Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

Just got this email from Tesla:
4FC41C95-9904-443E-80D1-8B63CD07F2FD.png

I have 3PWs; by my math the amount is a little lower than it should be… but I need to finish up my event spreadsheet to confirm.

Upvote 0
A whopping $286 here (2PW, Eversource East) since my installer ****ed up and only submitted my application in July.

Very interested in what other Eversource folks are getting to go back to the installer for compensation.
At least you could sign up. Eversource New Hampshire won't even give you the option and closed out the Powerwall program altogether.

• Informative
Reactions: Mosun and appleguru
Upvote 0
Just got the same email - for 2 powerealls it was just over $1,500. Last year, however, was a similar amount which has me perplexed because I’m certain most of the events this year were for a shorter duration any higher output (IOW - they should have averaged a higher amount per event). The only difference is the check last year was from Eversource but this year is from Tesla. Is Tesla taking a cut?

Upvote 0
just got email saying checks in the mail. 2 PW's = $1,497. That is the low end of what I was expecting. I hope there is an accounting statement to match up with my powerwall reporting. I'm pretty sure that I participated fully in all events. I have no idea whether the events were 2 or 3 hours though. I just know that they drained all they could from fully charged batteries for the events, and stopped the draw when they got down to 20%.

Upvote 0