Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And... I got my email today, replied, and got a delivery date for next Tuesday 9/25 at 10:30 am in Littleton. WOO HOO. For me, 893 days of waiting (April 3, 2016 reservation).

AWD / MSM / Black interior / Aero wheels / PUP / EAP (no FSD)
Reserved 4/3/16. Ordered 6/28/18. Last edit on 9/12/18 to add EAP. Delivery timeframe Sep-Nov '18.

Now I have only 5 days to put in my charging outlet, yikes! That quick delivery kind of took me by surprise. Gotta find somewhere to park my '94 Subaru, too. I guess I'll be cleaning out the garage this weekend. Gleefully.

Did they give you a VIN yet?

I wonder if all of us who have been re-scheduled had it happen simply because they ran out of space at the delivery center?

It doesn't seem possible that they can do 181 deliveries on Saturday when apparently 40 makes for an incredibly busy day for them.

If they pull a 13 hour day delivering that works out to over 12 deliveries an hour or a completed delivery every 5 minutes.

Just got back from Littleton with my new AWD non-P. That place is packed to the gills with Model 3s - they are everywhere. At 10 this morning there was nowhere to just park our old existing car. I'd never seen so many Teslas in my life.

We had a great experience and didn't felt rushed at all, but it was clear they are making deliveries like serving pancakes. I don't think my M3 had spent much time off the carrier truck. In and out.

I can't imagine what a Saturday looks like - it must be a complete zoo. I'm glad I took a day off of work for a midweek delivery.

Possible, they might be changing how they do the delivery if they are going to do that many in parallel. Normally they pull the car being delivered into a bay so the customer can look it over, take photos, etc. They don't have 20 places to do that.
They are actually just parking them out front and doing deliveries there. There's a lot more room and they are even using the handicap parking spaces. They might still be using the delivery bays as well but they have dozens of 3s parked for delivery out front. When we took an open spot the other day, they immediately asked us to move.

Just got back from Littleton with my new AWD non-P. That place is packed to the gills with Model 3s - they are everywhere. At 10 this morning there was nowhere to just park our old existing car. I'd never seen so many Teslas in my life.

We had a great experience and didn't felt rushed at all, but it was clear they are making deliveries like serving pancakes. I don't think my M3 had spent much time off the carrier truck. In and out.

I can't imagine what a Saturday looks like - it must be a complete zoo. I'm glad I took a day off of work for a midweek delivery.

Congratulations. Hope the weather up to Cheyenne wasn't too bad to your new beauty.

Thanks for sharing this, did your car have any items that will need post-delivery attention?

Honestly not worried about any really inconsequential things as I plan on having the paint corrected and ceramic coated in about six weeks.

Similar here. I'm actually getting paint corrected, full PPF and then ceramic. Dropping it off the day after I take delivery.

@voip-ninja, did they give you your VIN today, or previously? I'm just trying to figure out if they're keeping them until delivery now or what. Hearing inconsistent reports.

Similar here. I'm actually getting paint corrected, full PPF and then ceramic. Dropping it off the day after I take delivery.

@voip-ninja, did they give you your VIN today, or previously? I'm just trying to figure out if they're keeping them until delivery now or what. Hearing inconsistent reports.

I had my VIN back on 09/10, I got it & MVPA by contacting Littleton directly. When my delivery was bumped it disappeared only to reappear earlier today a few hours before getting the text arranging delivery for tomorrow.

VIN didn’t change.

Either the car arrived earlier than they expected or some minor repair was needed and they completed it early.

I plan to ask tomorrow when the car arrived.

Reactions: rdlink
I had my VIN back on 09/10, I got it & MVPA by contacting Littleton directly. When my delivery was bumped it disappeared only to reappear earlier today a few hours before getting the text arranging delivery for tomorrow.

VIN didn’t change.

Either the car arrived earlier than they expected or some minor repair was needed and they completed it early.

I plan to ask tomorrow when the car arrived.

Did they answer the phone?

Releasing the VIN late wouldn't bother me if they did something else to make me believe my car is really coming. I'm 9 days from my scheduled delivery and my backdoor edit link still works. My DSA assures me that I've been assigned a car and it's on its way, but I'm not sure how I'm able to edit a car that's already built.

I'm more than a little skeptical they're going to pull this off without a hitch:

PlevU57.png

Releasing the VIN late wouldn't bother me if they did something else to make me believe my car is really coming. I'm 9 days from my scheduled delivery and my backdoor edit link still works. My DSA assures me that I've been assigned a car and it's on its way, but I'm not sure how I'm able to edit a car that's already built.

I'm more than a little skeptical they're going to pull this off without a hitch:

PlevU57.png

Two things: First, where did you get those numbers? Those seem very low, considering the fact that it was reported that the Littleton service center was doing 40-50 deliveries yesterday alone, and has 181 scheduled for Saturday. Second, I am 8 days out, and my back door edit link is locked. It was open two days ago.

Two things: First, where did you get those numbers? Those seem very low, considering the fact that it was reported that the Littleton service center was doing 40-50 deliveries yesterday alone, and has 181 scheduled for Saturday. Second, I am 8 days out, and my back door edit link is locked. It was open two days ago.

Those are reported deliveries on Troy's spreadsheet. They're not extrapolated out to 'actual' deliveries.