Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Starbucks Drive-thru is my one piece of normalcy in my life right now and I do appreciate that they are there even if for only a hot coffee in the morning.
Are they wearing gloves which are changed after each transaction, and constantly wipe all surfaces they touch? That's not even a guarantee, just the bare minimum needed to even begin to avoid potentially transferring from all the people who's money, credit cards, and cups they touched before handing you your Covid Cup each day. Brew it at home.

NY just ordered all non essential business to shut down. Not sure for how long, but this could put a lot of people out of business. Hopefully my business can survive this shut down. This will end up destroying a lot of jobs.

I have relatives who aren't in areas that are shut down yet and are already at the point of laying off employees. I don't think they can survive a shutdown. Good luck to you, hope you can make it.

Not clinical trials. In vitro trials (test tubes). The "clinical" trials everyone is referring to have simply not been released for anyone to review the data.

Also, these two drugs are NOT without significant side effects. Anyone with heart problems needs an EKG before they are started on these medications, or there is a serious risk of death from long QT syndrome.

Thank you for chiming in on the risks as these should be made clear, but this medicine is prescribed as a malaria prophylactic so it's generally well tolerated by a large part of the populace.

To say there is only in vitro results in not true. There is growing evidence of in vivo results. And we are already seeing consensus shifting among health care professionals like yourself. For instance the doctors at this Washington hospital are now using it: Arun Sridhar on Twitter

Here's info on study that has been published
https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...ssful-Covid-19-coronavirus-drug-trial-results
https://www.mediterranee-infection....2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Are they wearing gloves which are changed after each transaction, and constantly wipe all surfaces they touch? That's not even a guarantee, just the bare minimum needed to even begin to avoid potentially transferring from all the people who's money, credit cards, and cups they touched before handing you your Covid Cup each day. Brew it at home.
I'm not sure it is worth the hassle, but if I was really keen on a cup of starbucks I would

Show up with my own cup,
Pour the starbucks coffee into my mug
Discard the starbucks cup
Wipe my hands and my cup and my credit card
Enjoy my coffee

I think a similar approach can be taken with any take out: either consume it hot in a clean utensil, or re-heat it at home. A quick googling found 70C as the magic temperature that removes viral transmission risk.

Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Coronavirus In The U.S.

13k cases so far. I'm surprised NJ hasn't taken similar precautions. Next week or two might be another group of states like Illinois and Florida?

I can’t believe Florida didn’t shut down Spring Break. High population of elderly at risk citizens. I read that there were 19 nursing care facilities with reported coronavirus in them. They wouldn’t say which ones. My MIL is in care down there now and we have no idea what the situation is in hers. No one has been allowed to visit for a while which is understandable but still would like to know if there were any confirmed cases there.

Only thing I can figure for not shutting down Spring break is the loss of revenue generated by it. At this point in time sure isn’t because we don’t believe the virus won’t spread in large gatherings. Maybe all the Spring Breakers should have to stay in Florida now and be cared for there. Latest reports I saw said this age group comprised a much higher percentage of young adults needing hospitalization. This just seems so governmentally irresponsible to me and will now be an additional burden on other states and their populations.

Copying this over from the Investors thread...

Cuomo orders non-essential remain home, coronavirus cases top 7,100

" Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Friday ordered all employees of "non-essential" businesses to stay home. The order will go into effect Sunday."

"The governor on Friday again said that there is a critical need for more ventilators and he asked county health departments to loan or sell them to the state if they have any that are not in use.

"The ventilators are to this war what missiles were to World War II," Cuomo said. "We need ventilators.""

Hopefully Tesla or SpaceX can really come through and make ventilators.

• Informative
Reactions: Lasairfion
I roast coffee at home as well - green beans have a long shelf life and that allows me to have the freshest coffee on hand. It’s times like these that make me glad whatever disorder I have has forced me to try doing everything in life from scratch.
I would do that if I could actually stand to drink coffee.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman