Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to have public health capacity at the local level to conduct surveillance, contact trace, quarantine, and isolate all local cases - especially in the places with "minimal" problems right now - to get out from the lockdown everywhere. It's totally fine to have lockdowns calibrated to the local situation. But the reality is that right now we do not have that capacity, either on the testing front, or the local "troops on the ground" front. We cannot calibrate lockdowns to the local situation because we don't know the local situation everywhere (could nearly say "anywhere").

And other than Dr. Fauci's statements (which he has no authority to make happen), I see no evidence of this happening (it's something that I and others have been calling for here for weeks now).

So we're continuing to lengthen the timeline and increase the spread and increase the death toll through disorganization and lack of action. Clinging to a false hope that somehow there will be some Easter miracle. There won't be.

So, as far as trading is concerned, the market appears to be listening to Trump and believing the hype, while the reality on the ground is that this is going to grind on for far longer than it ever should have. I'd go short.

We could have easily had just a brief 4 week shutdown - we had plenty of warning and time to prepare. But looks like there's no hope of restarting things until mid-May at the earliest. Maybe in small sectors (the West Coast states hopefully) we'll be able to reopen. But even there we need that surveillance system in place to be able to catch the imports from other areas. So it will be a challenge, even in California and Washington, where the curves appear to be bending, albeit slowly. Oregon is a disaster because they have no testing. Inexcusable.

Reactions: Lessmog
From main:

In the US, people will need trillions.

Those checks, if you get a couple a month per person, will keep a lot of people afloat and make it not necessary to break quarantine.

In the US, we're literally talking about how more people may die from starvation and homelessness caused by the quarantine than the disease (and, sure, there's moratoriums on evictions in some areas, but you have landlords that are openly discussing stuff like shutting off utilities, harassing tenants, and handing over properties to the bank to get people to leave), with 30% unemployment being thrown around. And, there are places to spend your money - grocery stores remain open, there's delivery services to minimize contact, etc., etc.

That's what happens when you don't have a social safety net.
Mortality went down during the Great Depression. Just sayin...
Obviously we're going to need some transfers to sustain this though.

Have to say I saw the Easter weekend timeline as more of a political move. All I could think of was how many of those parishioners filling up churches that weekend could end up sick and in the hospital in a few weeks after that or passing it on to others after services. Not knowing if you are a virus carrier (and like others you can show negative but go positive days later) and going into a crowd is scary to think about and will set back recovery efforts. Have to say I think God would understand staying home.

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog
Some anecdotes:
Major hospital group in Naples (NCH, one of two in County) stopped testing today—they ran out of tests

Major Raleigh-Durham-chapel hill NC Hospital Group will now only order a test if you have:
shortness of breath and cough over last 7 days (non allergy) & meet one or more criteria such as:

Been closely exposed to a Covid positive person
65 or older or 2 years or younger
Have a chronic disease such as auto immune, have cardiovascular disease
are overweight with BMI>40
Renal, hepatic or hematologic disease
Neurological disease.

Confirms what my BIL who lives outside of Raleigh said. He has fever and dry cough. He was told he will not be tested because he is "not exhibiting enough symptoms"

Oh, and my town has finally confirmed that the virus is here, 3 cases as of this morning.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and X Fan
november could be a good time to start a new social safety net. the current clown won't support that but when things get bad (and we all know they are headed for that), people will start to remove the rose colored glasses; they'll be forced to confront reality.

its long overdue that we have a safety net. not just for the 1 in 500 year kind of events like this, but even for just regular people who need help, for this or that reason. a caring society does not turn its back on its people. we have. we should know better. lets at least learn from this tragic event and improve our society. there's lots of room for changes and its ripe time, now. use this, for true improvement.

Governor Cuomo has acquired 70,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of the antibiotic zithromax and 750,000 doses of chloroquine, which are being put into use now.

Who said there is no God? What else could cause any Cuomo to agree with the POTUS? It should be deemed a miracle, something that cannot be explained by logic, reason, or science.

I say there is no god.

I and several billion other rational thinking human beings.

where.png

I apologize if the following resources have been posted already. I don't have time to read the whole thread.

Tesla-watchers who have witnessed the media bias and disinformation campaign against Tesla and Elon might be open to the evidence that similar bias exists against other people and ideas that threaten powerful industries. At least I hope so. One such powerful industry is the manufacturers of patent medicines, aka Big Pharma, whose products are sometimes helpful but whose corrupting influence on the medical profession and media and government has been catastrophic for human health.

Case in point: While media and government agencies tell us Big Pharma is working hard to save us from Coronavirus with forthcoming drugs and vaccines, they are not telling us (or doctors) that effective treatments and prevention already exist using natural substances and methods that cannot be patented. Big Pharma doesn't want you to know that intravenous vitamin C has cured Corona cases, even when severe. You have to look beyond mainstream media and mainstream doctors.

Here is a doctor in Shanghai reporting on vitamin C usage there for Coronavirus:
Cheng Integrative Health Center Blog | Integrative Health, Anti-Aging, Functional Medicine, Weight Loss, Integrative Cancer Therapies related topics, questions, products such as hormones and appetite suppressants including Phentermine, Bontril, Tenuate and Didrex and hCG. The opinions posted here are those of the posters and of DrWLC staff and may not be FDA approved. – Richard Cheng, M.D., Ph.D.

Here is an American doctor reporting on vitamin C and other non-patentable treatments for viruses:
Stay Healthy with Dr Brownstein's Holistic Medicine

The global panic over Coronavirus is ironic because the death-toll and suffering is vastly greater from pandemic chronic diseases (heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc.) treated ineffectively with drugs, and from adverse drug reactions (over 100k deaths/year in the US). I hope that learning about non-drug cures for Coronavirus can be your gateway to learning about non-drug cures for the much greater threats to your health. These non-patentable cures are so-called Lifestyle Medicine or Functional/Holistic/Integrative Medicine. I would start your education here:
NutritionFacts.org | The Latest in Nutrition Related Research

I apologize if the following resources have been posted already. I don't have time to read the whole thread.

Tesla-watchers who have witnessed the media bias and disinformation campaign against Tesla and Elon might be open to the evidence that similar bias exists against other people and ideas that threaten powerful industries. At least I hope so. One such powerful industry is the manufacturers of patent medicines, aka Big Pharma, whose products are sometimes helpful but whose corrupting influence on the medical profession and media and government has been catastrophic for human health.

Case in point: While media and government agencies tell us Big Pharma is working hard to save us from Coronavirus with forthcoming drugs and vaccines, they are not telling us (or doctors) that effective treatments and prevention already exist using natural substances and methods that cannot be patented. Big Pharma doesn't want you to know that intravenous vitamin C has cured Corona cases, even when severe. You have to look beyond mainstream media and mainstream doctors.

Here is a doctor in Shanghai reporting on vitamin C usage there for Coronavirus:
Cheng Integrative Health Center Blog | Integrative Health, Anti-Aging, Functional Medicine, Weight Loss, Integrative Cancer Therapies related topics, questions, products such as hormones and appetite suppressants including Phentermine, Bontril, Tenuate and Didrex and hCG. The opinions posted here are those of the posters and of DrWLC staff and may not be FDA approved. – Richard Cheng, M.D., Ph.D.

Here is an American doctor reporting on vitamin C and other non-patentable treatments for viruses:

The global panic over Coronavirus is ironic because the death-toll and suffering is vastly greater from pandemic chronic diseases (heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc.) treated ineffectively with drugs, and from adverse drug reactions (over 100k deaths/year in the US). I hope that learning about non-drug cures for Coronavirus can be your gateway to learning about non-drug cures for the much greater threats to your health. These non-patentable cures are so-called Lifestyle Medicine or Functional/Holistic/Integrative Medicine. I would start your education here:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
The mainstream doctors who are literally dying to fight this pandemic are hiding the real cure?
You should get this information to our President immediately.

I also have no idea how to respond to this. I listen to NutritionFacts as well from time to time, but the idea that somehow the real cure is being hidden requires a level of cynicism and lack of logic that even I do not possess.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
The mainstream doctors who are literally dying to fight this pandemic are hiding the real cure?

I didn't say mainstream doctors. I said Big Pharma, which controls the training, certification and marketing of mainstream doctors.

Most doctors want to help people, but know little or nothing about nutrition and non-patentable treatments. Worse, they have been taught to ridicule such approaches, like you are.

I also have no idea how to respond to this. I listen to NutritionFacts as well from time to time, but the idea that somehow the real cure is being hidden requires a level of cynicism and lack of logic that even I do not possess.

Then you haven't listened to Dr. Greger quite enough.

Why don't you try listening to Dr. Cheng in my embedded video.

Short update from The Netherlands: today saw the largest number of deaths (63) and new cases (811) yet. A day earlier the government decided to tighten the rules. No full lockdown yet, but all gatherings of more than 2 people are now illegal (was up to 100 people before) and that restriction will stay in place until at least 1 June! That means they expect this to last for at least another 10 weeks. This is not going to be over by Easter.

I didn't say mainstream doctors. I said Big Pharma, which controls the training, certification and marketing of mainstream doctors.

Most doctors want to help people, but know little or nothing about nutrition and non-patentable treatments. Worse, they have been taught to ridicule such approaches, like you are.
I've been prescribed plenty of non-patentable treatments. They're testing non-patentable treatments for COVID-19 right now.
You propose that big Pharma (who employ many doctors!) have treatments but are not releasing them because they can't be patented.

I've been prescribed plenty of non-patentable treatments. They're testing non-patentable treatments for COVID-19 right now.
You propose that big Pharma (who employ many doctors!) have treatments but are not releasing them because they can't be patented.

Try reading my post again. Big Pharma doesn't "have" IV vitamin C, but they are not telling you about it, are they?