Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Springs Super Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SFNM Jack

Fueled by the Sun…
Aug 31, 2021
Santa Fe, NM
My wife, on her first solo trip in our MYLR went to the super charger in Colorado Springs yesterday. Its located in a downtown parking garage. She had to pay for parking in addition to paying to charge. WTF? It’s not the money but the principal… Has anyone else run into this in Colorado Springs or any where else?

I was there a couple time pre-covid. At that point you did not have to pay. It's been a while, but I think I told the attendant I was there to charge, and the person was in line of sight to the chargers. If the attendant is gone and it is automated, then that may be the reason.

Reactions: SFNM Jack
Cost a buck. Wife brought home the receipts. Unfortunately she was going up the pass to meets some friends for a ski so skipping this super charger wasn’t possible without a substantial detour. Like I said it’s not the money. Got a mind to contact the city and give ‘em an earful. 🙄

Oh, she also managed to scrape the wall with the nose of the car. Thank dog for PPF. Saved any damage to metal body panels but the plastic nose panel has some deep scratches. Probably $2k I’m guessing including PPF replacement. Anyone got any guesses?

Here in Minnesota the SC in Duluth is in a parking garage. But I believe you can avoid the parking fee if you talk to hotel employees where it is located. Haven’t been there yet but it sounds like a pain.
From what I understand, you show the Holiday Inn front desk staff your Tesla key card and they’ll validate your parking. Now that we have the Carlton V3 chargers, I probably won’t have to bother with the Duluth SC.

Cost a buck. Wife brought home the receipts. Unfortunately she was going up the pass to meets some friends for a ski so skipping this super charger wasn’t possible without a substantial detour. Like I said it’s not the money. Got a mind to contact the city and give ‘em an earful. 🙄

Oh, she also managed to scrape the wall with the nose of the car. Thank dog for PPF. Saved any damage to metal body panels but the plastic nose panel has some deep scratches. Probably $2k I’m guessing including PPF replacement. Anyone got any guesses?
Oh man, that sucks. Hopefully it’s not too bad. Do you wait for a worse “rub” and then repair ? I though one of the films can self repair.

Oh man, that sucks. Hopefully it’s not too bad. Do you wait for a worse “rub” and then repair ? I though one of the films can self repair.
Nope… Down to the paint…. No metal just plastic so no baked on paint to be repaired…. And, I didn’t notice it on the initial inspection but she got the wheel too…. Got the quote on Monday.. $2k as I guessed including the wheel. Guess I’ll use the bitched up one for a spare. Believe me, I’m not happy and mama is repentant…. Water under the bridge. That said, its coming our of her allowance. 😂

Reactions: laservet
I believe this is the official thread to complain about the paid parking.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-—-colorado-springs-co.55447/page-10
Drove from Denver to Phoenix yesterday. This thread helped me avoid CO Springs, even though it meant a long & slow charger stop at Monument (12F) to get all the way to Trinidad.

The in-car nav strongly wanted me to top up in Co Springs after Monument (only 24 miles away!) but I refused.

Another issue with the Colorado Springs SC is that if you are towing a trailer it cannot be much taller than a pop-up. Its pretty low clearance. Then you need to find somewhere to stash the trailer while charging. The top deck of the garage usually has enough room for that, but no guarantees.

Have I had to pay at a SC to "park?" Yes, $25 at the Linq Las Vegas location. They used to give you a 1 hour grace period but not any longer (at least not last November when I was there). Charged for 40 minutes for about $15 and then had to pay $25 to get out of the lot.

I don't think it's fair to argue "well, you have to pay to park in ______" because, at a SC, you aren't really parking and/or you aren't there long enough to justify the expense.

The nav still shows 1 hour free parking at LINQ when you enter the code. I checked two days ago for some odd reason.

As for the second part, urban parking real estate isn’t cheap. An 8 stall supercharger eats into the total inventory. We might not be “parking,” but we are taking space that could otherwise be generating revenue. Why should we get free access to parking facilities when everyone else has to pay, even for a short time?

Last edited:
Reactions: laservet