantastic). Curious to see the white in person.
If you want to see in person, go to Littleton SC, they are to the left from the lot entrance. They usually have a bunch. If you go on a weekend, then not much other traffic, so you can have them to yourself :)

Hello fellow coloradoans,

Do you plan to install NEMA 14-50 (for UMC) or WC? I got the following quotes from Smart Charge Amerca which is outrageous for a 80' run from panel to garage (actually measured at less than 50' wall to wall)...

Install NEMA 14-50 plug @50A for UMC - $1400
Install WC @60A (includes $500 WC from Tesla) - $2400

I'm awaiting to hear from a couple of local electricians and told them it is for an RV charging. Do you know anyone that does it for a more reasonable cost in the northern colorado area?

I have a 14-50 in the garage, with a JuiceBox Pro attached to it (I have another EV that uses J1772). I had the outlet installed along with solar panels a few years back, and was able to get the installer to toss it in at no extra charge once we had agreed on solar pricing. I'm not sure of my length, but the panel is on the back of the house and a crawl space separates the panel from the garage. I'd guess somewhere around 50'.

Those prices do sound high to me.

I would also consider using a higher-rated breaker and wiring if you think there's a chance you may eventually have two EVs in your garage. The WC can put out up to 80A (100A breaker), and two WCs can also share the same circuit (in which case you'd need to have used 100A at the breaker in order to support two WCs each charging at 40A). Generally it's much cheaper to have the install done with this in mind for the future than to wire it at 50A and save a few bucks, then later on need to either re-do the work or separately add a whole other run and breaker.

I did not do that, but I wish that I had.

Hello fellow coloradoans,

Do you plan to install NEMA 14-50 (for UMC) or WC? I got the following quotes from Smart Charge Amerca which is outrageous for a 80' run from panel to garage (actually measured at less than 50' wall to wall)...

Install NEMA 14-50 plug @50A for UMC - $1400
Install WC @60A (includes $500 WC from Tesla) - $2400

I'm awaiting to hear from a couple of local electricians and told them it is for an RV charging. Do you know anyone that does it for a more reasonable cost in the northern colorado area?
I just sent a request for a quote, my scenario might be even more complex than yours - my main panel has no room at all and I need a new subpanel to switch over to it couple of 240V connections (range+sauna) and run a curcuit to garage. I also need close to a 100ft of wire to reach from the back of the house to the front of the garage. I asked about cost for options of 50amp wiring for nema 14-50, 60amp wiring for a single hpwc or 100amp for future expansion. This is on back burner for me, since I still have no invite, but if you can wait I may share the estimate. Previously we talked with the electrician about 14-50 option and he said it'd be around $1K.

I just sent a request for a quote, my scenario might be even more complex than yours - my main panel has no room at all and I need a new subpanel to switch over to it couple of 240V connections (range+sauna) and run a curcuit to garage. I also need close to a 100ft of wire to reach from the back of the house to the front of the garage. I asked about cost for options of 50amp wiring for nema 14-50, 60amp wiring for a single hpwc or 100amp for future expansion. This is on back burner for me, since I still have no invite, but if you can wait I may share the estimate. Previously we talked with the electrician about 14-50 option and he said it'd be around $1K.
I had a similar situation except the HWPC will be installed in an unfinished garage where the electrical panel is also located. It's about a 50' run taking vertical into account. The sub-panel, the run and connecting/mounting the HWPC will be $950 for a 60 amp circuit and an additional $175 to upgrade to a 100 amp circuit (which I'm going to do). This is such a custom thing that he'd probably have to see it in person to give a quote.

My electrician is based in Brighton (pretty close to my house). I'm sure he'll travel to the North/Northeast suburbs but not sure how far he will go. I'm skeptical that he will go to Castle Rock but you can always ask. PM me if you want his contact info.

I had a similar situation except the HWPC will be installed in an unfinished garage where the electrical panel is also located. It's about a 50' run taking vertical into account. The sub-panel, the run and connecting/mounting the HWPC will be $950 for a 60 amp circuit and an additional $175 to upgrade to a 100 amp circuit (which I'm going to do). This is such a custom thing that he'd probably have to see it in person to give a quote.

My electrician is based in Brighton (pretty close to my house). I'm sure he'll travel to the North/Northeast suburbs but not sure how far he will go. I'm skeptical that he will go to Castle Rock but you can always ask. PM me if you want his contact info.

Would you mind sending your electrician's contact details to [email protected]? It sounds like he is more reasonable.

I haven’t seen many Model 3’s around Colorado, but I saw a couple in Highlands Ranch this weekend. Saw a black one on Friday, and a white one on Saturday. Then today decided to look around the service center off broadway. I was able to see more whites, blue, and even my red configuration. I can’t wait!

Last edited:
I haven’t seen many Model 3’s around Colorado, but I saw a couple in Highlands Ranch this weekend. Saw a black one on Friday, and a white one on Saturday. Then today decided to look around the service center off broadway. I was able to see more whites, blue, and even my red configuration. I can’t wait!

I went by today on the off chance that my car had arrived. Saw my config sitting there (blue, aeros) but alas it was an earlier VIN.

I'm in no way advocating doing something you're not comfortable with, but I installed my HPWC without much issue after some basic research. Given my garage is unfinished, the panel is in the garage with plenty of breaker space and the run was a 40' straight shot across the ceiling and then down the wall.

I would say if you're comfortable installing a 3-way light switch, you're up to a HPWC connector install. $2400 is absurd. Total parts cost comes in around $300 + $500 WC = $800 ...$1600 in labor to hit a $2400 quote is crazy talk unless you pay your electrician $400/hr. Thats Tesla owner markup at its finest.

I did research the hell out of code requirements, TMC suggestions and watched about every installation video on YouTube while waiting for delivery of the HWPC to install.