Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Containment Hold Discussion Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think m delivery estimate might be blank because of my Texas delivery. Anyone else accepting delivery in Texas actually have an estimate in their order page?

Last estimate for me in the portal was 17-30 June (I’m expecting 30 June 🙂). Been blank for a a week.
I am also taking delivery in Texas for a Model 3. I was contacted this am by the Service Center in Plano TX to confirm I still want delivery in June.

The SA said cars are moving daily nationally and they will be “matching“ me soon. Put me down on a List for “expedited“ delivery and will reach back out to me.

My Tesla Account ETA has been the 8-12 weeks generic range for a week now. Before that I was seeing June 20-30. I ordered on April 11th.

#TeslaRookie

Ordered April 8th, originally showed 5-10 weeks before I finalized the order. Estimates have bounced around like everyone else's. Site is down for me currently too, as for everyone else, but I've had no estimate at all showing since Thursday of last week. I've been unable to reach an SA via email.

I haven’t from my store leader or operations mgr since last Wednesday. Not a good sign regarding this firmware update. Pickup is in Bloomington IL. They gave my VIN which won’t appear on my account until the firmware update is done and even sent me pictures, but still doesn’t know when I can pickup. 😂

Reactions: Marxw
I am also taking delivery in Texas for a Model 3. I was contacted this am by the Service Center in Plano TX to confirm I still want delivery in June.

The SA said cars are moving daily nationally and they will be “matching“ me soon. Put me down on a List for “expedited“ delivery and will reach back out to me.

My Tesla Account ETA has been the 8-12 weeks generic range for a week now. Before that I was seeing June 20-30. I ordered on April 11th.

#TeslaRookie
I am also taking delivery for a MY in Plano, TX. I haven't had a delivery window in at least two weeks. Before that it kept moving around within the late May-early June window. I received a text last Thursday saying my "account is close in queue to be matched to a car" and if I'm ready to take delivery by June 30th no further action is needed. Then I had two texts come in at the same time earlier today. Not going to lie but I got really excited until I saw what it said. One asked if I'm still interested and to confirm with a "C" or to hold respond "Hold." The other gave info on charging and to reply if I had any questions. So now I don't know how to respond. Guess I'll just reply "C" lol

Attachments

• Update.jpeg
    Update.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 93
I am also taking delivery for a MY in Plano, TX. I haven't had a delivery window in at least two weeks. Before that it kept moving around within the late May-early June window. I received a text last Thursday saying my "account is close in queue to be matched to a car" and if I'm ready to take delivery by June 30th no further action is needed. Then I had two texts come in at the same time earlier today. Not going to lie but I got really excited until I saw what it said. One asked if I'm still interested and to confirm with a "C" or to hold respond "Hold." The other gave info on charging and to reply if I had any questions. So now I don't know how to respond. Guess I'll just reply "C" lol
Wow... I haven’t received that msg yet from Plano. But I called back responding to their Voicemail this morning. C sounds like the right choice if you want delivery this Quarter.

See you there! Haha!

Ordered April 8th, originally showed 5-10 weeks before I finalized the order. Estimates have bounced around like everyone else's. Site is down for me currently too, as for everyone else, but I've had no estimate at all showing since Thursday of last week. I've been unable to reach an SA via email.
Also awaiting a model 3 in Portland (Macadam location) See you there!

Heard from my operations mgr “Thanks for reaching out! But we are inching closer to being able to release the car we have for you from service. We received a possible solution firmware yesterday and are waiting on confirmation from service. So its looking like it could be any day now! But as of right now, I will keep you posted as soon as everything is ready for you!”

Last edited:
Anyone thinks that because they removed radar that they have to recertify the safety features and that’s what takes time?

I think it's got to be something with them removing the radar, maybe related to the Automatic Emergency Braking feature which is standard on all of the cars. I believe it is part of the crash safety ratings. I bet the real holdup is whatever US agency is in charge of approving the change and keeping the rating the same.

Reactions: Platini
Has anyone actually taken delivery in the last couple weeks? Seems like not just 10K cars are on hold, but maybe all model Ys?

Edit: nevermind, just confirmed my suspicions in the order tracking google sheet: only 5 VINs assigned in the last 2-3 weeks, and looking at the delivery dates they pretty much completely drop off a cliff end of April. Guess I'll stop hitting refresh, take a number, get some popcorn, June and July are gonna be a bumpy ride.
but we all know not every buyer is on this site or has filled out the google doc right? Do not assume nothing is being delivered

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
this is my point we are a small sample and to extrapolate that to say no teslas have been delivered is a disservice to everyone. I have no idea if a Tesla has been delivered or not. I know when I purchased my M3 last year it was I heard nothing and then it was your car is ready. I am hoping its the same for the MY i purchased in April and am waiting for

this is my point we are a small sample and to extrapolate that to say no teslas have been delivered is a disservice to everyone. I have no idea if a Tesla has been delivered or not. I know when I purchased my M3 last year it was I heard nothing and then it was your car is ready. I am hoping its the same for the MY i purchased in April and am waiting for
I tend to agree. There's also been very few mentions to this in the news, etc. besides the one article that referenced 10,000 vehicles sitting in hold. I feel like we'd see a lot more info in open source if there was truthfully 0 deliveries occurring.

Reactions: jfontana
Anyone thinks that because they removed radar that they have to recertify the safety features and that’s what takes time?

I think it's got to be something with them removing the radar, maybe related to the Automatic Emergency Braking feature which is standard on all of the cars. I believe it is part of the crash safety ratings. I bet the real holdup is whatever US agency is in charge of approving the change and keeping the rating the same.

@vfortier @captainreynold this seems to be as good of a guess as any! It definitely fits the observable circumstances.

Reactions: Platini

I’m guessing this is the reason for the firmware update