Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed Abstract Ocean's dash wrap this afternoon and it is a little trickier than the console wraps. I had a hard time seeing the filament of the knifeless tape against the white dash, but it turned out okay in the end. Hopefully, the matrix black dash wrap will cut down on the reflection of the white dash on the door glass.

Installed Abstract Ocean's dash wrap this afternoon and it is a little trickier than the console wraps. I had a hard time seeing the filament of the knifeless tape against the white dash, but it turned out okay in the end. Hopefully, the matrix black dash wrap will cut down on the reflection of the white dash on the door glass.

Photos please :) - got the same on order

Reactions: Blueskye
I think if you had posted who they are they may have priced themselves out of many jobs.

Presumably they didn't mention what they do different to the home install kits that many are very happy with?

Just that they have to take the panels off so it takes a lot of time....

I wouldn't want anyone taking the panels off anyway ideally...so that puts a red flag up for me.

Reactions: Blueskye
Photos please :) - got the same on order

The Matrix Black does cut down on the reflection of the white dash on the side window, so I would say it was worth it for me....

Attachments

• rS%9LlGpTOmtDIy+yMrsNw.jpg
    rS%9LlGpTOmtDIy+yMrsNw.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 107
  • HIa3i6MVTESOixG5hCIgJA.jpg
    HIa3i6MVTESOixG5hCIgJA.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 80
I think that makes the cabin a little bland tbh. I kind of like tat the oak breaks the minimalism up a bit.

I agree with you !! The only reason I did it was to eliminate the reflection of the white dash panel on the side window - which obscured the view in the side view mirror. I installed after market convex side view mirrors from SUMA which are a darker blue color and the reflections from the white dash panel were more noticeable after that. It's definitely function over form, and it did eliminate the reflection - but I agree, doesn't look as fashionable without the white dash panel.

I'd like to order the Abstract Ocean wrap, but I've heard that others have had to pay relatively large service charges to the UK delivery company to cover a small import duty. Has anyone ordered just the console wrap?
Yep, after a poor experience with the TapTes one I ordered just the console wrap from AO, straight after they’d sorted out the UK postage costs.
It arrived at the end of last week, with the postman, no customs or handling charges.
Bear in mind I may have been lucky, and YMMV!

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
I'd like to order the Abstract Ocean wrap, but I've heard that others have had to pay relatively large service charges to the UK delivery company to cover a small import duty. Has anyone ordered just the console wrap?
Yes me.
Think it arrives Wednesday. Paid extra for expedited. Yes you tick a box to say you'll pay the duty. If its higher than I'm expecting, I'll just check the commercial invoice and the HTS code used...

• Informative
Reactions: Andrew_SE23