Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not rule out $420 or low $400s.
People here talk about the rave cave at Giga Berlin while people in Italy are dying every day more and more.
Please read an italian news paper to get first hand info on what is going on currently in Italy (use google translate).
In the rest of Europe confirmed cases spraed about everywhere by now.
Numbers will go up exponentially at the beginning like in Italy.
What could be the reasons that in the US all this mell will happen slower or at a lower scale?
What do you want us to do? Weep? Pre-condition ourselves for the panic? We're taking it just like everyone else: one day at a time. States are sending out state of emergency. Hand sanitizers are selling like hot cakes. Do we have to break down and lose our mind to be taken seriously? Here's a reason to be optimistic: the US's population density is only 1/3 that of Europe and 1/4 that of Asia.

I ran across this interesting visualization from /u/TunaCandy over at reddit:

fyy8feh5gtl41.png

Coronavirus: Missouri man breaks self-quarantine, goes to school dance

This is a perfect example of what I mentioned yesterday about American behavior. There are many more cases here than acknowledged, thanks to extremely limited testing and blase attitudes by many of the infected.
That's one of the negatives about Americans. We are very optimistic people, individualist etc. but that can turn into being very self centered very easily. Especially if you listen to politicians/media telling you that it's not a threat and is actually a hoax.

What do you want us to do? Weep? Pre-condition ourselves for the panic? We're taking it just like everyone else: one day at a time. States are sending out state of emergency. Hand sanitizers are selling like hot cakes. Do we have to break down and lose our mind to be taken seriously? Here's a reason to be optimistic: the US's population density is only 1/3 that of Europe and 1/4 that of Asia.
Here is Corriere della Sera, a traditinoal italian newspaper with google translate.
I do not want to add anything, just read.

No offense, but I'd take anything on Reddit with a very big grain of salt. In contrast, Highway2Heel's post presented the best overall summary to date. Factual stuff. From real physicians and those treating the patients.
None taken. The r/dataisbeautiful sub takes their data pretty seriously in general, but your point is taken. Here is an interactive map sourced with WHO data, if you prefer.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

If Trump wants to help the market he needs a solid containment and treatment plan. Roll out massive mobile testing operations so people don't have to go out to get tested. That sort of thing. Unfortunately he isn't a leader, but a con artist. So for him he goes to what he knows, he says he wants to cut payroll taxes. Payroll tax cuts won't save the travel industry or make people go out to eat.

There is money to be made on these rises and falls IMO. This won't be over until we get a mass produced vaccine or it burns out. Possibly we get a breather over the summer.

Instead, he denies the problem, puts a science denier in charge, puts science under kibosh and goes around SHAKING HANDS WITH THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. After himself being exposed to contagion.

Where is TSA when you really need them, eh? Or any other federal agencies for that matter. Words fail me.

Anyone else suspicious that Russia has reported practically no cases? They have pretty consistent travel with eastern europe, Iran, and China, yet they have pretty much zero cases.

Extremely suspicions. And have been extremely suspicious for quite some time. And they're exactly the sort of nation which would hide this sort of thing. And Putin is currently working to get a bit of constitutional gymnastics approved that would allow him to "legally" stay in office beyond 2024.

In Brabant (southern part of NL, where the Tesla factory is) all events are cancelled immediately if there are more than 1000 attendees. No lockdown of the province yet, but we're not far from it. All employees that can work remotely are requested to work from home.

Meh, Iceland's been discussing such a "samkomubann" that would apply to gatherings of more than 15 people. ;) Not approved at this point, but it could happen.

Reactions: Big Earl
Instead, he denies the problem, puts a science denier in charge, puts science under kibosh and goes around SHAKING HANDS WITH THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. After himself being exposed to contagion.

Where is TSA when you really need them, eh? Or any other federal agencies for that matter. Words fail me.

Public Health Warning

0nrglv5j.jpg

I really hope the US is getting less cases, what could be the reasons?
I've never seen a scenario for a next global recession, but what are the odds this is not turning out to develop into the next global recession?
We haven't started widespread testing for the virus, so we have no idea how many cases we have, except for those presenting symptoms and getting tested.